FLORIDA STATE U. COLLEGE OF LAW CLASS OF 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
justins9

New

Re: FLORIDA STATE U. COLLEGE OF LAW CLASS OF 2011

Post by justins9 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:22 pm

Just found this site tonight, I'm glad to see so many people are excited about FSU Law.

Wecta and Arredondo, I'm also a UF grad. I think there's a bunch of us that are going to be up here.

Arredondo

New

Post by Arredondo » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:57 pm

There are at least enough of us that we have our own student group: http://www.law.fsu.edu/current_students ... index.html

Weckta

New

Post by Weckta » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:23 am

Hahahaha that is AWESOME!! I'm definitely joining...

kd

New

Post by kd » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:18 pm

Has anyone heard anything about schedules or books? Classes start in two weeks and it would be nice if we had time to order our books.

jordanfsu

New

Post by jordanfsu » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:00 pm

kd wrote:Has anyone heard anything about schedules or books? Classes start in two weeks and it would be nice if we had time to order our books.
Both should be out via email early this week

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Weckta

New

Post by Weckta » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:29 am

Has anyone had any luck setting up an account refund for financial aid? Whenever I try and change my address it says the query can't find a match to my name in the student database (despite me being logged in with the FSU ID). I'm not really sure what to do. I e-mailed the law school but haven't heard anything back yet... any suggestions?

Arredondo

New

Post by Arredondo » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:45 am

I forgot if I have done that or not. Where should I look to see if I have?

Arredondo

New

Post by Arredondo » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:22 pm

Weckta wrote:Has anyone had any luck setting up an account refund for financial aid? Whenever I try and change my address it says the query can't find a match to my name in the student database (despite me being logged in with the FSU ID). I'm not really sure what to do. I e-mailed the law school but haven't heard anything back yet... any suggestions?
It does the same thing for me.

kd

New

Post by kd » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:15 pm

Hi all. Schedules are out!! Here's a link to the book list if you haven't found it:
http://www.law.fsu.edu/academic_program ... oklist.pdf

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Arredondo

New

Post by Arredondo » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:39 pm

Schedules are finally out!

I have Taylor for Legal writing, Lee for Civ Procedure, Utset for Contracts, Powell for Property, and Rossi for Torts.

I wonder how many sections there are?

kd

New

Post by kd » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:49 pm

Arredondo wrote:Schedules are finally out!

I have Taylor for Legal writing, Lee for Civ Procedure, Utset for Contracts, Powell for Property, and Rossi for Torts.

I wonder how many sections there are?
I have everything but legal writing with you. There are six sections, but that is only for legal writing. There are two legal writing sections for each regular section. That's why I don't have legal writing with you. I didn't realize I'd be so excited to get my schedule. I'm sure the excitement will die a little when I go to pay for books.

Weckta

New

Post by Weckta » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:59 pm

Alright... my schedule is Weinman for Legal Writing, Lee for Civil Procedure, Utset for Contracts, Powell for Property, and Rossi for Torts. Looks like I'm in the same classes except legal writing. Only problem is, for my section (5,6) of Legal Writing, the teacher is different on the book list (listed as LaVia)... anyone else have this?

E\/ERLAST

New

Post by E\/ERLAST » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:13 pm

I have Taylor, Lee, Utset, Powell, Rossi

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jordanfsu

New

Post by jordanfsu » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:33 pm

I have Weinman, Lee, Utset, Powell, Rossi - I also have the sec. 5,6 issue where book list says LaVia but schedule says Weinman.. last minute change perhaps?

Weckta

New

Post by Weckta » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:22 am

Weckta wrote:Alright... my schedule is Weinman for Legal Writing, Lee for Civil Procedure, Utset for Contracts, Powell for Property, and Rossi for Torts. Looks like I'm in the same classes except legal writing. Only problem is, for my section (5,6) of Legal Writing, the teacher is different on the book list (listed as LaVia)... anyone else have this?
I e-mailed the Assistant Director for Admissions and Records, and she told me that, to the best of her knowledge, the book requirements for LaVia and Weinman are the same. She is going to alert the staff who prepares the book list of the needed update.

On an unrelated note, she also told me the schedule for orientation should be out by the end of the week...

Weckta

New

Post by Weckta » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:41 am

Weckta wrote:Only problem is, for my section (5,6) of Legal Writing, the teacher is different on the book list (listed as LaVia)... anyone else have this?
They updated the text book list. The teacher is Weinman and the books are the same as before.

jordanfsu

New

Post by jordanfsu » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:57 pm

Weckta wrote:
Weckta wrote:Only problem is, for my section (5,6) of Legal Writing, the teacher is different on the book list (listed as LaVia)... anyone else have this?
They updated the text book list. The teacher is Weinman and the books are the same as before.
Cool.. thanks for the info.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Arredondo

New

Post by Arredondo » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:47 pm

So where is everyone buying books at? Going to buy the recommended books right away or wait until the Professor talks about them?

Weckta

New

Post by Weckta » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:58 pm

Arredondo wrote:So where is everyone buying books at? Going to buy the recommended books right away or wait until the Professor talks about them?
I ordered everything today from the Florida State book shop. Prices were (to my surprise) very competitive overall. I got the recommended books since they were all (comparatively) pretty cheap, but man did the overall bill set me back a bit...

Arredondo

New

Post by Arredondo » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:34 pm

Are they shipping to you or can you pick them up in the store? I did notice most of their prices were cheaper than Bill's Bookstore.

kd

New

Post by kd » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:28 pm

Hi all. The orientation schedule is out: --LinkRemoved--

I found the bookstore to have pretty good prices. I was shopping on Amazon last night and a few of the books were out of stock, so they only had them available through outside vendors, usually above list price. I personally am holding off on recommended books, but mostly because I am extremley broke.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Weckta

New

Post by Weckta » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:52 pm

Arredondo wrote:Are they shipping to you or can you pick them up in the store? I did notice most of their prices were cheaper than Bill's Bookstore.
Shipping added an extra $20 so I'm just going to pick it up in-store. I put a note on my order with my phone number saying I wasn't going to pick it up until orientation, and to call if that was a problem.

justins9

New

Post by justins9 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:06 pm

Got all my books today at Bill's on Copeland and they had plenty.

Weckta

New

Post by Weckta » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:07 am

In case anyone still hasn't updated their local address for Account Refund Setup for financial aid, I was (finally) able to do this.

Arredondo

New

Post by Arredondo » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:15 pm

Well, I moved into my apartment in Tallahassee on Saturday. Going to buy my books in a little bit.

Thanks for the heads up, Weckta. I finally filled that out.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”