June 2010 LSAT takers PS Thread

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
User avatar
upfish
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT takers PS Thread

Postby upfish » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:43 pm

I am also in. I haven't finished a draft yet, but I'm definitely interested in reading and having mine read.

And I have tons of free time at work for critiques, so feel free to PM me PSes as well. :D

TOMaHULK
Posts: 547
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT takers PS Thread

Postby TOMaHULK » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:09 pm

It seems like a lot of the PS's that I'm reading are simply short personal stories (some not very direct).

Is there a link someone can share that aids in PS writing (other than TLS), more like formatting, etc?

Also, are all of you putting a title on it?

Thanks in advance. :wink:

Hey-O
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:50 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT takers PS Thread

Postby Hey-O » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:33 pm

TOMaHULK wrote:It seems like a lot of the PS's that I'm reading are simply short personal stories (some not very direct).

Is there a link someone can share that aids in PS writing (other than TLS), more like formatting, etc?

Also, are all of you putting a title on it?

Thanks in advance. :wink:


No title, but put your name and LSAC # on every page (like a footer or header)

TOMaHULK
Posts: 547
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT takers PS Thread

Postby TOMaHULK » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:27 pm

Hey-O wrote:
TOMaHULK wrote:It seems like a lot of the PS's that I'm reading are simply short personal stories (some not very direct).

Is there a link someone can share that aids in PS writing (other than TLS), more like formatting, etc?

Also, are all of you putting a title on it?

Thanks in advance. :wink:


No title, but put your name and LSAC # on every page (like a footer or header)


See...? Did not know that :)

crossingforHYS
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT takers PS Thread

Postby crossingforHYS » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:21 pm

TOMaHULK wrote:
Hey-O wrote:
TOMaHULK wrote:It seems like a lot of the PS's that I'm reading are simply short personal stories (some not very direct).

Is there a link someone can share that aids in PS writing (other than TLS), more like formatting, etc?

Also, are all of you putting a title on it?

Thanks in advance. :wink:


No title, but put your name and LSAC # on every page (like a footer or header)


See...? Did not know that :)

i didnt :oops:

User avatar
gokickrocks
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT takers PS Thread

Postby gokickrocks » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:09 am

I'm currently working on a first draft, so I'll definitely need some criticism on mine at some point.

User avatar
angiej
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

Re: June 2010 LSAT takers PS Thread

Postby angiej » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:37 am

Anyone care to read an almost finalized draft? I've re-written and gone over it several times, and have had several TLSers look it over already, but I've re-written since and want fresh eyes who haven't seen my past drafts.

User avatar
hemm
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:56 am

Re: June 2010 LSAT takers PS Thread

Postby hemm » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:58 pm

I'm down to read any June LSATers' PS, just PM me. I've got a fairly rough draft that should be in a swappable form in a few days. Also I can't guarantee I'll be any help whatsoever :wink:

User avatar
theavrock
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:52 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT takers PS Thread

Postby theavrock » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:37 pm

Hey all. I have a PS basically done. Would love to get some feedback on it and am definitely willing to swap with anyone.

ecpowerhouse
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:51 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT takers PS Thread

Postby ecpowerhouse » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:55 pm

Hey guys. I've got a first draft done and would love to swap statements. Any and all feedback is appreciated. Just shoot me a message.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT takers PS Thread

Postby Dany » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:44 pm

It's not a PS (unfortunately, I haven't gotten anywhere on that front), but would someone care to take a look at a GPA addendum? It's kind of personal, so I'd rather not post it. Just shoot me a PM! Thanks!

User avatar
Light
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:00 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT takers PS Thread

Postby Light » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:06 pm

I am playing with some topics and enjoying reading others on here. I'll try and get something down within the next couple days.

User avatar
bostonlawchick
Posts: 439
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:09 am

Re: June 2010 LSAT takers PS Thread

Postby bostonlawchick » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:50 pm

Dredging up this thread because June takers are an awesome bunch :D

Would anyone care to look at my first draft? PM me!

ns77770
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT takers PS Thread

Postby ns77770 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:51 pm

bostonlawchick wrote:Dredging up this thread because June takers are an awesome bunch :D

Would anyone care to look at my first draft? PM me!


I PM'd you.




Return to “Law School Personal Statements”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.