FLORIDA STATE U. COLLEGE OF LAW CLASS OF 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
E\/ERLAST

New

FLORIDA STATE U. COLLEGE OF LAW CLASS OF 2011

Post by E\/ERLAST » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:58 pm

I don't know if there is another thread already started other than the TLS one, but I thought I would start one. I have all but sent in the deposit (which I will soon) to FSU. Pretty excited to be going, right on the capital, small class size, great job prospects in Florida... not to mention the in-state tuition.

SO, anybody else going? Come on, crawl out of your holes, nothing to be ashamed of.

Otherwise, it will just be me posting... and... well.. that's just embarassing... SO!? Who else is going!?!!

ATTENDING:

E\/ERLAST
chris888777
mtk04
kd
jordanfsu
Quaildogie
Last edited by E\/ERLAST on Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:07 am, edited 5 times in total.

ryantep23

New

Re: FLORIDA STATE U. COLLEGE OF LAW CLASS OF 2011

Post by ryantep23 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:29 pm

I am deciding between FSU and Uconn. I am just about to finish my undergrad at FSU and enjoyed all my four years here. Right now FSU is in the lead for a few different reasons. I should know in a couple of weeks I hope.

E\/ERLAST

New

Post by E\/ERLAST » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:50 pm

Nice! a response. Well you have two awesome choices to decide between. I guess it will all depend on where you want to practice.

And yes, I plan on writing all future text like this

I kid... I kid... :twisted:

kas85

New

Post by kas85 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:43 am

Where are you from, E\/?

E\/ERLAST

New

Post by E\/ERLAST » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:45 pm

Is there noone else!?! :twisted:

And yes, I am saying this with the same inflection as "Troy"

EDIT: Whoops, wrong movie

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LSAT Hater

New

Post by LSAT Hater » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:12 pm

just called them and they said they are going to let all applicants know yay or nay by May 1... so i'll let you know by the date. I would LOVE the cheap rent and cheaper in state tuition...

chris888777

New

Post by chris888777 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:20 pm

I just paid my deposit and i couldn't be any more excited!

E\/ERLAST

New

Post by E\/ERLAST » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:53 pm

chris888777 wrote:I just paid my deposit and i couldn't be any more excited!
Nice! A lil FSU pride. Starting to pick up a bit! You headed to the admitted students day on the 11th?

LSATHater - I hope it comes through for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Silver

Post by 06072010 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:55 pm

Hi guys! What's going on in this thread? :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

E\/ERLAST

New

Post by E\/ERLAST » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:00 pm

Me posting 90% of the time... 8)

chris888777

New

Post by chris888777 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:22 pm

No, i'm not going to be able to make it on the 11th. I come from up north and I have a conflict with an event at school. If you could tell me what went on, that would be great. I plan to fly down about around the 18th.

LSAT Hater

New

Post by LSAT Hater » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:25 pm

E\/ERLAST wrote:
chris888777 wrote:I just paid my deposit and i couldn't be any more excited!
Nice! A lil FSU pride. Starting to pick up a bit! You headed to the admitted students day on the 11th?

LSATHater - I hope it comes through for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

thanks ur the best! ur like a little seminole cheerleader we all need!

btw if any of you haven't visited the campus i highly suggest you do so i seriously think its beautiful! and honestly everyone i've met so far from the law school is nice!

MiseryChick

New

Post by MiseryChick » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:40 pm

So you guys didn't get accepted to UF I take it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LSAT Hater

New

Post by LSAT Hater » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:00 pm

i HATTTTEEEE gville i would never want to go there so i didn't apply. btw i am a uf hater too :twisted:

kkhtlk

New

Post by kkhtlk » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:11 pm

MiseryChick wrote:So you guys didn't get accepted to UF I take it.
so youre in it for the rankings i take it?

some people like fsu better. no strings attached.

MiseryChick

New

Post by MiseryChick » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:23 pm

No, I'm in it for the better school overall. I thought I would get some "upward trend" comments. Just sad that there are better job prospects for UF grads in Tallahassee than for FSU grads. Major point of contention for deciding against it.

LSAT Hater

New

Post by LSAT Hater » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:00 pm

MiseryChick wrote:No, I'm in it for the better school overall. I thought I would get some "upward trend" comments. Just sad that there are better job prospects for UF grads in Tallahassee than for FSU grads. Major point of contention for deciding against it.
wow... ur bringing some misery to this board...and a little response to your comment... u have to go to tallahasee, orlando or other places to look for a job because there is nothing in gville than a few bars and then swamps for miles! and i'm glad the rankings are higher that's fantastic it could be because there is nothing to distract yourself with so studying is fun and oh yea its a really old school oh and on top of all that fun stuff i think its cute when ppl from uf call themselved the southern harvard... i'm not a fan of gville. i was when i was in undergrad and i went there for the free beer during gator growl which is the highlight of the year in gville...

