Advice plz - no PS reading required

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
stratocophic

Advice plz - no PS reading required

Postby stratocophic » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:09 pm

I've written a PS and a DS. DS is much more 'personal' and honestly flows better, but is more the winding story of overcoming blah blah blah to get to college than anything recent. PS is more 'mechanical' if you will, but also much more recent. The DS could be submitted as a PS as is and I'm considering that course of action, but I've heard more info is better (where allowed). Will a weaker PS and stronger DS hurt me vs. just submitting the stronger document? Thanks.

stratocophic

Re: Advice plz - no PS reading required

Postby stratocophic » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:29 pm

bump

chadwick218

Postby chadwick218 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:48 pm

So long as your personal statement doesn't have any glaring holes, I think that this is fine. Why not just submit a stronger personal statement along with your diversity statement though (even if there is slight repetition)?

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:58 pm

chadwick218 wrote:So long as your personal statement doesn't have any glaring holes, I think that this is fine. Why not just submit a stronger personal statement along with your diversity statement though (even if there is slight repetition)?

There's already a little bit of subject overlap, but not in a direct sense so it only muddles things a little bit at the very worst. The chronological and narrative differences between the two prevent them from being overly similar. I may see what I feel like I can salvage from the current PS and adapt it to include more specifics from the last year or so to make it less vague and more individualized, then submit the DS as well. Thanks for the advice.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”