Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
User avatar
hwmyones
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:15 am

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11

Postby hwmyones » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:53 pm

you already got a place? Are you in St. Louis already tall hick? I am not completely sure what i'm doing yet. I kind of want a nicer place, in either CWE or Clayton...I'm sure the chips will fall where they may at some point later

User avatar
smc5784
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:39 am

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11

Postby smc5784 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:55 pm

hwmyones wrote:you already got a place? Are you in St. Louis already tall hick? I am not completely sure what i'm doing yet. I kind of want a nicer place, in either CWE or Clayton...I'm sure the chips will fall where they may at some point later


Not there yet, but I do have a place nailed down. I may go for a nicer place one of my last couple of years there, but until I know for sure that law school isn't going to beat me into submission, I'm playing it cheap (or fairly so).

User avatar
hwmyones
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:15 am

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11

Postby hwmyones » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:03 pm

that's not a horrible plan...honestly, you've been out of school so you may know better about that. But with the job market like it is, and my high LSAT score the only really redeeming part of my resume..looks like i'm stuck in law school ahah

katrob412
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:36 am

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11

Postby katrob412 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:38 am

Hey everyone. I just sent in my seat deposit yesterday. I have been reading your posts for a few weeks and have decided to get in on the fun. I am super-psyched about next year!!

User avatar
smc5784
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:39 am

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11

Postby smc5784 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:07 am

katrob412 wrote:Hey everyone. I just sent in my seat deposit yesterday. I have been reading your posts for a few weeks and have decided to get in on the fun. I am super-psyched about next year!!


Welcome, katrob, we're all pretty excited as well. I foresee this being a pretty great crew to spend the next three years with.

I realize this is a little ways off, but anyone thinking about spending the summer after 1L at Utrecht, or in any of the other summer abroad programs?

User avatar
hwmyones
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:15 am

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11

Postby hwmyones » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:23 am

oh steven, stop kidding yourself, you're gong to spend your 1L summer filling out transfer applications to a school in Biloxi.

User avatar
smc5784
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:39 am

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11

Postby smc5784 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:27 am

hwmyones wrote:oh steven, stop kidding yourself, you're gong to spend your 1L summer filling out transfer applications to a school in Biloxi.


If I'm transferring to Biloxi, you can guarantee yourself it won't be for school. Beau Rivage blackjack dealer is definitely something I'm keeping in the back of my mind.

But I have no idea who this "steven" you speak of is. We're all anonymous on here, right?

SenatorClayDavis
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:21 pm

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11

Postby SenatorClayDavis » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:29 am

I also pledge Allegiance to WUSTL...seems like a lot of great people will be making up the class of 2011. :mrgreen:

Quick question I spoke to a 1L and they suggested living alone your first year, it was a woman and from college I know that sometimes two women don't do well in close proximity. (hope that doesn’t sound sexist :shock: )


Just want to know your housing plans roommate or no roommate?

User avatar
smc5784
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:39 am

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11

Postby smc5784 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:38 am

SenatorClayDavis wrote:I also pledge Allegiance to WUSTL...seems like a lot of great people will be making up the class of 2011. :mrgreen:

Quick question I spoke to a 1L and they suggested living alone your first year, it was a woman and from college I know that sometimes two women don't do well in close proximity. (hope that doesn’t sound sexist :shock: )


Just want to know your housing plans roommate or no roommate?


Welcome, Senator (wouldn't mind if that's the last time I say that in my life).

I thought about that very thing. I figured that, since law school was going to be so different than anything I've experienced, living alone would probably be the best thing for me this first year, at least. Also, I'm not keen on the idea of living with someone that I don't really know at all (of course, all you TLSers here seem like wonderful people). I have a really good friend who's had a couple of pretty bad experiences doing this, so I thought I might steer clear of that situation. No need to add any stress to what should already be a pretty stress-filled year to begin with.

SenatorClayDavis
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:21 pm

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11

Postby SenatorClayDavis » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:23 pm

Thanks SMC...

I to will probably live alone. I kinda want to structure my room like a prison cell, some way i think that will help me get through this ordeal with the necessary mental toughness. I plan to workout and read thick volumes of books searching for hidden meanings and also become well versed in the Bible. If that’s not prison life I don't know what is :?

User avatar
smc5784
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:39 am

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11

Postby smc5784 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:46 pm

SenatorClayDavis wrote:Thanks SMC...

