Cornell Law School 2011

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
User avatar
neskerdoo
Posts: 599
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:13 am

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby neskerdoo » Thu May 22, 2008 2:55 pm

well, I looked on the form I got a while ago from the Gannett health sevices, and there was a website on there. I think it was http://newstudents.cornell.edu, but I will check when I get home.

Once there, it asks if you know your NetID. If the answer is no, below the regular sign-in, you can put in your email address and other info, and then you can access the "next step" forms. I haven't filled out the form yet, but I kind of tested stuff, and was able to cycle through the pages and save my info.

xdistak
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:35 am

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby xdistak » Thu May 22, 2008 5:21 pm

ty! i totally forgot about that gantt health thing at home when I moved for the summer.

User avatar
logicianwannabe
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:20 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby logicianwannabe » Sat May 24, 2008 4:41 pm

anybody been to hughes hall? how big are the rooms? know if they have a cleaning service for the bathrooms/kitchens?

User avatar
neskerdoo
Posts: 599
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:13 am

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby neskerdoo » Sun May 25, 2008 8:28 pm

on the ASW tour, the rooms seemed of typical dorm size... I wish I could remember that part better, but my brain was melting on the tour... the guide did say that there is a cleaning service, but that you have to do your own dishes... but he also said no one ever cooks, which I found to be the scariest moment of the weekend...

Anyone besides me still have zero idea of where they'll be living in less than three months?

User avatar
joonbug
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:14 am

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby joonbug » Mon May 26, 2008 2:01 am

I went up there and got myself a nice little apartment. Nesker, from my visit there, I found a lot of "for rent" rooms in residential houses easily, but they often are not the nicest places to live in. And the word of mouth is that a lot of good apartments are usually taken before July, so a visit to Ithaca for apartment hunting might not be a bad idea in your situation.

User avatar
niclaw
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:36 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby niclaw » Mon May 26, 2008 9:48 am

I am still out of the country, but just got a 1 bedroom via craigslist and the help of friends/family back home. I am a little nervous in that I haven't ever actually seen it, but that is totally outweighed by the relief of knowing I have a place to live next year... I hope it doesn't suck, but eh, it will certainly beat the place I am living now.

User avatar
retasu
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:27 am

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby retasu » Mon May 26, 2008 10:38 am

niclaw wrote:I am still out of the country, but just got a 1 bedroom via craigslist and the help of friends/family back home. I am a little nervous in that I haven't ever actually seen it, but that is totally outweighed by the relief of knowing I have a place to live next year... I hope it doesn't suck, but eh, it will certainly beat the place I am living now.


Pretty much same situation. It was a huge relief to get a place set up, though I am still scared I'm going to get there and it will look nothing like it was supposed to.

But if it does suck, I will just spend all my time in the library until I find a new place for next year. :lol:

User avatar
gravity
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:35 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby gravity » Wed May 28, 2008 3:25 am

do you guys know when we find out about hughes?

User avatar
retasu
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:27 am

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby retasu » Wed May 28, 2008 8:38 am

Did anyone check out the gyms while at Cornell? Teagle and Noyes look like they're the closest to the law school. Were they nice? Crowded? Worth $145 a year?

reverie
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:24 am

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby reverie » Wed May 28, 2008 9:50 am

hey guys,
i'm a little freaked out because i don't remember any health forms... did they come in the mail with housing stuff? i would have totally missed the deadline for the health forms if it hadn't been mentioned here... besides that, the seat deposits and the other forms due in July (found on that website nesker posted), were there/are there any other things due soon? thanks for any help :)

LeahNic
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:10 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby LeahNic » Wed May 28, 2008 10:22 am

I think the health form and those next step forms in July are the only things we need. I have no idea where my health records are, and I'm pretty sure I need like 4 shots :-(.

I too am curious about the gym situation. My UG gym was just included in our fees, so I never thought about paying for it.

iwanttogotolawschool
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:23 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby iwanttogotolawschool » Wed May 28, 2008 10:35 am

retasu wrote:Did anyone check out the gyms while at Cornell? Teagle and Noyes look like they're the closest to the law school. Were they nice? Crowded? Worth $145 a year?


Noyes is the new one, it has pretty good equipment, but because it's new it tends to get crowded. I personally don't like Teagle because they have an upstairs and a downstairs area so to get a full workout you often have to switch rooms. This wouldn't be as much of a problem if you didn't have to swipe in with the people in the new room, but unfortunately you do. This may seem like nothing to you, but I always found it annoying. Overall, I thought the $145 was very much worth it.

User avatar
CampbellRh
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:43 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby CampbellRh » Wed May 28, 2008 1:58 pm

gravity wrote:do you guys know when we find out about hughes?



I got an email last thursday saying they had a spot for me and to sign in online and sign my contract.

I would guess this is how they are letting everyone know.

User avatar
gravity
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:35 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby gravity » Wed May 28, 2008 3:25 pm

CampbellRh wrote:
gravity wrote:do you guys know when we find out about hughes?



