Swapping/editing each others' PSes on TLS

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
legalized

Swapping/editing each others' PSes on TLS

Postby legalized » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:06 pm

How do you guys trust that the other person isn't some scam artist looking to collect your PS and bum a ride off your ideas?

Yes it could result in someone being outed as a fraud during LS applications...but it could easily be that if they apply before you, that person outed is YOU.

And, as a side note, I always read that people are encouraged to have professors and current lawyers critique their personal statements. How many people do this, and do you use only professors and lawyers you know, or do you get completely objective people you don't know (say, any professor in the english department or that works with PhD candidates, any lawyer from any law office) so that people you know don't pick up information about you you might not have wanted them to know otherwise?

pugalicious

Re: Swapping/editing each others' PSes on TLS

Postby pugalicious » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:09 pm

legalized wrote:How do you guys trust that the other person isn't some scam artist looking to collect your PS and bum a ride off your ideas?

Yes it could result in someone being outed as a fraud during LS applications...but it could easily be that if they apply before you, that person outed is YOU.

And, as a side note, I always read that people are encouraged to have professors and current lawyers critique their personal statements. How many people do this, and do you use only professors and lawyers you know, or do you get completely objective people you don't know (say, any professor in the english department or that works with PhD candidates, any lawyer from any law office) so that people you know don't pick up information about you you might not have wanted them to know otherwise?

Or your PS could be posted on the forums and mocked mercilessly...I don't know, I wouldn't trade mine...

The person who read over mine is a current lawyer who my father sees at work. He was a student rep on a t14 adcomm...

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”