Diversity Essay

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Zara

Bronze

Diversity Essay

Postby Zara » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:46 pm

I am writing a diversity essay because a couple of my schools have it as an optional essay. I am not a URM but the questions ask for anything that will allow me to contribute to the diversity of the classroom, so I am talking about living and working abroad, coming from a poor background in the south and being a first generation college student, and my experiences with cancer (I lost 3 people to cancer in 7 months while in grad school). I am also thinking about breifly talking about my experience as a teenager when I was arrested (it is in my addendum but in a diversity essay I might be able to make it work for me rather than against me).

does this sound like a good idea? and if so, how long should it be. I am almost finished and I think it will be about 2.5-3 pages double spaced. is that too long?

gdane

Diamond

Re: Diversity Essay

Postby gdane » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:13 pm

Yea that sounds great. Even though you arent an URM you can still talk about tough socioeconomic conditions. The cancer thing is also a good topic. Just make sure it relates to how it would help you bring diversity to the school.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements