FLORIDA STATE U. COLLEGE OF LAW CLASS OF 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
cej13

New

Re: FLORIDA STATE U. COLLEGE OF LAW CLASS OF 2011

Post by cej13 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:57 pm

I'll give a plug to the houses on Virginia Street (right behind Tennessee). It's walking distance to the law school, right behind Wendys, McDonalds, Gumby's, the Loop Pizza, Kinkos, and a Greek Food place. It is also right behind the strip which includes the all famous Bullwinkle's. Man, I used to love livin there (my rent was $285 + cable and water, split with 3 other roommates)......By the way, get a Thirsty Moose Card, you won't regret it :)

kd

New

Post by kd » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:10 pm

cej13 wrote:I'll give a plug to the houses on Virginia Street (right behind Tennessee). It's walking distance to the law school, right behind Wendys, McDonalds, Gumby's, the Loop Pizza, Kinkos, and a Greek Food place. It is also right behind the strip which includes the all famous Bullwinkle's. Man, I used to love livin there (my rent was $285 + cable and water, split with 3 other roommates)......By the way, get a Thirsty Moose Card, you won't regret it :)
Is it a complex? How would I find out about renting there?

cej13

New

Post by cej13 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:14 pm

The whole street is a bunch of townhomes owned by collman realty: --LinkRemoved-- . If you're interested give them a ring.

E\/ERLAST

New

Post by E\/ERLAST » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:32 pm

Anyone received a need-based scholarship yet? I know they were evaluating them about a week and a half ago.

chris888777

New

Post by chris888777 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:04 pm

no, i haven't really recieved any correspondance from fsu since i paid my deposit.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Quaildogie

New

Post by Quaildogie » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:46 pm

Looking forward to meeting all of you, just sent in my deposit this morning :D

chris888777

New

Post by chris888777 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:19 pm

Welcome and congrats...did you go to asw?

E\/ERLAST

New

Post by E\/ERLAST » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:07 am

Quaildogie wrote:Looking forward to meeting all of you, just sent in my deposit this morning :D
Congrats and welcome to the FSU Fam! Glad to see we have another on board. 8)

BTW, cej13, are you attending?

cej13

New

Post by cej13 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:52 am

my days at FSU ended on the morning of April 29th, 2006......those where the good old days.....I'm excited for all you, believe me you will enjoy the experience! And once again if you guys have any questions about Tally or FSU please feel free to PM me, I gotta look out for my fellow noles :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Quaildogie

New

Post by Quaildogie » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:53 am

Yeah I was at admitted students day, what about yourself?

tziporahc

New

Post by tziporahc » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:48 pm

Anyone know when the 1st seat deposit is due?

E\/ERLAST

New

Post by E\/ERLAST » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:40 pm

May 1st, what schools you deciding between?

kd

New

Post by kd » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:20 am

I'm visiting Tally Saturday to look at places. I've got a few things lined up, but if anyone has suggestions for any pet-friendly places I should check out, let me know. Thanks!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

chris888777

New

Post by chris888777 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:17 pm

Have any of you recieved info over the past few weeks

E\/ERLAST

New

Post by E\/ERLAST » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:49 pm

Nope :( and I am kinda disappointed with that figuring how it is I have received only an acceptance letter and nothing else.

I want some more materials to pump me up!!
For goodness sake, I am still getting e-mails and materials from Temple and I already withdrew!

Come onnnnnn FSU! Give me a button or something!

kd

New

Post by kd » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:52 pm

E\/ERLAST wrote:Nope :( and I am kinda disappointed with that figuring how it is I have received only an acceptance letter and nothing else.

For goodness sake, I am still getting e-mails and materials from Temple and I already withdrew!

Did you not get a packet after the acceptance letter? I did about a week or two after my acceptance. No buttons or stickers or anything though. LOL. Just some information about what needs to be sent in before the semester starts.

E\/ERLAST

New

Post by E\/ERLAST » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:58 am

kd wrote:
E\/ERLAST wrote:Nope :( and I am kinda disappointed with that figuring how it is I have received only an acceptance letter and nothing else.

Did you not get a packet after the acceptance letter? I did about a week or two after my acceptance. No buttons or stickers or anything though. LOL. Just some information about what needs to be sent in before the semester starts.

That sounds vaguely familiar. I never received anything like a viewbook (probably because they do not have one). That's alright though...

BTW put my pre-lease deposit down on Florida Towers. Anyone else staying there?

EDIT: If you do, I would hurry up as they said they will probably have all of their pre-leases completed at the end of April for Florida Towers

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jordanfsu

New

Post by jordanfsu » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:37 pm

I asked them if they could guarantee me a room on the street site (not on the Potbelly's side) and they said no, ergo, count me out. I'm probably going to stay in a condo over by the stadium.. it's only about 5 mins away.

kd

New

Post by kd » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:59 pm

jordanfsu wrote:I asked them if they could guarantee me a room on the street site (not on the Potbelly's side) and they said no, ergo, count me out. I'm probably going to stay in a condo over by the stadium.. it's only about 5 mins away.
Yes. I'll be looking at places Saturday. I think I will be looking into bicycles...

E\/ERLAST

New

Post by E\/ERLAST » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:25 am

jordanfsu wrote:I asked them if they could guarantee me a room on the street site (not on the Potbelly's side) and they said no, ergo, count me out. I'm probably going to stay in a condo over by the stadium.. it's only about 5 mins away.
Yes I also put as a preference "law school side [aka, away from potbelly's] and any floor (to make it easier and increase my chances]. We shall see what happens. I was in the military and after learning to sleep in the freezing rain I have learned to sleep through just about anything lol. So, hopefully, if I am placed on potbelly's side it won't be a problem.

Quaildogie

New

Post by Quaildogie » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:10 am

Has anyone seen those new condos that are on gaines? I happened to drive by them last night, never seen them before, they look nice.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jordanfsu

New

Post by jordanfsu » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:47 pm

Quaildogie wrote:Has anyone seen those new condos that are on gaines? I happened to drive by them last night, never seen them before, they look nice.
I was thinking about buying one down there a couple of years ago, but they're painfully close to the railroad tracks which bothered me. I will agree with the fact that they're very nice, both inside and out.

boilerlaw

New

Post by boilerlaw » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:18 pm

I was thinking about getting a motorcycle to drive to campus. (gas=$$$) Any opinions? Is there parking for bikes near the law building and is the weather suitable?

kd

New

Post by kd » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:50 pm

To those interested, I checked out a few places Saturday and wanted to share my opinions:
Skyview - A dump. Really. If you need more details, let me know.

Parkwood Apartments and University Lofts - I didn't bother to even go inside because I was so unimpressed with the outside. It's not that they're terrible, the looks of the places just made me feel slightly claustrophobic.

Franklin Point - These were OK looking and I planned to go inside, but the office was closed at 3:30, even though the hours are until 4 p.m.

Embassy House - Slightly further from campus, but these were really cute. Plus, they're right downtown.

The Chateau - These were really nice too. I will probably be going up again in early May to sign a lease somewhere. Now that I've decided not to worry about how close to campus I live, I think it really gives me some more options.

Also, I hear the FSU bus system is pretty good, and I plan to get a bike.

FYI - I have a dog, so all the places I looked at were pet-friendly.

Boilerlaw - As to weather, yes, definitely suitable for a motorcycle. Parking, I'm not so sure about.

E\/ERLAST

New

Post by E\/ERLAST » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:47 pm

Does anyone plan on doing/applying for the optional law orientation the 13th? I was thinking about applying and was wondering if anyone had heard any positive or negative things about it...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”