Notre Dame Class of 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
LTF

New

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2011

Post by LTF » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:57 pm

longhornem wrote:
LTF wrote:Aaron, Emily, Eric, Marc(?), and others I may have missed.. any of ya'll down for a ND summer gathering? There could possibly be one in Houston.. might be a fun time to meet some 2Ls and each other.
I might be up for it depending on when it is (do you know, btw?), especially if several of y'all are going, too.
The guy is checking into Astros tickets.. or if a good day isn't available, might just make it at a bar. But I think he might be the only 2L haha.. so that's why I was like uhhh let me see if the people I "know" would make the trip over.

longhornem

New

Post by longhornem » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:24 pm

edgarderby wrote:
longhornem wrote:
LTF wrote:Aaron, Emily, Eric, Marc(?), and others I may have missed.. any of ya'll down for a ND summer gathering? There could possibly be one in Houston.. might be a fun time to meet some 2Ls and each other.
I might be up for it depending on when it is (do you know, btw?), especially if several of y'all are going, too.
"several of y'all"

I like how you have to "out Texas" everyone :wink:
:lol: :lol: I may not have much of an accent, but I say "y'all" like it's going out of style. Get used to it. :wink:
LTF wrote:
The guy is checking into Astros tickets.. or if a good day isn't available, might just make it at a bar. But I think he might be the only 2L haha.. so that's why I was like uhhh let me see if the people I "know" would make the trip over.

Yeah, that sounds like fun. I could make the drive for that, depending on what day.

edgarderby

Bronze

Post by edgarderby » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:50 pm

longhornem wrote:
edgarderby wrote:
longhornem wrote: I might be up for it depending on when it is (do you know, btw?), especially if several of y'all are going, too.
"several of y'all"

:lol: :lol: I may not have much of an accent, but I say "y'all" like it's going out of style. Get used to it. :wink:
Being in the most "southern" part of Ohio, I'm definitely used to hearing "y'all"...but not seeing it actually written out :]

longhornem

New

Post by longhornem » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:56 am

edgarderby wrote:
longhornem wrote:
edgarderby wrote:
longhornem wrote: I might be up for it depending on when it is (do you know, btw?), especially if several of y'all are going, too.
"several of y'all"

Being in the most "southern" part of Ohio, I'm definitely used to hearing "y'all"...but not seeing it actually written out :]
What? Well, if you use it all the time in speaking but then you write "you", it just looks weird! :lol: I've even seen it in memos at work on occasion.

edgarderby

Bronze

Post by edgarderby » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:43 pm

I'm moving in the 15th now...for anyone that cares :]

Also, me and em need a list of everyone that owns a WII...it is for academic purposes, of course.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jaliebs

New

Post by jaliebs » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:31 pm

edgarderby wrote:I'm moving in the 15th now...for anyone that cares :]

Also, me and em need a list of everyone that owns a WII...it is for academic purposes, of course.
I may or may not have a Wii depending on how bad the person asking is at GHIII. Because I suck. Horribly. That stupid guitar is lucky it hasn't been launched in a drunken rampage after being booed off the stage once more.

I'm going to get NCAA 09, that should occupy me until real football starts.

gengar

New

Post by gengar » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:53 pm

I'm going to pretend I only have the PS3 (a.k.a. the loner's system of choice) to avoid my place being taken over by crazed fanatics for "academic purposes".

longhornem

New

Post by longhornem » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:58 pm

Giving up on me already? :wink:
gengar wrote:

I'm going to pretend I only have the PS3 (a.k.a. the loner's system of choice) to avoid my place being taken over by crazed fanatics for "academic purposes".
Hey! Who are you calling crazed fanatics?!? :wink:

edgarderby

Bronze

Post by edgarderby » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:37 am

longhornem wrote:

Giving up on me already? :wink:
THEN BUY ONE!!!!!

