Boston College Class of 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
Dana821

New

Re: Boston College Class of 2011

Post by Dana821 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:52 pm

Player30 wrote:The capitalizing thing wasn't the main point of my post, the main point was pointing out Dana's needless attitude and defensiveness, pretty much completely proving the other guy's point that it really is about insecurity. The moronic trend of not capitalizing sentences was just a side note, (generally annoying people do it).

I say this knowing that BC is the better undergrad as far as academics and certainly sports and that it's arguably the better law school.
I really don't think it was appropriate to personally attack me in the forum of the law school I'm attending. Questioning my intelligence and my LSAT score? I'm not even going to get into criticizing my grammar, because that was just silly. I just don't understand why you would bring something up that was already hashed out 6 weeks ago on a subject in which you weren't even involved. If you care to provide an explanation for your rude attack I will be glad to listen to it, or if you want to ignore this completely that's up to you. I'm sorry my post from so long ago insulted you in some way, but there are more constructive ways of handling it than attacking me amongst my peers on a message board that is supposed to give out constructive advice to those going through this extremely stressful process, and to be a sort of 'safe haven' for those seeking answers or wanting to commiserate about their cycles. :?

Player30

New

Post by Player30 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:43 pm

Dana, all I'll say is you were really a bit over-the-top with how you lashed back at that guy who challenged the rivalry thing. I mean, that kind of stuff is all for fun anyway, right? So you insulted him personally, and I really saw it as inappropriate, whether it's your school's thread or not. Your attack on him was rude as well. One thing to have school pride, but another to get arrogant about it. But it is 6 weeks old and you did apologize, so I accept that.

I agree that attacking grammar is pretty stupid on these kinds of forums. So yeah, I take that back. My grammar probably sucks most of the time too... :lol:

I'll gladly delete my other posts if you'd like. Hopefully, that impression I got of you wasn't the most accurate one.

Dana821

New

Post by Dana821 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:54 pm

:roll: :P I think we can all agree that it is time to move on. So on that note...

Has anyone had their financial aid validation form go through? According to my report on agora they've received my validation letter (on may 22 or so), but on the site it still says my award is 'conditional'. I might just be impatient, so I'm just wondering how long it took for other people's awards to become validated. Maybe they just look at those forms all at once after the deadline? That seems a little silly but who knows.

sibarg2

New

Post by sibarg2 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:03 pm

I need a roommate lol

Dana821

New

Post by Dana821 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:12 pm

sibarg2 wrote:I need a roommate lol
http://orl-ws.bc.edu/ocroommates/

check out the roommate listings on there. also, there is a housing fair on june 20th, and from what I hear there are usually people looking for roommates (not just law students, other bc grad students as well) as well as realtors ready to take you apartment hunting. you can even stay at BC the night before or after for a cheap rate (as opposed to nearby more expensive hotels). If you can make it up there (or down, depending on your current location) it seems to be a pretty good set up with an opportunity to meet someone before you commit to living with them.

http://www.bc.edu/offices/reslife/offcampus.html

the flyer for the housing fair is on that ^^ page.

Also, check out BC law 2011 facebook group. Lots of people have been posting housing information on there for incoming students.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BCLegalEagle

New

Post by BCLegalEagle » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:19 pm

All of my financial aid documents have been marked "received" on my agora, but my aid status hasn't been updated to "validated" yet. I'm sure that process will take some time seeing since literally hundreds of thousands of dollars are at stake.

PS- Dana, I think I speak for everyone in this thread (which is by far the best thread on this site and quite possibly in the world) when I say that no one judges you negatively in your defense of the best law school in Boston (and if anyone starts a lil' law school forum tiff regarding my statement, I will smite you). I wouldn't take criticism from anonymous law school forum posters too seriously :)

:mrgreen: GO CELTICS! :mrgreen:

Dana821

New

Post by Dana821 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:29 pm

I know this was brought up awhile ago, but I just wanted to inform all of you future Eagles that I just called the athletic department about season football tickets. As law students, we qualify for the student ticket package, which is either 6 games for $120, or a full season of 7 games for a little bit more (I'm guessing 140...the full season includes the Maryland game which is the saturday of thanksgiving weekend that is not included in the 6 game package). The alumni and student ticket package offerings are the same, incase that applies to anyone here.

Student tickets require that we sit in the student section, which is the 'superfan' section for anyone who's familiar with it. It's a ton of fun, general admission, lots of cheering and yelling and drunk people. It's not all insane, you can definitely find sections that are not quite as loud within the student section.

You can also purchase regular season tickets for quite a bit more money. They include an actual numbered seat, which (unless you purchased with friends) would leave you isolated during the game, but for the most part it's fairly flexible for seating arrangements, unless you run into a particularly conscientious event staffer who checks your ticket.

Click on the link at the end of this message to take you to the BC ticketing website. From there, click on student tickets, and create an account. There is a chance you may need to have an active BC email address, in which case you'll have to wait until later in the summer to obtain tickets when BC law actually hands out emails. But someone should try it because since I have a BC email address already, I'm not sure what the requirements are for those without one.

http://bceagles.cstv.com/tickets/bc-tickets.html

Dana821

New

Post by Dana821 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:32 pm

BCLegalEagle wrote:All of my financial aid documents have been marked "received" on my agora, but my aid status hasn't been updated to "validated" yet. I'm sure that process will take some time seeing since literally hundreds of thousands of dollars are at stake.

