Northwestern '11 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
idrinkcoffee

New

Re: Northwestern '11

Post by idrinkcoffee » Thu May 01, 2008 3:10 pm

Hey all, I'm joining the thread. GO NU!

Merrill

Bronze

Post by Merrill » Thu May 01, 2008 4:03 pm

Hiya idrinkcoffee!

mumbling2myself

Bronze

Post by mumbling2myself » Thu May 01, 2008 4:09 pm

Welcome, coffee drinker!

onewell

New

Post by onewell » Fri May 02, 2008 5:16 pm

Hey all, greetings from Kingston Jamaica. Looking forward to a wonderful experience at NU Law. See you all in August!

Merrill

Bronze

Post by Merrill » Fri May 02, 2008 5:29 pm

onewell wrote:Hey all, greetings from Kingston Jamaica. Looking forward to a wonderful experience at NU Law. See you all in August!
Hi onewell!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nonunique

New

Post by nonunique » Fri May 02, 2008 11:35 pm

Next year's class is looking pretty hot.

mumbling2myself

Bronze

Post by mumbling2myself » Fri May 02, 2008 11:35 pm

nonunique wrote:Next year's class is looking pretty hot.
He says "hot" all the time, like Paris Hilton (a tall, fuzzy, be-jorted Paris Hilton). He's not harassing you all, I promise.

nonunique

New

Post by nonunique » Fri May 02, 2008 11:38 pm

No, I'm looking to score and harass...but also, I have to pass character and fitness...so I use ambiguous language.

But, in reality, m2m is right.

idrinkcoffee

New

Post by idrinkcoffee » Mon May 05, 2008 1:08 pm

typodragon wrote:you all better be awesome
I'm pretty awesome. At least, my mom thinks so. :mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Merrill

Bronze

Post by Merrill » Mon May 05, 2008 7:04 pm

idrinkcoffee wrote:
typodragon wrote:you all better be awesome
I'm pretty awesome. At least, my mom thinks so. :mrgreen:
It's the coffee. Everyone knows that coffee gives you superpowers.

myusername

New

Post by myusername » Mon May 12, 2008 7:32 pm

Okay, I've officially decided on NU and now have what is probably the first of many dumb questions. I paid my tuition deposit online and faxed in that other form. I haven't heard anything from them besides an automatic e-mail confirmation of my payment. Should I have gotten some other type of response from them?

brillig

New

Post by brillig » Mon May 12, 2008 8:15 pm

myusername wrote:Okay, I've officially decided on NU and now have what is probably the first of many dumb questions. I paid my tuition deposit online and faxed in that other form. I haven't heard anything from them besides an automatic e-mail confirmation of my payment. Should I have gotten some other type of response from them?
Congrats on the decision. I got a paper receipt in the mail today, about 2 weeks after I deposited. I feel like they should be bombarding us with communications, but I guess they're still busy trying to fill up the class with all those deferrals.

I thought I saw somewhere that we were supposed to send an official transcript by some date, but I can't find it now, so maybe that was another school. Can't shake the feeling that I'm supposed to be doing something important though...

jgarr

New

Post by jgarr » Mon May 12, 2008 8:36 pm

Hey, I paid my $$ too... let's liven' up this thread a little bit. Who's goin' for sure, and where u from/where did you go to UG? I'm grew up in MI, went to UMich UG, and have lived in Metro DC (arlington) for the past two years.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Merrill

Bronze

Post by Merrill » Tue May 13, 2008 4:08 pm

Hey jgarr and myusername--welcome to the "NU is awesome" thread! And congrats on deciding! I've just redecided on NU--I had a short flirtation with the U of C, but I think it's over. I'm originally from Southern CA, jgarr, but I've been in Chicago now for about 10 years.

myusername

New

Post by myusername » Tue May 13, 2008 5:58 pm

Okay, as soon as I finished posting my question, I of course came home to a letter of confirmation from Northwestern. And thanks for the reminder re: the transcripts, brillig. I guess I should do that now.

As for questions: I'm from San Diego, went to undergrad at Beloit College in Wisconsin, and now am getting my master's at UCLA.