You only have, what, 23 days or so? You need to start scouting out those good ebay deals.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gengar

New

Post by gengar » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:26 am

longhornem wrote:Hey! Who are you calling crazed fanatics?!? :wink:
YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!! :P

mace03

New

Post by mace03 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:10 pm

Hey, sorry I missed this post last week. My schedule is pretty tight with moving in a week or so, not to mention being stuck out here in Lubbock for the summer. Meeting in H-town is probably out of the question, but I see no reason why we can't have a good ol' fashion Texan gathering once we get to ND. :)

Marc

LTF

New

Post by LTF » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:13 pm

mace03 wrote:
Hey, sorry I missed this post last week. My schedule is pretty tight with moving in a week or so, not to mention being stuck out here in Lubbock for the summer. Meeting in H-town is probably out of the question, but I see no reason why we can't have a good ol' fashion Texan gathering once we get to ND. :)

Marc
No worries -- I feel for you being stuck in Lubbock. Two years was enough for me, lol. We'll have a Texas party for everyone once we get there.. we have a bartender and Em promised she could cook :mrgreen:

longhornem

New

Post by longhornem » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:27 pm

LTF wrote:
mace03 wrote:

Marc
No worries -- I feel for you being stuck in Lubbock. Two years was enough for me, lol. We'll have a Texas party for everyone once we get there.. we have a bartender and Em promised she could cook :mrgreen:
Yes! I made enchiladas for the first time ever a few days ago for a potluck dinner thing and it was a resounding success!
I am also not too bad at the guacamole, and I make a pretty mean ceviche, if I do say so myself! :mrgreen:

Possible flaw in the plan - strong possibility that grocery stores in South Bend don't offer as wide a selection of Mexican ingredients as grocery stores in Texas. I might not be able to find tomatillos/serrano peppers/queso fresco/etc! :shock:

But that sounds like a fantastic plan!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mace03

New

Post by mace03 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:01 pm

LTF wrote:
mace03 wrote:

Marc
I come with about 7 years of bartending experience as well, so if you need an overqualified barback, hit me up.

edgarderby

Bronze

Post by edgarderby » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:38 pm

All this talk of bartending is relevant to my interests.

gioangles

New

Post by gioangles » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:41 pm

Ugh,

The movers just finished picking up all my things. Considering all of the junk that I've thrown out, I'm appalled by the amount of stuff that I have. Especially since my inventory does NOT include a next-gen console.

I hope it all gets to Indiana in one piece. Or rather, the same number of pieces that went into the truck. One piece would be really cumbersome.

edgarderby

Bronze

Post by edgarderby » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:05 pm

So, who owns rock band with all the instruments? We need to put together our virtual ND law school band. We can be called "Rudy and the Ruettigers"

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

longhornem

New

Post by longhornem » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:15 pm

edgarderby wrote:So, who owns rock band with all the instruments? We need to put together our virtual ND law school band. We can be called "Rudy and the Ruettigers"
:lol: :lol:

gioangles

New

Post by gioangles » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:11 pm

edgarderby wrote:So, who owns rock band with all the instruments? We need to put together our virtual ND law school band. We can be called "Rudy and the Ruettigers"
Edgar, you've opened the floodgates...

"Gimme Shelter. Are you ready for this, champ?"
"I've been ready for this my whole life!"
"Then you take us out on the stage."

"Son, in 35 years of musical study, I have only come up with two hard incontrovertible facts: there is a Bon Jovi, and I'm not Him."

"If you are a part of that band, then my opinion of Notre Dame rock music just hit the shits!"

maruchan

New

Post by maruchan » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:47 pm

How'd you guys like the Notre Dame Law School luggage tag? Cute, eh?

LTF

New

Post by LTF » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:43 pm

I was just about to ask that lol -- made my day :mrgreen: At least they sent it at the same time as the first semester tuition bill, that helps!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

gengar

New

Post by gengar » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:35 pm

LTF wrote:I was just about to ask that lol -- made my day :mrgreen: At least they sent it at the same time as the first semester tuition bill, that helps!
I also got mine at the same time and thought the timing was funny as well. Here's your five-figure bill, but remember, you get a free luggage tag!

adkhu55

New

Post by adkhu55 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:19 pm

So, it sounds like everyone else has a place already. Is it crazy that I just looked at places today, and won't be back in town until the 24th?

Is anyone else going to miss orientation?

And I'm glad to hear that one of you has years of bartending experience... :)

mace03

New

Post by mace03 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:33 pm

I just started looking for places last week and found one in a matter of days, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.
But it is too bad that you're going to miss orientation. I'd hate to have to miss it myself. I'm already gonna be lost in a new place as it is.

adkhu55

New

Post by adkhu55 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:29 pm

Yeah, I am disappointed to be missing orientation, but one of my best friend's wedding is on the 23rd, in San Diego, and I can't miss it.

Is everyone signing 12 month leases or 9? It sounds like most students get 1L summer internships outside of South Bend, so is it pointless to get a 12 mo lease?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”