GPA Addendum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )

Should I write one

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 6

lawschoolwishes

GPA Addendum

Postby lawschoolwishes » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:12 pm

Hey guys,

Long time viewer, but first time poster. I am currenty a junior at my university and will have around a 3.72-3.74 LSDAS GPA(depending on what pluses I get this semester).

My questions is wether or not I should write a GPA addendum because of an incident that happend with a prof. in the fall/ winter of my freshman year. This incident forced me into documented therapy for a semester, and entailed a legal battle that lasted until that July. This lowered my GPA from a 4.0 at midterms of my first semester to a 3.6 and then my next semester I recieved a 2.x (can't remeber what the exact number was) because of the suffering and legal situation. However, I was ordered to sign a silence agreement and can not go into a lot of details about what happend.

So, I was wondering if I should write a GPA addendum even though I can't go into a lot of detail. Also I do not want them to think I am still suffering from the mental anguish because I am not I am fully recovered and seperated from what occured. If I did write an addendum I would include this in there.

Please Advise!

devilishangelrjp

Re: GPA Addendum

Postby devilishangelrjp » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:16 pm

lawschoolwishes wrote:Hey guys,

Long time viewer, but first time poster. I am currenty a junior at my university and will have around a 3.72-3.74 LSDAS GPA(depending on what pluses I get this semester).

My questions is wether or not I should write a GPA addendum because of an incident that happend with a prof. in the fall/ winter of my freshman year. This incident forced me into documented therapy for a semester, and entailed a legal battle that lasted until that July. This lowered my GPA from a 4.0 at midterms of my first semester to a 3.6 and then my next semester I recieved a 2.x (can't remeber what the exact number was) because of the suffering and legal situation. However, I was ordered to sign a silence agreement and can not go into a lot of details about what happend.

So, I was wondering if I should write a GPA addendum even though I can't go into a lot of detail. Also I do not want them to think I am still suffering from the mental anguish because I am not I am fully recovered and seperated from what occured. If I did write an addendum I would include this in there.

Please Advise!

You might mention it, but be careful about the silence agreement. Also, your GPA is pretty good for being a junior. You can bring it up.

Miracle

Re: GPA Addendum

Postby Miracle » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:13 pm

Its an interesting subject.

With your silence agreement being active, I really don't know what you can say if anything.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”