UCLA Law Class of 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
Leonidas

New

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2011

Post by Leonidas » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:39 am

Phoenix Wright wrote:Woohoo! It's inexplicable, but for some reason I was hoping you'd choose UCLA. I look forward to meeting you this summer! :mrgreen:
snlink wrote:Congrats leonidas on making your decision to join us this fall :D
Thanks snlink and Phoenix Wright...I look forward to meeting you both and spending the next three years with you two in the library...haha..at least it is pretty nice. :mrgreen:

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:26 am

I haven't been accepted, waitlisted, or rejected, but I like to stay positive so I have a question.

Does the housing provided by the school allow pets (aka beautiful orange tabby kittens)??

Juliet

New

Post by Juliet » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:03 am

I haven't been accepted, waitlisted, or rejected, but I like to stay positive so I have a question.
It would be worth while to keep in contact with UCLA. I didn't hear from UCLA last year for a long time because they had lost my acceptance letter and forgotten to send it out. I may have never heard from them if I had not kept calling.

Phoenix Wright

New

Post by Phoenix Wright » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:39 am

tamtam wrote:i'm joining you guys too!!! I'm a short Asian Girl.. Look for me. lol
Congrats to you too tamtam! Sounds like you'll be easy to find. :wink:
lishi wrote:Does the housing provided by the school allow pets (aka beautiful orange tabby kittens)??
Sorry lishi, doesn't look good. :( This is directly from the UCLA Housing website, in the FAQ section:

Question: Are pets allowed in on-campus housing?
Answer: The pet policy is in the student handbook and reads as follows:

B. FACILITIES REGULATIONS
B.11 Pets

Students may not bring or maintain pets or animals of any kind in residence halls/suites except fish in small tanks not to exceed ten gallons. Roommates/Suitemates must agree to have a fish tank. There cannot be more than one fish tank per bedroom and tanks may not be kept in bathrooms.

Service Animals are accommodated.

For additional information, please see the student handbook at the following web site: http://www.orl.ucla.edu/rules/regulations

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:59 am

I think it's so weird that no university housing allows pets. Pets make people happy. Happy people do better in law school.

Also CONGRATS to everyone who has gotten in and made their decision!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

silveri

New

Post by silveri » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:23 pm

I was quite impressed with the folks (students and administration alike) on the conference call last night.

Not ready to commit yet, but I'm liking UCLA a lot right now.

ari20dal7

Bronze

Post by ari20dal7 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:48 pm

I committed last week and will be depositing when I get home. Glad to see some other TLSers headed out to UCLA. Lishi, that stinks about your cat: I was actually thinking of acquiring a pet until I saw that.

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:25 pm

ari20dal7 wrote: Lishi, that stinks about your cat: I was actually thinking of acquiring a pet until I saw that.
Thanks, but I think I'll be ok living off campus if accepted lol

tamtam

New

Post by tamtam » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:38 pm

Do you guys think we'll be able to find each other in school? To phrase it better, how do you guys think we can find each other.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

redux

New

Post by redux » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:00 pm

put down my deposit! looking forward to meeting all of you in the fall!

also, congrats to leo for choosing ucla. i know you were on the fence for a while man, but you made the right choice haha. see you in a few months!

ari20dal7

Bronze

Post by ari20dal7 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:02 pm

Do you guys think we'll be able to find each other in school? To phrase it better, how do you guys think we can find each other.
I would just send PMs around. I'll be the unattractive guy hitting on undergrads and singing "Oklahoma!" on a daily basis.

tamtam

New

Post by tamtam » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:44 pm

Deposit is due on the 1st of May. I still haven't received my packaet nor financial information yet, so, what should I do people?

Leonidas

New

Post by Leonidas » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:57 pm

tamtam wrote:Deposit is due on the 1st of May. I still haven't received my packaet nor financial information yet, so, what should I do people?
Call Dean Schwartz. He'll help you out.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tamtam

New

Post by tamtam » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:13 pm

Leonidas wrote:
tamtam wrote:Deposit is due on the 1st of May. I still haven't received my packaet nor financial information yet, so, what should I do people?
Call Dean Schwartz. He'll help you out.
I will call him Monday if I still don't receive the package. The guy who called me gave me a number: 2069779, is that Dean Schwartz's number?

snlink

New

Post by snlink » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:17 pm

Did you guys get that e-mail about the summer program? Anyone going? It sounds interesting but I don't think I want to start working before I actually have to haha.

tamtam

New

Post by tamtam » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:56 pm

snlink wrote:Did you guys get that e-mail about the summer program? Anyone going? It sounds interesting but I don't think I want to start working before I actually have to haha.

I will apply for it, but then it said they only take 40 students.
I still haven't gotten my "real" letter nor financial aid info. Not sure if I can get housing.

Leonidas

New

Post by Leonidas » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:18 pm

snlink wrote:Did you guys get that e-mail about the summer program? Anyone going? It sounds interesting but I don't think I want to start working before I actually have to haha.
I keep getting mixed answers to this question...but I think I might have to side with the whole: This is your last summer of freedom - MAKE IT GOOD!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tamtam

New

Post by tamtam » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:07 pm

I just received my financial aid estimate today, it didn't award me any need base grant. I'm very shocked, I had need-base award from all public schools that accepted me, and scholarship from higher rank private school. I called the office, the woman said that, they haven't calculate my need-access yet, I may be able to have an update.. Does anyone know what is going on? I'm freaked out now.

yikes!

New

Post by yikes! » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:15 pm

JULIET....I haven't been accepted/rejected/waitlisted yet. UCLA is my dream school and it is a bit of a reach...a waitlist would be a miracle. But do you think that sending a letter of continued interest without having heard from them is a good/bad idea? I would do ANYTHING and drop EVERYTHING to go to school there if I had the chance....

THANKS!

ari20dal7

Bronze

Post by ari20dal7 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:52 pm

The UCLA summer program is only a ten day deal - it's not a whole summer thing. I wouldn't worry about that.

silveri

New

Post by silveri » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:14 pm

10 days = the amount of vacation you will likely get your first full year in the working world.

To me this is a very big deal. See y'all the first day of required classes. I'll be in Tahoe, biking and climbing and laying on the beach until then.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ari20dal7

Bronze

Post by ari20dal7 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:29 pm

10 days = the amount of vacation you will likely get your first full year in the working world.

To me this is a very big deal. See y'all the first day of required classes. I'll be in Tahoe, biking and climbing and laying on the beach until then.
No way to lose with that option open to you. I just wanted to make sure folks knew that it wasn't a six week program or something like that.

Leonidas

New

Post by Leonidas » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:21 am

silveri wrote:10 days = the amount of vacation you will likely get your first full year in the working world.

I'll be roadtripping across the U.S., filming an H.D. tv show.

bruinbear

New

Post by bruinbear » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:10 am

yikes! wrote:JULIET....I haven't been accepted/rejected/waitlisted yet. UCLA is my dream school and it is a bit of a reach...a waitlist would be a miracle. But do you think that sending a letter of continued interest without having heard from them is a good/bad idea? I would do ANYTHING and drop EVERYTHING to go to school there if I had the chance....

THANKS!

definitely send LOCI! i sent in two, one like two days before finding out about my waitlist and a different one along with my waitlist reply form. got accepted a week and a half after being notified of being on the waitlist.

gello5765

New

Post by gello5765 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:13 am

Is this really true? I thought that they said they wouldn't be taking anyone off the wait-list or re-reviewing wait-list applications until mid-late May?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”