I got an email last thursday saying they had a spot for me and to sign in online and sign my contract.

I would guess this is how they are letting everyone know.


ah i see.. when did you apply?
i applied pretty late (last week).. and i'm debating if/when i should go up there to find an apartment..

User avatar
CampbellRh
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:43 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby CampbellRh » Wed May 28, 2008 7:09 pm

gravity wrote:
CampbellRh wrote:
gravity wrote:do you guys know when we find out about hughes?



I got an email last thursday saying they had a spot for me and to sign in online and sign my contract.

I would guess this is how they are letting everyone know.


ah i see.. when did you apply?
i applied pretty late (last week).. and i'm debating if/when i should go up there to find an apartment..


I applied early...like the day I got the packet...b/c i wanted to sure I would get it, so probably late april-ish?

I would begin to apartment search a little bit if I were you--I spoke to the graduate housing director on the phone and she seemed to imply that everything was filled (b/c I got an XL room and wanted to switch to a smaller room, and she said all assignments were already made). :(...sorry to be the debbie-downer.

User avatar
neskerdoo
Posts: 599
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:13 am

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby neskerdoo » Fri May 30, 2008 7:41 pm

We're sliding down the page... what should we chat about? I say the Mets or the upcoming school year...

User avatar
retasu
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:27 am

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby retasu » Sat May 31, 2008 5:15 am

BUMP.

...Errr. So.

I got that e-mail about all the fun forms to fill out for Stafford loans. Oh god. I can't decide which is more painful: filling out all these financial forms again or getting the 4 shots I'm going to need for the health forms.

The excitement for the new school year is slowly changing to trepidation, too, as reality sinks in. My "zomg LAW SCHOOL! :twisted: " is being replaced by "zomg...law school... :shock: ". How is everyone else feeling?

User avatar
CampbellRh
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:43 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby CampbellRh » Sat May 31, 2008 4:39 pm

retasu wrote:BUMP.

...Errr. So.

I got that e-mail about all the fun forms to fill out for Stafford loans. Oh god. I can't decide which is more painful: filling out all these financial forms again or getting the 4 shots I'm going to need for the health forms.

The excitement for the new school year is slowly changing to trepidation, too, as reality sinks in. My "zomg LAW SCHOOL! :twisted: " is being replaced by "zomg...law school... :shock: ". How is everyone else feeling?


pretty much the same.

and FYI-the process for accepting the stafford loans was not bad at all...the whole thing probably took me an hour. the first two forms took about 3 min. to print and fill out. the MPN is alot of reading, but goes fast, and the entrance counseling is 1/2 common sense, 1/2 important stuff that you should probably learn anyway, so it's not a complete waste of time.

and I have not even thought about the health forms yet! :?

fsohn
Posts: 233
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:06 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby fsohn » Sat May 31, 2008 5:43 pm

I did the loan forms before the email. Does that mean I have to do them again?

VirusNY
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:19 am

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby VirusNY » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:36 am

I called today and was told that the loan forms don't have to be in until the end of June. Does anyone remember when the medical forms are due? I have no idea where my medical records are (have had like 4 doctors the last 4 years)... Maybe my undergrad has the records that are needed...

LeahNic
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:10 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby LeahNic » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:04 am

I have no idea either--but I think your undergrad would have to have them. That's where I plan to start looking.

User avatar
CampbellRh
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:43 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby CampbellRh » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:35 am

VirusNY wrote:I called today and was told that the loan forms don't have to be in until the end of June. Does anyone remember when the medical forms are due? I have no idea where my medical records are (have had like 4 doctors the last 4 years)... Maybe my undergrad has the records that are needed...


Due June 13, I believe. You have to fill some it out online, and then have your doctor do part of it I guess.

Starting that this afternoon... :| fun stuff, I'm sure.

User avatar
kn6542
Posts: 833
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby kn6542 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:07 pm

CampbellRh wrote:
VirusNY wrote:I called today and was told that the loan forms don't have to be in until the end of June. Does anyone remember when the medical forms are due? I have no idea where my medical records are (have had like 4 doctors the last 4 years)... Maybe my undergrad has the records that are needed...


Due June 13, I believe. You have to fill some it out online, and then have your doctor do part of it I guess.

Starting that this afternoon... :| fun stuff, I'm sure.


I got my tetanus shot yesterday and my arm feels likes it's going to fall off.

User avatar
KidA23
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:52 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby KidA23 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:23 pm

I think Noyes is the new, nice fitness center that is relatively close to MTH. I walked up to it during my last trip to Ithaca, though didn't venture inside. Here are some pics from the Cornell website-

--ImageRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--

Here's a map of Cornell and where the 4 gyms are. I *think* MTH is the building right beneath the Q in the label ENGINEERING QUAD in the bottom-right corner of the map-

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
kn6542
Posts: 833
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby kn6542 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:23 pm

They have CLIMBING WALLS too!




Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest