GPA Addendum Questions

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
doriangray

GPA Addendum Questions

Postby doriangray » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:37 pm

Hi all,

On the first day of classes in my second year of undergrad I suffered a severe health setback. I had a tension pneumothorax (life threatening collapsed lung) and spent the next several months in and out of hospitals having multiple procedures done to repair my lung. The result was a number of Withdrawal grades for this year and the next. In addition, I had trouble transitioning back to full-time studies, put too much pressure on myself to take a full course load and my grades suffered. I failed my first year back, but my University allowed me to continue as they were aware of my health issues. My recent grades are good, and I scored well on my first LSAT (163).

Every adviser I have spoken with has recommended I include an addendum with my application, but would I also need to include the documentation of my health issues (hospital records, etc)? Also, how do I submit an addendum? Is it done via the LSDAS online service, or as a separate hard copy document directly to the law school?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

geostuck

Re: GPA Addendum Questions

Postby geostuck » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:11 pm

Submit it by attaching the files to your app. It's easy. If you have hard copies of the medical stuuf, you can scan and submit the same way. But I'd just add a line or two saying you'd provide them upon request. You have one of the better excuses I've read.

doriangray

Re: GPA Addendum Questions

Postby doriangray » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:47 pm

Thanks! I'll include a 'documentation available upon request' line to my addendum.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”