Notre Dame Class of 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
adkhu55

New

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2011

Post by adkhu55 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:25 pm

Given the fact that after law school you will probably have to be at work 8am (or earlier) every day, 3 8 o'clocks a week or even 4 is definitely nothing to complain about!

And, don't forget, that tailgating on football saturdays should probably start between 8 and 9 too :)

edgarderby

Bronze

Post by edgarderby » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:00 am

Last edited by edgarderby on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rock_balboa

New

Post by rock_balboa » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:31 am

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here had taken the December LSAT and got into NDLS? Do you think this would put me at a disadvantage? If so, how big?

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:40 pm

So now that you've had a semester under your belts, what do you think?

longhornem

New

Post by longhornem » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:29 pm

angiej wrote:So now that you've had a semester under your belts, what do you think?
Love love love it! I love the small class size and how nice everyone is. I like the fact that sports is such a big part of ND's culture, because it gives everyone an excuse to get away from studying for a while on Saturdays and have some fun together (there are usually law student tailgates, and all the law students sit in the same general area at the football games). It really contributes to the community aspect (but plenty of people don't go, if football isn't their thing they aren't left out or anything).

And we're starting classes in the new building on Monday, which is very exciting, since the old one somewhat resembled a labyrinth/dungeon. Image

I think ND's campus is absolutely gorgeous (my UG was an urban campus so it's even more impressive to me), and the law building is right in the heart of campus instead of at a satellite location like some schools, so it's easy to feel connected to the proverbial "ND family" and not feel like life only consists of the law school. South Bend is nothing spectacular, but it does have some things to do if you know where to look (for example, $.75 drink night at this dueling piano bar and bar trivia competition nights are both popular activities in our class), and the cost of living is pretty low. Chicago is only 90 miles away if you want to do something out of the ordinary (several of our classmates went to see Obama on election night, for example, and to see Justice Scalia at the Chicago Federalist Society. Both were on school nights, and it was doable). The train is about 2 hours and $10, so it's not a bad way to travel. I'm glad to answer any specific questions if you have them!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:50 pm

I live in south bend, so im familiar with the area, thats so exciting that youve moved into the new law building already! try to survive all this snow.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”