Pepperdine School of Law, Class of 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
lawgirl24

New

Pepperdine School of Law, Class of 2011

Post by lawgirl24 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:17 pm

I'm withdrawing from all other schools and have decided on Pepperdine. I visited the campus last week and everything was amazing. I'm excited! Who else is with me???

bougeilicious

New

Re: Pepperdine School of Law, Class of 2011

Post by bougeilicious » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:57 pm

I will be at Pepperdine as well! I'm super excited. Everything at the campus just felt right. Now starts the looking for housing part ... fun ... haha. Where are you coming from lawgirl?

lawgirl24

New

Post by lawgirl24 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:28 pm

I'm already in the SoCal area, so I think I'll just commute. I was really impressed during my visit. I heard that Santa Monica and Calabasas are good places to live near campus. The student housing is nice as well except they are a bit strict (no alcohol and no one of the opposite sex can spend the night in your apartment). Where are you from?

bougeilicious

New

Post by bougeilicious » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:55 pm

I'm in the Orange County area but that is too far for me to commute. I'm not a big fan of on campus housing as I'll be living with my fiance (thought about eloping for the married student housing... but not a big fan). I will probably end up in the Calabasas area, but I'm trying to find some sort of guest house in Malibu because I would like to drive as little as possible.

utilitarianjac

Bronze

Post by utilitarianjac » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:40 am

I'll be at Pepperdine in the fall as well and will be living in married housing. Obviously, I don't have to worry about them being strict. I don't drink and I'll be married! :D

And bougeilicious, if you don't already have a married apartment, you probably won't get one. They fill up very quickly.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bougeilicious

New

Post by bougeilicious » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:39 pm

Yea, I figured ... we are going to try to find a place in calabasas or santa monica.

bougeilicious

New

Post by bougeilicious » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:07 pm

I got a super cool sticker for my car from pepperdine yesterday. So exciting!!! Free sticker 8)

lawgirl24

New

Post by lawgirl24 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:11 pm

I paid my deposit on April 22, the last day for me. I'm waiting on mine. When did you send your deposit in? I wonder when we officially register and get our class schedules...

nkp

New

Post by nkp » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:23 pm

I got my sticker yesterday!!! :D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bougeilicious

New

Post by bougeilicious » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:37 pm

I sent mine in on April 15 (last day for me). I'm looking forward to seeing the schedule. Hopefully not too many 8am classes. Im going to get my transcripts to them this week to get it out of the way.

Cahillion

New

Post by Cahillion » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:58 pm

I think I'm in. I took a tour yesterday with some other very nice gents, and I'm sold.

Wonder why they haven't sent me that sticker though... I sent in my seat deposit on 4/12. Do you have to put in the whole 500?

bougeilicious

New

Post by bougeilicious » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:32 pm

I only sent in the $250 and got the sticker

sd4shizy

New

Post by sd4shizy » Sun May 11, 2008 7:21 am

Class of 2011 Pepperdine here. I am excited to be there but not so much to be here writing on this thread. How come it is so lame relative to Loyola's class of 2011. Their thread is thorough, informative, and hip. However, it seems as though we can't get off of the sticker-infatuation.

No offense to anyone--just my opinion.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lawgirl24

New

Post by lawgirl24 » Tue May 13, 2008 2:00 am

Yeah, I understand sd4shizy. Maybe there aren't that many Pepperdine people in this forum. I haven't been on lately because I graduate at the end of the week and still have 3 finals to take! Anyways, I got an email saying there's a barbeque for incoming students on June 28. Thinking about going. Is anyone else attending? I also understand orientation is August 20, and that's when we're supposed to check the board (posted next to the stairs) for reading assignments...isn't that a little late (5 days before class starts) to have our reading assignments? They need to do some sort of online thing for that. I don't even think we get our book lists online (do we? I asked the tour guide and he said we just go to the bookstore, find our class and get our books.). It would be nice to know ahead of time exactly how much I need to spend. I guess I'm just accustomed to my undergrad where everything is online...or maybe Pepperdine is a little behind.

nkp

New

Post by nkp » Tue May 13, 2008 3:15 am

I will for sure be at the bbq. Where is everyone living????

sd4shizy

New

Post by sd4shizy » Tue May 13, 2008 3:59 am

I am excited for the bbq people! Of course I'm gonna' be there. I hope to see many of you as well.

Socallawmak

New

Post by Socallawmak » Mon May 19, 2008 3:29 pm

bougeilicious where are you from in OC? That's where I am right now, born and raised, I currently commute to Santa Monica for work, but I am also looking for housing in Calabasas and Malibu areas, I have been using Westside rentals to look, but without much luck for finding a 1 bed for under $1500 a month, any luck with your search? The main place I keep seeing is Archstone right through the canyon.

