Submit to safties?

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )

What do do...

Its January already! Submit PS to all your schools. TONIGHT!
45%
Hold off on your reaches, but submit your PS to safties/target
45%
Dont do it. Wait for it to be perfect and then submit, even if that means another week.
9%

Total votes: 11

OneSixtySix

Submit to safties?

Postby OneSixtySix » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:31 pm

Its getting late in the cycle, and I still haven't submitted applications. I have a PS which I dont feel great about but believe would be neutral enough not to help/hurt my application package. I'm applying T15-30, with two reaches in the T14.

Should I submit tonight for schools where I'm at or above the 75th percentiles? Would a lackluster PS significantly affect scholarship money?

Additionally, I would love to hear some feedback on my PS or swap statements, shoot me a PM.

Thanks!

Shlonster

Re: Submit to safties?

Postby Shlonster » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:43 pm

OneSixtySix wrote:Its getting late in the cycle, and I still haven't submitted applications. I have a PS which I dont feel great about but believe would be neutral enough not to help/hurt my application package. I'm applying T15-30, with two reaches in the T14.

Should I submit tonight for schools where I'm at or above the 75th percentiles? Would a lackluster PS significantly affect scholarship money?

Additionally, I would love to hear some feedback on my PS or swap statements, shoot me a PM.

Thanks!

I am in the same situation. Want to see more votes.

holborn

Postby holborn » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:48 pm

you should have a 4th option. Work ridiculously hard on your PS for the next 48 hrs and then submit. You seriously need to get them in asap, but if you can improve it, even a little, in the next few days then its worth it to wait.

edit: 4th option. I can't count. good thing i'm going into law, not math.

OneSixtySix

Postby OneSixtySix » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:27 am

julesm2200 wrote:you should have a 4th option. Work ridiculously hard on your PS for the next 48 hrs and then submit. You seriously need to get them in asap, but if you can improve it, even a little, in the next few days then its worth it to wait.

edit: 4th option. I can't count. good thing i'm going into law, not math.

I have a few hours after work tomorrow, but feel that some applications must go out by then.

And yes its terrible I waited this long, but I am glad to say the reason was due to a much better LSAT score (and one more in line with my PTs) changing the landscape of schools I intend to apply to.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”