I to will probably live alone. I kinda want to structure my room like a prison cell, some way i think that will help me get through this ordeal with the necessary mental toughness. I plan to workout and read thick volumes of books searching for hidden meanings and also become well versed in the Bible. If that’s not prison life I don't know what is :?


Good strategy. After living like that, a 65-hour work week will seem like a vacation.

katrob412
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:36 am

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11

Postby katrob412 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:30 pm

I think that you have something there talking about two women living together. And while I would love to live alone, I would also love to keep down the debt, so...any of you non-creepy guys out there who want to live with a laid back girl from Kansas, just let me know. All of my best roommates have been male.

User avatar
smc5784
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:39 am

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11

Postby smc5784 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:38 pm

katrob412 wrote: so...any of you non-creepy guys out there who want to live with a laid back girl from Kansas, just let me know.


I wonder what guy would exclude himself from this offer because, deep down, he knew he was just too creepy.

User avatar
20090922
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:41 pm

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11

Postby 20090922 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:27 pm

smc5784 wrote:
katrob412 wrote: so...any of you non-creepy guys out there who want to live with a laid back girl from Kansas, just let me know.


I wonder what guy would exclude himself from this offer because, deep down, he knew he was just too creepy.


I don't think there's any single acceptable response to that besides what smc just said.

User avatar
hwmyones
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:15 am

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11

Postby hwmyones » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:02 pm

smc5784 wrote:
hwmyones wrote:oh steven, stop kidding yourself, you're gong to spend your 1L summer filling out transfer applications to a school in Biloxi.


If I'm transferring to Biloxi, you can guarantee yourself it won't be for school. Beau Rivage blackjack dealer is definitely something I'm keeping in the back of my mind.

But I have no idea who this "steven" you speak of is. We're all anonymous on here, right?


Exactly, completely anonymous. Your name is not steven. I did that on purpose. I win this argument. As for living situations..I really have no problem spending a decent amount of money for a nicer place, but it seems like most people are much happier getting a shanty cabin with a port-o-potty as long as its cheap..laid back girl from kansas, i'm sure you will make some guy very happy as you clean and cook for him..
(sorry just thought we were being sexist for a second)

User avatar
hwmyones
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:15 am

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11

Postby hwmyones » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:06 pm

smc5784 wrote:
katrob412 wrote: so...any of you non-creepy guys out there who want to live with a laid back girl from Kansas, just let me know.


I wonder what guy would exclude himself from this offer because, deep down, he knew he was just too creepy.

This Guy

User avatar
smc5784
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:39 am

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11

Postby smc5784 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:44 pm

hwmyones wrote:
smc5784 wrote:
katrob412 wrote: so...any of you non-creepy guys out there who want to live with a laid back girl from Kansas, just let me know.


I wonder what guy would exclude himself from this offer because, deep down, he knew he was just too creepy.

This Guy


I'm torn between "Damn you, workplace filters" and "Thank God for workplace filters." I guess I'll have to wait for tonight to get my answer.

User avatar
smc5784
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:39 am

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11

Postby smc5784 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:46 pm

hwmyones wrote:I did that on purpose. I win this argument.


Damn. School hasn't even started and you're already one up on me.

User avatar
20090922
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:41 pm

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11

Postby 20090922 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:50 pm

hwmyones wrote:This Guy


That was possibly the best story I've ever read, right up there in creepiness as the Chuck Palahniuk short story

User avatar
20090922
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:41 pm

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11

Postby 20090922 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:55 pm

smc5784 wrote:I'm torn between "Damn you, workplace filters" and "Thank God for workplace filters." I guess I'll have to wait for tonight to get my answer.


Unless your workplace filter is text oriented, just use a proxy like --LinkRemoved-- to surf originally out-of-bounds websites and the like. Enjoy!

User avatar
hwmyones
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:15 am

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11

Postby hwmyones » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:01 pm

i figured you guys would like that. And i mean, I here he's a 2L at SLU...

(Okay, I can't back that up)

NDray
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:27 pm

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11

Postby NDray » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:22 pm

As for living situations..I really have no problem spending a decent amount of money for a nicer place


I noticed that on the roomate questionaire results, hwymones!! :wink:

User avatar
hwmyones
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:15 am

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11

Postby hwmyones » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:45 pm

NDRay, are a you a 26 year old Yid from Chicago?

NDray
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:27 pm

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11

Postby NDray » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:55 pm

Check your facebook.

User avatar
hwmyones
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:15 am

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11

Postby hwmyones » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:01 pm

ahh..got it, thought you might've been someone else from Illinois. I'm sure you guys will have one of the larger contingents in the fall.




Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest