University of Toronto Class of 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
Pyke

Bronze

Re: University of Toronto Class of 2011

Post by Pyke » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:36 am

CosmoLaw wrote:Hey Guys,... I got accepted at U of T as well. Unless I somehow manage to get accepted at Stanford,... I'll be seeing you in the fall
It's sort of funny that - I logged into TLS for the first time in forever today - and you posted today.

FYI: A lot more Canadians post on lawstudents.ca if you want to talk to people about your prospects at U of T coming out of the U.S. or anything like that. :)

CosmoLaw

Bronze

Post by CosmoLaw » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:08 am

Yeah, I've been stalking LawStudents as well. Although, I'm a U of T graduate, I'm contemplating entering the U.S.... but yeah, I've been debating the argument of Canada vs. U.S. for so long that I have a perpetual headache. Now, I leave it to the fates (in a manner of speaking of course)... if I get in at Stanford, then it's an issue,...otherwise, it's a moot point.

CosmoLaw

Bronze

Post by CosmoLaw » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:12 am

Wow, I'm certainly not discerning for a hopeful lawyer... I just realized that I posted in the "Class of 2011" forum rather than the accepted for 2011... I've been harping over this computer screen perpetually since my initial interest in law school. My apologies. And congratulations, you're almost done.

How was your overall experience at UT Law? i.e. Academics and Social

Pyke

Bronze

Post by Pyke » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:39 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:Wow, I'm certainly not discerning for a hopeful lawyer... I just realized that I posted in the "Class of 2011" forum rather than the accepted for 2011... I've been harping over this computer screen perpetually since my initial interest in law school. My apologies. And congratulations, you're almost done.

How was your overall experience at UT Law? i.e. Academics and Social
It's been good. I've been pretty laid back in third year - but I think like anything else, you get what you put into it. I feel like if you're the type who loves to be at the center of everything, there's definitely that crowd, and there's the crowd who are outliers, and pretty much everywhere in between.

CosmoLaw

Bronze

Post by CosmoLaw » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:14 pm

Cool... well I'm one of the nerds who likes studying... but frankly speaking, I didn't capitalize on my undergraduate experience as much as I should have (extra-curricularly).. I wish to change that in law school. Do you mind if I ask, were you able to secure summer positions during law school?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Pyke

Bronze

Post by Pyke » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:56 am

CosmoLaw wrote:Cool... well I'm one of the nerds who likes studying... but frankly speaking, I didn't capitalize on my undergraduate experience as much as I should have (extra-curricularly).. I wish to change that in law school. Do you mind if I ask, were you able to secure summer positions during law school?
I don't mind if you ask.

I did (in Canada, where I wanted).

I also have my job upon graduation (also in Canada).

I'm not a U.S. citizen, but I don't think that really would matter one way or the other, if I was. I know roughly 10% of our class is headed to NYC.

CosmoLaw

Bronze

Post by CosmoLaw » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:34 pm

Sounds like you've had an excellent start. Yeah the NYC prospects are definitely something I'm interested in.

Pyke

Bronze

Post by Pyke » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:50 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:Sounds like you've had an excellent start. Yeah the NYC prospects are definitely something I'm interested in.
You need to be in the top segment or you won't get looked at, but if you are, you definitely have a shot at NYC if that's what you want.

CosmoLaw

Bronze

Post by CosmoLaw » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:47 pm

I definitely am anticipating I will be. How predictive is your undergraduate academic performance of you law school performance?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”