Unsubstantiated claims in PS

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
quickquestionthanks

Unsubstantiated claims in PS

Postby quickquestionthanks » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:09 am

Hello,

In my PS, I mention what I think are some pretty cool and unique softs.

Some of my story is verifiable from Google searches, but the coolest parts (removed to sound less douchey) are not. How much is this worth to them? I mean, anyone could say anything. And otherwise I'm a borderline, but not altogether laughable, candidate at many 20-40 schools just by the numbers.

I'm wondering how stupid it would be to contact the admissions staff and ask them if they want me to send email chains to provide evidence for my claims. Surely someone on this board has thought of this broader issue. Any experience with this?

(moved from other board)

Gefuehlsecht

Re: Unsubstantiated claims in PS

Postby Gefuehlsecht » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:14 am

I'm wondering how stupid it would be to contact the admissions staff and ask them if they want me to send email chains to provide evidence for my claims.

It would be pretty stupid.

burtonrideclub

Postby burtonrideclub » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:14 am

I don't think this is a good idea....in fact I can't even tell if you are serious.

Rowinguy2009

Postby Rowinguy2009 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:15 am

Care to elaborate on what you are writing about? Unless it is something big it is going to have a minimal impact, and I would not suggest providing any kind of proof.

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:18 am

burtonrideclub wrote:I don't think this is a good idea....in fact I can't even tell if you are serious.

I know, it felt weird to type. I often wonder if a lot of these posts are serious.

I suppose the answer is that they'll take it at face value and weigh it against my other moral and ethical indicators. And I definitely shouldn't send them anything.

lostjake

Postby lostjake » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:36 pm

Are you going to send them a chain email that said if you didn't forward it on you'd have a spirit guide and you wrote about how you didn't forward it and had a life changing experience?

BruceBarr

Postby BruceBarr » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:39 pm

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”