Page 1 of 1

TYPOS! What should I do? Already submitted.

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:34 am
by SwollenMonkey
I have the following typos on my application packet:

PS: no hyphen between the words Mexican-American, 19 year-old, and college-graduate.
Addedum 1: Used the word "transition" instead of the grammatically correct word "transitioning."
Addendum 2: There is a double space where there should be a single space.

Should I call the schools directly and ask if I can re-submit the corrected documents?

Re: TYPOS! What should I do? Already submitted.

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:37 am
by cardinalandgold
Just leave it be. Chances are, they may not even notice. And even if they do notice, these seem like very minor mistakes that will have little or no impact on their impression of you.

Re: TYPOS! What should I do? Already submitted.

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:39 am
by ec2xs
cardinalandgold wrote:Just leave it be. Chances are, they may not even notice. And even if they do notice, these seem like very minor mistakes that will have little or no impact on their impression of you.


+1

I made a much worse typo towards a school I was accepted to (I had a 50-50 shot of being accepted). Your hyphens were at least consistently missing, nobody will notice the space, and an -ing won't make or break the bank.

Re: TYPOS! What should I do? Already submitted.

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:49 am
by SwollenMonkey
Thanks. I'll post with updates regarding decisions.

Re: TYPOS! What should I do? Already submitted.

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:18 am
by JustDude
SwollenMonkey wrote:Thanks. I'll post with updates regarding decisions.


No one cares. Relax. Wanna share a bottle of tequila?

Re: TYPOS! What should I do? Already submitted.

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:22 am
by amputatedbrain
Those typos are barely worth mentioning, let alone worry about. You're fine. If you called the school about something that small you'd only appear neurotic.

Re: TYPOS! What should I do? Already submitted.

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:41 am
by SwollenMonkey
amputatedbrain wrote:Those typos are barely worth mentioning, let alone worry about. You're fine. If you called the school about something that small you'd only appear neurotic.


LOL! Alright, I'll chill.

Re: TYPOS! What should I do? Already submitted.

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:34 am
by Grizz
Chill out dude; not a huge deal.




Image

Re: TYPOS! What should I do? Already submitted.

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:36 am
by calicocat
Kill yourself

you're fine they won't even notice

Re: TYPOS! What should I do? Already submitted.

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:47 pm
by hunkydory
SwollenMonkey wrote:I have the following typos on my application packet:

PS: no hyphen between the words Mexican-American, 19 year-old, and college-graduate.
Addedum 1: Used the word "transition" instead of the grammatically correct word "transitioning."
Addendum 2: There is a double space where there should be a single space.

Should I call the schools directly and ask if I can re-submit the corrected documents?

I was going to ask a similar question. You're not the only one slightly neurotic about apps. I'm sure your app is wonderful if you pay this much attention to detail.