% of PS that should be about top choice school?

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
CMDantes

% of PS that should be about top choice school?

Postby CMDantes » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:01 pm

Say your top choice doesn't require a 'why X' essay but they highly recommend addressing the question in your personal statement.

Given that, how much of your PS should be dedicated to this in a 2 page double spaced PS?

Further, should you mention that attending said school is such a dream that you'd strive to transfer if rejected?

Georgiana

Re: % of PS that should be about top choice school?

Postby Georgiana » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:11 pm

CMDantes wrote:Say your top choice doesn't require a 'why X' essay but they highly recommend addressing the question in your personal statement.

Are you allowed to submit it in an addendum? If so I would do that.
CMDantes wrote:Given that, how much of your PS should be dedicated to this in a 2 page double spaced PS?

If you can't do an addendum I would say no more than a paragraph or two should be dedicated to the school.
CMDantes wrote:Further, should you mention that attending said school is such a dream that you'd strive to transfer if rejected?

No. Don't give them the idea of rejecting you.

CMDantes

Re: % of PS that should be about top choice school?

Postby CMDantes » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:29 pm

Thanks for your reply Georgiana.

I specifically asked them about the addendum, they told me they didn't want it in the personal statement if at all. They said I should reserve the addendum for things like overcoming diversity, period of poor academic performance, etc.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”