PS topic trouble

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
sgp_lycee
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:35 pm

PS topic trouble

Postby sgp_lycee » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:47 am

I'm in the process of trying to write my PS, but I can't decide what my topic should be. I did read JustDude's advice which is why I'm not really sure what I should write about now.


My UG GPA is not awesome and I'm not sure if I should write about how I've changed nearly 4 years later. I'm a high school teacher (1 year inner city, 2 years South Korea), so I have situations that connect well with growing and learning.
or

A situation that occurred in my teaching while in South Korea with my principal who was a mentally and emotionally unstable bigot and how I and several other teachers were, by Korean legal definition, being harassed by him and how I and several other teachers ousted him.

or
How I helped to academically build a school in a South Korea and the pitfalls that go with creating an idea in a foreign place that doesn't fully support or understand the mission.


Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: PS topic trouble

Postby Kretzy » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:07 am

sgp_lycee wrote:A situation that occurred in my teaching while in South Korea with my principal who was a mentally and emotionally unstable bigot and how I and several other teachers were, by Korean legal definition, being harassed by him and how I and several other teachers ousted him.


Though the situation was a bit different, my PS was also (partially) about a bigoted school director in South Korea. I believe it served me well (stats/results in profile) and if you'd like to chat through stuff, let me know!

User avatar
Angelica Pickles
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:14 pm

Re: PS topic trouble

Postby Angelica Pickles » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:03 am

sgp_lycee wrote:How I helped to academically build a school in a South Korea and the pitfalls that go with creating an idea in a foreign place that doesn't fully support or understand the mission.


Go with this for your PS. I wouldn't want to dwell on such a negative topic like the other one. As far as the bad grades go, write an addendum explaining why they were low and be sure to mention any upward trends.

User avatar
JustDude
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:07 pm

Re: PS topic trouble

Postby JustDude » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:25 am

Angelica Pickles wrote:
sgp_lycee wrote:How I helped to academically build a school in a South Korea and the pitfalls that go with creating an idea in a foreign place that doesn't fully support or understand the mission.


Go with this for your PS. I wouldn't want to dwell on such a negative topic like the other one. As far as the bad grades go, write an addendum explaining why they were low and be sure to mention any upward trends.


Positrive (built smth) is always better then negative (Punished smone)




Return to “Law School Personal Statements”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.