Merrill

Bronze

Post by Merrill » Tue May 13, 2008 7:10 pm

I never got anything saying I needed to send transcripts... Where did you hear this, brillig and myusername?

brillig

New

Post by brillig » Tue May 13, 2008 9:03 pm

I didn't hear it. I said that I thought I read it somewhere but didn't know where. Didn't mean to cry wolf. I'm sure they'll let us know when we have to do something, either on the Admitted Students Site--heh, ASS--or by email.

And I'm from all over, went to Northwestern UG, and have been working for a few years.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jgarr

New

Post by jgarr » Tue May 13, 2008 10:19 pm

Yeah I read it somewhere. My UG sends them for free, so I just sent one out.

Merrill

Bronze

Post by Merrill » Tue May 13, 2008 11:36 pm

jgarr wrote:Yeah I read it somewhere. My UG sends them for free, so I just sent one out.
Argh, I didn't have grades, so my transcript is about 20 pages of narrative evaluations and costs a small fortune to send. My fault for choosing the hippie school!

ArcusProtus

New

Post by ArcusProtus » Wed May 14, 2008 12:34 am

Hi everyone! I will be joining you all in the Fall, and I am THRILLED about it.

I'm from Chicago, born and raised in the city, graduated from NU ugrad, and now work in the loop. I know: it sounds like i've never left Chi, but I actually love to travel -- I've been to 6 continents, lived in CT for 3 years, traveled overseas for 8 months, etc -- I just always want to return home in the end. Those of you who have never lived here will know what I mean before long.

Anyway, I can't wait to meet everyone in person. In the meantime, I'll be joining you on this thread...

Merrill

Bronze

Post by Merrill » Wed May 14, 2008 12:33 pm

Welcome ArcusProtus! Are you living in Chicago now?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jgarr

New

Post by jgarr » Wed May 14, 2008 12:37 pm

ArcusProtus wrote:Hi everyone! I will be joining you all in the Fall, and I am THRILLED about it.

I'm from Chicago, born and raised in the city, graduated from NU ugrad, and now work in the loop. I know: it sounds like i've never left Chi, but I actually love to travel -- I've been to 6 continents, lived in CT for 3 years, traveled overseas for 8 months, etc -- I just always want to return home in the end. Those of you who have never lived here will know what I mean before long.

Anyway, I can't wait to meet everyone in person. In the meantime, I'll be joining you on this thread...

Since you obviously know the area really well -- where are you planning on living? Why? I'm pretty much set on the Streeterville area, but I haven't been to look at places yet, and am always looking for additional insights.

idrinkcoffee

New

Post by idrinkcoffee » Wed May 14, 2008 4:54 pm

jgarr wrote:Hey, I paid my $$ too... let's liven' up this thread a little bit. Who's goin' for sure, and where u from/where did you go to UG? I'm grew up in MI, went to UMich UG, and have lived in Metro DC (arlington) for the past two years.
I'm from Seattle, went to the University of Washington, and currently live in Seattle. Needless to say, I need a change and am excited to move to Chicago. :)

I still haven't received any confirmation of my intent to enroll (other than an automatic e-mail regarding my tuition deposit). :|

jgarr

New

Post by jgarr » Wed May 14, 2008 6:42 pm

idrinkcoffee wrote:
jgarr wrote:Hey, I paid my $$ too... let's liven' up this thread a little bit. Who's goin' for sure, and where u from/where did you go to UG? I'm grew up in MI, went to UMich UG, and have lived in Metro DC (arlington) for the past two years.
I'm from Seattle, went to the University of Washington, and currently live in Seattle. Needless to say, I need a change and am excited to move to Chicago. :)

I still haven't received any confirmation of my intent to enroll (other than an automatic e-mail regarding my tuition deposit). :|

Me either. They never mentioned anything about sending something out. I'm not sweatin' it...

Merrill

Bronze

Post by Merrill » Wed May 14, 2008 9:50 pm

Ah, I found the thing about the transcripts. I didn't see a date, though, so I assume we just need to send them in sometime before the end of summer.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”