William & Mary Class of 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
mbkessle

New

William & Mary Class of 2011

Post by mbkessle » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:47 pm

Hello friends! I didn't see a W&M forum on here so I decided I need to make one! I'm eager to hear what everyone thinks about the school.

I was admitted and am 80% sure I'm attending. I'm currently waitlisted at UVA and waiting to hear from Vanderbilt. Otherwise, I've opted for W&M over most other schools.

I'm also planning on living in the residential dorms first year. Any thoughts?

- Melissa

limegreen

Silver

Re: William & Mary Class of 2011

Post by limegreen » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:59 pm

I just got accepted to W&M, and I am currently an undergrad student there, so if you have any questions about the area feel free to ask!

mbkessle

New

Post by mbkessle » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:04 pm

Do you think you're going to go? Where else have you been accepted? I'm having a hard time choosing between W&M and Washington U St. Louis.

I thinking I'm leaning toward graduate housing, just so I can really be involved my first year. Your thoughts?

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:41 pm

I am going to make a deposit, I'm really excited about the acceptance. The only comparable school I got into was W&L and I definitely like WM significantly more. I had already registered for the June LSAT before they let me know I got in, so I'm retaking that and then I guess deciding if I might want to take a year off.

I think that WUSTL and W&M are both great schools but the environment and experiences are probably really different just because of the differences in STL and Wmbg. If you have any questions that you're wondering about the area or activities I'd be happy to answer them.

I don't know much about the graduate housing, except that I don't think there's that much of it. I live off campus as an undergrad (about 5 miles or 10 minutes) and have no problem being involved in campus activities when I want to be. There are a lot of affordable housing options in Williamsburg, a few really close to campus and most about 7-10 minutes away. If you find the other W&M thread I posted a link to a list of apartments if you decide that's the route you want to take. You pretty much have to drive to get anywhere, so living off campus isn't that much of an issue (for me anyway). I don't know if you've visited, but the law school itself is kind of secluded as far as being near anything. It's a decent walk from the undergrad campus and Colonial Williamsburg, and definitely driving distance to about anywhere else.

RegnatLawpulus

New

Post by RegnatLawpulus » Thu May 08, 2008 12:08 pm

Anyone else headed to Williamsburg next year?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lizziemay

New

Post by lizziemay » Sat May 10, 2008 2:07 pm

Yep! My fiancee and I are headed there in the beginning of August. Already got our apartment and we are very excited (except for the whole driving from California to Virginia with three pets thing).

est1980

New

Post by est1980 » Sun May 11, 2008 11:35 pm

mailing my deposit out tomorrow!!! what kind of pets lizziemay? i want to get a dog, but this seems like a bad time to get a new pet...

lizziemay

New

Post by lizziemay » Mon May 12, 2008 12:08 pm

I have two cats and a dog. I have had all of them for about a year or so. We actually found a place that allows pets, so it's not really much of a problem (besides the driving part, as I mentioned). What kind of dog do you want to get?!

est1980

New

Post by est1980 » Mon May 12, 2008 1:56 pm

something ridiculous, like a french bulldog
Last edited by est1980 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Mon May 12, 2008 2:02 pm

lizziemay wrote:I have two cats and a dog. I have had all of them for about a year or so. We actually found a place that allows pets, so it's not really much of a problem (besides the driving part, as I mentioned). What kind of dog do you want to get?!

Where are you going to be living (you don't have to answer if you think that's too private). I live in WMBG currently but I'm pretty unhappy with the apartment complex I'm currently living in.

lizziemay

New

Post by lizziemay » Mon May 12, 2008 3:26 pm

1980-Those dogs are really cute and unique. I adopted a Lhasa Apso/Dachsund Mix. She basically looks like that white dog from the Land Before Time, but really long and not so f-ing creepy.

Limegreen-I just PM-ed you.

brjames87

New

Post by brjames87 » Mon May 19, 2008 5:24 pm

I think I will be going to W+M, so hopefully I will see some of you there.

I'm thinking about bringing my dog with me, but he's a big dog, does anyone have any idea how difficult, or expensive it would be to find a house I could rent that would have a decent sized fenced yard that he could stay in during the day????

brjames87

New

Post by brjames87 » Wed May 28, 2008 1:29 am

Is anyone going to william and mary??? it seems like no one on this forum, or on facebook is going to william and mary.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

crazy

New

Post by crazy » Wed May 28, 2008 7:23 am

Unless I get off a waitlist, I will be there! Anyone living off campus?

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Wed May 28, 2008 11:17 am

crazy wrote:Unless I get off a waitlist, I will be there! Anyone living off campus?
I think most people live off campus, if I go, I will be.

cookiemonster

New

Post by cookiemonster » Fri May 30, 2008 1:23 pm

i'll be at w&m this fall, unless some reach WLs come through. has anyone used the roommate search on the admitted students website? i'm starting to get nervous about finding a decent place close to the school, time is really flying and i'll be out of the country in July...

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Fri May 30, 2008 1:44 pm

cookiemonster wrote:i'll be at w&m this fall, unless some reach WLs come through. has anyone used the roommate search on the admitted students website? i'm starting to get nervous about finding a decent place close to the school, time is really flying and i'll be out of the country in July...
I live in WM (went to WM for undergrad) and it really depends how close you are trying to find something and what you need. There are tons of apartments in Williamsburg, but I'd say that most of them are about 4 or 5 miles from school. There isn't much within walking distance (though there are a few places) if that's what you are looking for. If you PM me I would be glad to help you with any questions.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

brjames87

New

Post by brjames87 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:41 am

Last edited by brjames87 on Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MainBrad

New

Post by MainBrad » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:26 am

Well it looks like I will be joining you guys this fall. My WLs are not showing any signs of life. I hate saying it like that, it makes me sound like I am dissapointed to be going to W&M, when nothing could be further from the truth. This was the first school I looked at last June when I took my LSAT. I think I will be staying at the Gradplex, at least for 1L, one less thing to have to worry about.
Also, thank you LimeGreen for the insight you've provided on these boards about W&M and life in Williamsburg, you've certainly allayed some of my fears. :)

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:31 pm

Glad to help. If anyone who's planning on coming has any concerns or questions feel free to contact me!

toad85

New

Post by toad85 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:26 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm currently a W&M law student and last year I found this website very helpful. If you have any questions feel free to shoot them to me and I'll do my best to get back to you quickly.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

cookiemonster

New

Post by cookiemonster » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:31 am

there's a waitlist for on-campus housing, so it looks like i'll be heading up to VA to look for apartments. i'd like a law school roomie, but the housing bulletin isn't looking too promising. i was thinking about making a facebook group for W&M law, that might be a way to connect w/ some other future classmates. any ideas from you guys?

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:41 am

cookiemonster wrote:there's a waitlist for on-campus housing, so it looks like i'll be heading up to VA to look for apartments. i'd like a law school roomie, but the housing bulletin isn't looking too promising. i was thinking about making a facebook group for W&M law, that might be a way to connect w/ some other future classmates. any ideas from you guys?
There already is one, it's something like WM Law Class of 2011, search for it.

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:31 am

Hey All,

I just wanted to tell everybody again if you have any questions about the area feel free to PM me. I know it's getting closer to the time that we are all probably looking for places to live in Williamsburg(myself included) so if I can be of any assistance let me know! I've looked at several of the apartment/townhome complexes and have seen many of the others so I can at least give you a general heads up or info on where it is, what it's near, etc.

I also just wanted to bump this thread to see if we can get some more people in here!

brjames87

New

Post by brjames87 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:44 pm

limegreen, is williamsburg a fairly biker friendly town, do they have bike lanes etc.?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”