PS- Dana, I think I speak for everyone in this thread (which is by far the best thread on this site and quite possibly in the world) when I say that no one judges you negatively in your defense of the best law school in Boston (and if anyone starts a lil' law school forum tiff regarding my statement, I will smite you). I wouldn't take criticism from anonymous law school forum posters too seriously :)

:mrgreen: GO CELTICS! :mrgreen:

hahaha thanks bclegaleagle 8)

my agora stuff says the same thing so you're probably right and i'm just impatient :)

MMW

New

Post by MMW » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:33 am

Has anyone else received the packet yet? Just a heads up, I notice while going through it that you get a "free" copy of MS Office and an antivirus program. Just a warning in case anyone was thinking about purchasing one. Is this common practice in anyone's experience? I have attended three colleges and none of them offered a "free" version of office.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Dana821

New

Post by Dana821 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:12 am

MMW wrote:Has anyone else received the packet yet? Just a heads up, I notice while going through it that you get a "free" copy of MS Office and an antivirus program. Just a warning in case anyone was thinking about purchasing one. Is this common practice in anyone's experience? I have attended three colleges and none of them offered a "free" version of office.
hey what packet are you talking about? the original acceptance packet? i suppose i didn't look too carefully through that but i didn't notice it saying free anything in there haha. i wonder if they have ms office for macs...

Kompressor

Bronze

Post by Kompressor » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:18 am

Dana821 wrote:
MMW wrote:Has anyone else received the packet yet? Just a heads up, I notice while going through it that you get a "free" copy of MS Office and an antivirus program. Just a warning in case anyone was thinking about purchasing one. Is this common practice in anyone's experience? I have attended three colleges and none of them offered a "free" version of office.
hey what packet are you talking about? the original acceptance packet? i suppose i didn't look too carefully through that but i didn't notice it saying free anything in there haha. i wonder if they have ms office for macs...
They sent it to perm address, so that could be the issue.

sibarg2

New

Post by sibarg2 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:29 am

The package is also available online via PDF's and what not.

But where did you see the free stuff lol?

Dana821

New

Post by Dana821 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:35 am

i live at my perm address, so there's only one address it could have gone to. you're saying there was an additional packet sent though? i want more BC mail. i haven't received anything from the law school since the acceptance.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sibarg2

New

Post by sibarg2 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:36 am

They sent another e-mail out after the deposit confirmation. Look out for it.

Dana821

New

Post by Dana821 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:45 am

i never got a second deposit confirmation email either. i called and asked them for confirmation. ohhh well.

MMW

New

Post by MMW » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:09 pm

sibarg2 wrote:The package is also available online via PDF's and what not.

But where did you see the free stuff lol?
There is a website listed in the IT packet of information. The website has all the software you have to install in order to connect to the network and what not, and also allows you to download one free version of MS Office. They do have the mac version. It also allows you to download an anti-virus program, although the deal hasn't been finalized yet. Evidentially, you can't connect to the BC network unless you have this anti-virus software running.
Dana821 wrote:i live at my perm address, so there's only one address it could have gone to. you're saying there was an additional packet sent though? i want more BC mail. i haven't received anything from the law school since the acceptance.
I just got it yesterday and I live within walking distance from BC, so I imagine they sent it on Wednesday.

Dana821

New

Post by Dana821 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:32 pm

ok nice so i should get it today or tomorrow. thanks.

BC's network requires anti-virus software, but not necessarily that specific program. although it's free, and if you're computer didn't come with software for some reason it's a fine option.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

alaskainnyc

New

Post by alaskainnyc » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:04 pm

i'm still deciding between BC and another school, and i was wondering what you guys thought of the BC campus when you visited. when i went, it was deserted (finals week) so it was kind of hard to get a feel for the campus environment. it also felt really small and isolated, but i'm not sure if that's just because i went at a bad time. can anyone give me their perspective/thoughts?

sibarg2

New

Post by sibarg2 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:10 pm

alaskainnyc wrote:i'm still deciding between BC and another school, and i was wondering what you guys thought of the BC campus when you visited. when i went, it was deserted (finals week) so it was kind of hard to get a feel for the campus environment. it also felt really small and isolated, but i'm not sure if that's just because i went at a bad time. can anyone give me their perspective/thoughts?
Great campus. People seemed friendly. Everything was in one building I believe.

However, it is more of a commuter school. That's really the biggest problem. If you have a problem with a commuter campus, that is...

Kompressor

Bronze

Post by Kompressor » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:55 pm

The campus is small and isolated, but I'm not sure why that's a complaint for a law school.

MMW

New

Post by MMW » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:11 pm

Is anyone here going to the White Horse Tavern this Friday for the post housing fair meet-up? I don't think I am going to go but I was just wondering.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BCLegalEagle

New

Post by BCLegalEagle » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:16 pm

I will definitely be there.

cantaboot

Bronze

Post by cantaboot » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:46 am

Hi I look forward to seeing you guys in late August.
I am from Asia.

blues86

New

Post by blues86 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:09 pm

Hey guys, I'll also be heading to BC in the fall, and I wanted to pass along some interesting reading I found from BC's career services center. There are some great guides on both corporate law and litigation law from Vault and Wetfeet that you can access here - --LinkRemoved-- - I really have no idea what sort of law I want to practise, or even what litigation and corporate law entails, so if any of you are in the same boat, you might want to check these guides out. It's a bit of a process to download the guides, but there are some decent directions on the site. If anyone is having any problems, just let me know and I'll try to walk you through it as best I can.

Cheers all and I'll see you in about eight weeks!

Kompressor

Bronze

Post by Kompressor » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:29 am

Just thought I'd let everyone here know that Sibarg is a Lakers fan. Please make sure to give him shit.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”