Reapplying=New PS?

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
HelplessinAZ

Reapplying=New PS?

Postby HelplessinAZ » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:31 am

If you are reapplying to the same school a year after you've been rejected, is it recommended to submit a new PS?

luckycurl84

Re: Reapplying=New PS?

Postby luckycurl84 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:53 pm

HelplessinAZ wrote:If you are reapplying to the same school a year after you've been rejected, is it recommended to submit a new PS?

Unless you want the same result, give a new PS.

Osos

Postby Osos » Sat May 22, 2010 2:14 am

luckycurl84 wrote:
HelplessinAZ wrote:If you are reapplying to the same school a year after you've been rejected, is it recommended to submit a new PS?

Unless you want the same result, give a new PS.

I dunno I mean if you felt confident with your ps before but you drastically improved your lsat, and you also haven't had any new formative experiences to write about, maybe you can use the same one. What's the scenario here?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sat May 22, 2010 2:16 am

I would rather not leave the adcomms with the impression that you are lazy. They will know you applied before, and they will have access to your old file. Better safe than sorry; write a new PS.

GATORTIM

Postby GATORTIM » Sat May 22, 2010 2:36 am

At the very least, tweak it a bit; otherwise they will think you have just been sitting around playing dungeons and dragons over the past year while other applicants have been feeding refugees in some DMZ halfway around the globe or circumcising stray cats in South America.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”