Loyola Law School (L.A.) - Class of 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
LBCLawGirl

New

Re: Loyola Law School (L.A.) - Class of 2011

Post by LBCLawGirl » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:01 am

snowboarder2713 wrote:Party details posted in the poll. If you need directions, you can get the address from the Library Bar website. Feel free to invite non-TLSers too.
so are we doing sunday then?

Fyzzix

New

Post by Fyzzix » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:33 pm

/
Last edited by Fyzzix on Mon May 23, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snowboarder2713

Bronze

Post by snowboarder2713 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:22 pm

Yep this Sunday. Ha good point Fyzzix. .... There shouldn't be too many people there, so just look for the younger people in the bar. I'll probably start off sitting at the bar, and then I'll be on the couches near the books once more people get there.
Last edited by snowboarder2713 on Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

teK

New

Post by teK » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:04 am

anyone know if we have 1st day assignments already, or is that gonna be covered at orientation?

mes789

New

Post by mes789 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:08 am

teK wrote:anyone know if we have 1st day assignments already, or is that gonna be covered at orientation?
I think we will have assignments due the first day and it sounds like they will be posted Aug 12 and we can only access them once we get our Loyola log-ins. That's my interpretation anyway.

Also, people should be aware, if they aren't already, that Macs are no longer supported for exams, you have to have Windows installed via Bootcamp on the Mac, or a PC that has Windows. (Vista 64 bit is not supported either, until Spring 2009).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Fyzzix

New

Post by Fyzzix » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:30 am

/
Last edited by Fyzzix on Mon May 23, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PugPug

New

Post by PugPug » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:50 am

Oh I really wish I could go tomorrow night (I guess now tonight). I'll be driving up from San Diego/finally officially moving in that evening, so I'm going to be tired. Maybe if I'm feel adventurous I'll make an appearance hahaha.

Ugh, yes the mac issue. I had a fun little talk with one of the tech guys the other day about all the mac stuff. Ugh ugh ugh.

mes789

New

Post by mes789 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:34 pm

Fyzzix wrote:
They were never natively supported. It was always that way, they just did a poor job of illuminating that fact when they say "Macs are compatible" it should have been "Macs are compatible, if they have Windows, muhahahahahaha"
Actually last year they used a testing software that did run on Mac OS, without Windows, they even sent a page in the orientation packet that says Mac OS is OK, but evidently they switched recently.

snowboarder2713

Bronze

Post by snowboarder2713 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:22 pm

I believe they're using the same testing software as they did last year (the same one many other CA schools use and the CA bar uses). All I'm saying is that if I see someone from the testing company they're getting a roundhouse kick to the face. (I just woke up forgive me if that didn't make any sense.)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

PugPug

New

Post by PugPug » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:40 pm

Ya, I have to get myself Leopard to make this whole thing work. I think I bought the last one of the last round of laptops sold just before Leopard came out (and just before the grace period where they'll give you Leopard for a reduced cost or something).

eeandtee

New

Post by eeandtee » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:34 pm

I am not sure where the information regarding Apple OS users originated from...

BUT I am quoting from the "Computer and Software Recommendations" paper that came with the second orientation mailing: "Mac OS can be used with our current exam software as well as to connect to our wireless network".

I guess we will know for sure tomorrow - but I am relying on that...

ef

LoyolaESLS

New

Post by LoyolaESLS » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:18 pm

Attention Incoming Loyola 1Ls:

The new media revolution is upon us and is taking the record business as its first casualty. During this 1 hour MCLE event, Loyola Law School's Professor and Head of Entertainment Law, Jay Dougherty, will discuss this state of affairs with three famed music attorneys: Henry Root, Patrick Gorman, and Craig Marshall. Each will offer their unique perspective on the current state of the music business. Specifically, the event will focus on the legal issues that are facing the music industry as it transitions to a primarily digital music marketplace, and what the implications of this transition are for music law attorneys. The panel will also provide information regarding some of the new opportunities available to music attorneys and their clients.

Contact Greg Strausberg (Gregory.Strausberg[at]lls.edu) or Jacqueline Gottlieb (Jacqueline.Gottlieb[at]lls.edu) for more information.

Event Details:

Host: Loyola Law School: ESLS
Date: Thursday, August 14, 2008
Time: 12:00pm - 1:00pm

About the Entertainment and Sports Law Society:

The Entertainment and Sports Law Society provides opportunities for those students contemplating careers in Entertainment or Sports Law to develop their interest and expand their knowledge in these specialized field. The Society sponsors a speakers program and various other activities.

For more information:
--LinkRemoved--

PugPug

New

Post by PugPug » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:24 pm

Dude, I just went to school and bought my books...

I will be poor for a very, very, very long time.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Fyzzix

New

Post by Fyzzix » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:39 pm

/
Last edited by Fyzzix on Mon May 23, 2011 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beanee33

New

Post by beanee33 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:48 pm

anyone know if we have a discount at any area gyms? i'm sure this info is floating around in the orientation, but i conveniently left it in ny when i moved ... nothing like have the info you need 3000 miles away :oops:

bowandarrow20

New

Post by bowandarrow20 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:50 pm

I was at the bookstore there as well, aside from like several people eagerly trying to help me I looked at the prices and was like umm just kidding. I'll try to get what I can online and then probably buy the contracts one (since it's new) and the legal writing ones since I don't know which one I'm in.

Other than that campus was pretty empty, the few that were there were all like business professionally dressed, even when studying in the library. O.o

I also walked around campus both east/west and didn't see any gyms =\ I totally did not realize we were in K-town either haha.

Anyhow see ya'll at orientation.

teK

New

Post by teK » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:48 am

yeah, i pretty much had the same thoughts. went on campus today to try and clear something up at the financial aid office (go figure, they were no help at all)

really hope those guys in suits were dressed for oci, and not gunners that always dress that way

campus is pretty small, especially compared to undergrad

and i also knew the campus itself was close to ktown, but not *in* it :shock:
anyone know if we have a discount at any area gyms? i'm sure this info is floating around in the orientation, but i conveniently left it in ny when i moved ... nothing like have the info you need 3000 miles away
i remember reading somewhere that the school had a program with golds gym. if that's not your style, i'm pretty sure 24 hour fitness still has coupons for a $24/mo deal on the internet somewhere.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

PugPug

New

Post by PugPug » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:13 pm

So did everyone have an exciting time at orientation today?

bowandarrow20

New

Post by bowandarrow20 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:02 pm

Haha should have had our own TLS huddle in the corner j/k, who knows maybe some of us met each other without knowing it.

Yeah orientation was pretty smooth. More hw though >.<

I swear we had a gunner...maybe...

beanee33

New

Post by beanee33 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:46 pm

anyone in section 4 able to find the 3rd edition of the Ides casebook? the bookstore said they didn't carry it and i'm having no luck finding it online :?

Fyzzix

New

Post by Fyzzix » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:01 pm

/
Last edited by Fyzzix on Mon May 23, 2011 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

PugPug

New

Post by PugPug » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:02 pm

So anyone in section 3... I have a question for you. I looked at the First Week Assignment for Civ Pro and we're supposed to have a "Civil Procedure Supplement and Workbook". Anyone know where we're supposed to go about getting that?

***NVM, I figured it out. Guess I'm heading to campus today to go to the effing graphics dept. Gah.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”