Reuse PS for next cycle?

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
charcop

Reuse PS for next cycle?

Postby charcop » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:38 pm

So i've already had some acceptances to some good schools for this cycle but am considering holding off school for another year and applying to better schools next cycle if I can approve my LSAT score substantially. If I apply to different schools than the one i've already applied to for next cycle, can I still reuse my old PS?

Oh, and I've been told by others that it's a pretty darn good PS too :)

CardinalRules

Re: Reuse PS for next cycle?

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:52 am

charcop wrote:So i've already had some acceptances to some good schools for this cycle but am considering holding off school for another year and applying to better schools next cycle if I can approve my LSAT score substantially. If I apply to different schools than the one i've already applied to for next cycle, can I still reuse my old PS?

Oh, and I've been told by others that it's a pretty darn good PS too :)

If the schools are different, why not? Make sure that it's still accurate when you reach that point, though; it's possible that you will have had another experience in the meantime that would make an even better topic for a PS. If so, don't be afraid to write a new one.

door10

Postby door10 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:49 am

Why can't you reapply to same schools with same PS?

kinch

Postby kinch » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 am

That's what I did, although I did change it a bit (that's what happens when you go back to stuff you wrote months ago). I got accepted to some schools that dinged me before, so it certainly didn't have a negative effect.

lawman335

Postby lawman335 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:06 am

U can also reapply with the same PS why dont u try this.......

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”