Addendum Help/LSAT! PLEASE HELP

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
scuzle

Addendum Help/LSAT! PLEASE HELP

Postby scuzle » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:08 am

Hey guys,

I took the October LSAT and was upset with my score as I generally tested much higher. I think proceeded to take it again in December, however I experienced the unthinkable; a 6 point drop. At this point I know many schools take the higher score, but some require that I write an explanation (Im sure their expectations are for an inverted occurence). I was wondering how to write this and what evidence to support it. I was thinking a short explanation with an attached letter from my LSAT instructor (it was a course at my school.) Is this ok? Im really stressed about it and any help would be much appreciated. I was thinking something like this:

To Whom it may Concern:

On September 26th I took the LSAT and after receiving my score felt that after considering my practice scores it was not reflective of my ability. After consultation with my law school advisor I decided to retake the test on December 5th. The test environment was very unfriendly with one tiny desk and a loud furnace which would not stop making noise through the entirety of the test. I feel that these conditions were the primary reason for my fall in the score. I have attached a letter from my LSAT prep instructor who can confirm that the low score is not reflective of the the ability which I have shown and respectfully request that you utilize my first score when considering my candidacy for acceptance to your school.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

This sound good? Honestly, I dont know what to do I tested between 155-165 in practice and got a 154. I was positive I could do better, but somehow it got worse. I feel that it is the anxiety of this whole test determining my life that makes me underperform and have been diagnosed with anxiety, but is this an ok explanation? I never took the SAT and have a 3.8 cumulative GPA at the University of San Francisco, which is a pretty good school, but I do not know how to frame this convincingly. I would love some input!

Ragged

Re: Addendum Help/LSAT! PLEASE HELP

Postby Ragged » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:23 am

Don't talk about the "unfriendly" environment or the furnace, it sounds whiney. Just talk about the letter.

Tough luck man.

scuzle

Re: Addendum Help/LSAT! PLEASE HELP

Postby scuzle » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:34 am

Yah I know right. Hopefully all the other BS they want will carry me through strong resume and letters!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”