% of PS that should be about top choice school?

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
CMDantes
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:37 pm

% of PS that should be about top choice school?

Postby CMDantes » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:01 pm

Say your top choice doesn't require a 'why X' essay but they highly recommend addressing the question in your personal statement.

Given that, how much of your PS should be dedicated to this in a 2 page double spaced PS?

Further, should you mention that attending said school is such a dream that you'd strive to transfer if rejected?

User avatar
Georgiana
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: % of PS that should be about top choice school?

Postby Georgiana » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:11 pm

CMDantes wrote:Say your top choice doesn't require a 'why X' essay but they highly recommend addressing the question in your personal statement.

Are you allowed to submit it in an addendum? If so I would do that.
CMDantes wrote:Given that, how much of your PS should be dedicated to this in a 2 page double spaced PS?

If you can't do an addendum I would say no more than a paragraph or two should be dedicated to the school.
CMDantes wrote:Further, should you mention that attending said school is such a dream that you'd strive to transfer if rejected?

No. Don't give them the idea of rejecting you.

CMDantes
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:37 pm

Re: % of PS that should be about top choice school?

Postby CMDantes » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:29 pm

Thanks for your reply Georgiana.

I specifically asked them about the addendum, they told me they didn't want it in the personal statement if at all. They said I should reserve the addendum for things like overcoming diversity, period of poor academic performance, etc.




Return to “Law School Personal Statements”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.