the end :mrgreen:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cej13

New

Post by cej13 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:02 pm

I'm a proud FSU alumn, and the UF vs. FSU, gville vs. Tallahassee discussion is as big a part of the culture of the state of Florida as Swanee River. Welcome to the never ending rivarly!
Last edited by cej13 on Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSAT Hater

New

Post by LSAT Hater » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:06 pm

cej13 wrote:I'm a proud FSU alumn, and the UF vs. FSU, gville vs. Tallahassee discussion is as a big part of the culture of the state of Florida as Swanee River. Welcome to the never ending rivarly!
i consider myself subjective... i went to the "other florida school" but yea no comparision b/w uf and fsu may be a few numbers in rankings, but ask urself... live in a swamp or live in the capital????

kkhtlk

New

Post by kkhtlk » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:09 pm

cej13 wrote:I'm a proud FSU alumn, and the UF vs. FSU, gville vs. Tallahassee discussion is as a big part of the culture of the state of Florida as Swanee River. Welcome to the never ending rivarly!
very true.

the two are very closely ranked. the one you like more comes down to preference of environment. as far as job placement goes, FSU statistically places better than UF overall (aba data), but again, due to close rankings, placement comes down to your rank/grades/etc more so than name of school.
Last edited by kkhtlk on Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cej13

New

Post by cej13 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:14 pm

I'm going to assume "the other school in Florida" is UM. I don't know, the swamp seems to grow on the gators. I think in terms of social life (in terms of bars, clubs, diners) Tally and G-ville are about the same level. Tally definitely has an advantage in terms of employment opportunities, but I dont think its a "huge" advantage. IMHO at least.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

cej13

New

Post by cej13 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:24 pm

By the way guys I used to be an orientation leader at FSU. If you have any questions about anything please feel free to post or PM me.

Silver

Post by 06072010 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:28 pm

I'm a 1L at UF. I think g-ville wanks. It's an awful city for law school. I'd go spastic here during undergrad, but for law school, I'm looking for something a little more adult. As far as the quality of the law school goes, I'm quite happy. The profs are awesome, but so are the profs at FSU. Now I do love me some Gator sports though. Some people take the FSU rivalry too far - I think both are pretty good (but not elite) law schools that serve a little bit of a different market.

For those going to FSU, congrats on getting into a great school that's absolutely gorgeous. UFLAW is kinda ugly, gotta admit.

Your football team still sucks, though. Just sayin'

PK

E\/ERLAST

New

Post by E\/ERLAST » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:56 pm

OMG I missed the party!!!

As for "Misery Chicks" comments. I did get into G-ville - its not that I think FSU is a better school or vice versa. It comes down to what I think is going to better serve my career interests. I think UF is a great school, I think FSU is a great school - I really think it comes down to the person, and, unfortunately, class rank.

But aside from that! I don't want this board to be a FSU v UF stage. They are both great schools, no need to knock the other one down to stand up a little bit higher.

GOUF
GOFSU

Whoa, look at that sacriligiousness(?) that I just did... Craziness!

Keep the acceptances comin' - Anyone else who has posted here headed to FSU?

mtk04

New

Post by mtk04 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:32 am

Proud to say that, after pursuing the forums since the dreary LSAT days without posting, I am coming out of the 'cave' to post on this thread. I applied to all Florida and DC area law schools, except for Georgetown because of my lowly 161 LSAT score, and was accepted to all (didn't apply to Nova, Barry, Famu, or St. thomas, sorry guys not worth the app. fee) and without a doubt was most impressed by FSU when taking in all factors. Look, at some point we all need to admit that when it comes to rankings there are some serious flaws. Schools ranked within 20 or so spots of each other below the top 20 carry near equal weight in their respective regions. Plain and simple. Feel free to debate me on the point. The connections you make at firms and so forth while in law school are far more critical to your first job than where you go to law school following the 20+ spot rule. Where you go from there is as the saying goes: the cream always rises. So this UF vs FSU is really ridiculous. FSU clearly makes up for any academic or reputable shortcomings (if thats the argument, which I think was valid in 1998, but not in 2008) by it's clearly superior location in Tallahassee which is one giant city of law and lobbying firms (450) while boasting the Supreme Court, all lower courts, legislative and executive branches of Florida's government, etc. Two great schools, different strengths.

Anywaysssssssss, after visiting most of the schools I am absolutely thrilled to be choosing FSU. I was impressed top to bottom with everything. And when they said that all the courts/firms/capital were in walking distance, they weren't kidding. They are all within 5 minutes WALKING distance. The students there are also a major plus. They were all very intelligent and well spoken as well as very personable and sociable- signs of successful individuals (sorry, some traits are just preferred by firms, I've worked for quite a few). Loved the campus. Loved even more the tuition. I will be walking away with a very small debt, which if you have done any research, is a large component of future professional freedom among attorneys these days. In any case, show the love, because I think FSU is a great choice for law school!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”