Well congrats to all who have gotten into to Pepp and all who are attending, I will definitely be at the BBQ and am looking forward to getting this first year knocked out and over with!!

If anybody is interested, I just picked up the book Law School Confidential, it is a pretty interesting read and would recommend it to ya'll.

Oh yeah, if anybody has housing tips or finds a reasonably priced place close by, please post!!! THANK YOU!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bougeilicious

New

Post by bougeilicious » Mon May 19, 2008 4:08 pm

I was born and raised in OC as well. I live in Tustin right now and am looking forward to moving! I will be living with my fiance and we found a separate suite rental thing (hard to explain) in a home in Malibu - Pointe Dume area (6 miles from campus). It is more then we wanted to spend ($1800 including all utilities internet/cable) but with loans and his job I think it will be okay. I found it on the Pepperdine Off Campus housing search website (Placesforstudents.com i think). We were seriously considering Archstone, but the one bedrooms are so small and I really dont want to be locked into a 12month lease in case I can get (crosses fingers) an internship with a judge somewhere next summer. I also heard conflicting views on driving through the canyon to school. An alumni said don't do it and a current student said he has not had any problems so I picked PCH.

From my housing search I basically found guest houses/studios in Malibu on PlacesForStudents, then two apartments in Calabasas, Archstone and Malibu Canyon Apartments (Malibu canyon is a little further up the canyon than Archstone though). Let me know if you have any questions. Our place is locked in and we are moving July 15, so I will be having a month vacation in Malibu before I crawl into my study hole. :) Good luck!

I also plan on attending the BBQ!

EricC/O'11

New

Post by EricC/O'11 » Mon May 19, 2008 4:13 pm

Wish I could've been with you guys...but the Pepperdine wait list gauntlet just isn't my deal...I can't wait till late June to decide. Enjoy Malibu!

Socallawmak

New

Post by Socallawmak » Mon May 19, 2008 5:56 pm

Why not?! Come on late June isn't so bad! Classes don't start until Aug 25! I understand though, if you don't mind my asking where did you decide?

And on a side note, if your numbers are competitive and you really have an interest then I would totally ride this thing out! (again opinion of mine and I am NOT trying to force it down your throat, just don't want to see you throw it away for a couple of months)

Well...good luck in whatever route you take!

Kati

New

Post by Kati » Wed May 21, 2008 3:10 pm

Hi, everyone! I'll most likely be starting at Pepperdine law this fall. I'll be coming down from Seattle, WA. Since I don't have a car yet and haven't driven in years, I will probably be living on campus for the first year at least. Does anyone know when the deadline is for applying for campus housing? I need to look that up.

I am not yet sure about coming to the barbecue on June 28. Since I live in Seattle, WA right now, it is rather far away for me. At the same time, I haven't done a campus visit yet, and it has been my plan to fly down for that some time in June. But end of June is not very convenient for me to do that - I may be coming down earlier. We'll see...

Anyways, I would definitely love to meet everyone. :D I noticed that on Facebook there's no group yet for Pepperdine Law Class of 2011.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nkp

New

Post by nkp » Wed May 21, 2008 5:26 pm

I was wondering if there was one, I would make it right now, but it is blocked at work:(

Kati

New

Post by Kati » Wed May 21, 2008 6:23 pm

Okay, so I decided to go ahead and create a Facebook group of Pepperdine Law School Class of 2011. I'm the only one in there right now, so I hope others of you here will join in, when you get the chance. Also, if you have ideas on how to make improvements to that group, let me know, and I'll make you administrator, so you can make changes. Here's what the group is:

Pepperdine School of Law - Class of 2011
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=18868034898
Last edited by Kati on Thu May 22, 2008 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jbjohnst

New

Post by jbjohnst » Thu May 22, 2008 4:09 pm

Hey Guys! I just joined this group and I am starting at Pepperdine in the fall. I just graduated from ASU and am so excited to move to Malibu! (As of now, I'm living in the dorms...) I clicked on the link for the facebook group, but all that came up was your profile, Kati...I'm not sure what was going on. If you want, I can help you start the group?

Kati

New

Post by Kati » Thu May 22, 2008 7:47 pm

jbjohnst wrote:Hey Guys! I just joined this group and I am starting at Pepperdine in the fall. I just graduated from ASU and am so excited to move to Malibu! (As of now, I'm living in the dorms...) I clicked on the link for the facebook group, but all that came up was your profile, Kati...I'm not sure what was going on. If you want, I can help you start the group?
Try this link:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=18868034898

Also, be sure to log into Facebook website first, and then copy and paste the link into the web browser.

I can make you another admin of the group, once you join. Just let me know.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”