Cornell Law School 2011

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
User avatar
joonbug
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:14 am

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby joonbug » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:21 pm

nesk, you hold him. i'll find someone who can punch him.

User avatar
kn6542
Posts: 833
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby kn6542 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:23 pm

neskerdoo wrote:that is a hot topic of discussion all throughout Myron Taylor Hall these days, bug...

What the hell did he do?

LeahNic
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:10 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby LeahNic » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:25 pm

kn6542 wrote:
neskerdoo wrote:that is a hot topic of discussion all throughout Myron Taylor Hall these days, bug...

What the hell did he do?


Yeah I want to know too.

Also-- I say we get there at 4:30 on the dot.

And, Kn, do you want to skip because you feel so strongly? Or because you just dont want to hear other people talk that feel so strongly?

User avatar
neskerdoo
Posts: 599
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:13 am

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby neskerdoo » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:27 pm

kn, go so she can call on you and you can dramatically bow out of the discussion! You're allowed!

User avatar
kn6542
Posts: 833
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby kn6542 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:28 pm

neskerdoo wrote:kn, go so she can call on you and you can dramatically bow out of the discussion! You're allowed!

I'm going to dramatically bow out of all discussions. I feel strongly about discussions in lawl school.

User avatar
kn6542
Posts: 833
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby kn6542 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:30 pm

LeahNic wrote:
And, Kn, do you want to skip because you feel so strongly? Or because you just dont want to hear other people talk that feel so strongly?

If I were to speak, called on or not, there's a good chance that I would get overly aroused and say something snarky and/or inappropriate. I don't want to be tempted.

User avatar
neskerdoo
Posts: 599
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:13 am

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby neskerdoo » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:35 pm

holy crap, dude, you have to go!

LeahNic
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:10 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby LeahNic » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:36 pm

kn6542 wrote:
LeahNic wrote:
And, Kn, do you want to skip because you feel so strongly? Or because you just dont want to hear other people talk that feel so strongly?

If I were to speak, called on or not, there's a good chance that I would get overly aroused and say something snarky and/or inappropriate. I don't want to be tempted.



Do it. Do it. I would be so entertained. I feel kind of the same way, but I get the feeling we are on opposite sides of the spectrum. :-)

User avatar
joonbug
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:14 am

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby joonbug » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:43 pm

omg i'd totally skip my class to see kn's entern3tz persona surface in the classroom setting!

User avatar
kn6542
Posts: 833
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby kn6542 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:44 pm

LeahNic wrote:
kn6542 wrote:
LeahNic wrote:
And, Kn, do you want to skip because you feel so strongly? Or because you just dont want to hear other people talk that feel so strongly?

If I were to speak, called on or not, there's a good chance that I would get overly aroused and say something snarky and/or inappropriate. I don't want to be tempted.



Do it. Do it. I would be so entertained. I feel kind of the same way, but I get the feeling we are on opposite sides of the spectrum. :-)


BTW, do you know what the remedy was under the Texas criminal statute? Did they actually give jail time to people who had an abortion? Were they sentenced to making fetus balls out of mashed prison potatoes for 5 yrs or something?

LeahNic
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:10 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby LeahNic » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:53 pm

haha. I'm pretty sure the statue was directed toward those that performed the abortions not those that had the abortion. I'm guess those that performed got jail time? Or a fine?

User avatar
joonbug
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:14 am

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby joonbug » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:56 pm

Bah. This thread only hands out Section A love.

Anyone wants to talk about Hoffman? :?

User avatar
kn6542
Posts: 833
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby kn6542 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:57 pm

LeahNic wrote:haha. I'm pretty sure the statue was directed toward those that performed the abortions not those that had the abortion. I'm guess those that performed got jail time? Or a fine?


I say capital punishment is in order.

User avatar
kn6542
Posts: 833
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby kn6542 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:57 pm

joonbug wrote:Bah. This thread only hands out Section A love.

Anyone wants to talk about Hoffman? :?

No.





Back to the Big Red Barn thing.......everyone make sure you bring your cornell IDs so you can get in.

LeahNic
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:10 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby LeahNic » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:03 pm

Who is Hoffman? and why would we talk about him?

User avatar
kn6542
Posts: 833
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby kn6542 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:07 pm

LeahNic wrote:Who is Hoffman? and why would we talk about him?

Hoffman is one of my frogs. Joon can't get enough of him. Don't encourage him.

User avatar
joonbug
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:14 am

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby joonbug » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:17 pm

LeahNic wrote:Who is Hoffman? and why would we talk about him?


okay... hoffman's too arbitrary. our conlaw just got to griswald.

we can talk about um... lochner!?

User avatar
kn6542
Posts: 833
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby kn6542 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:25 pm

Dude.....Catherine MacKinnon is all over the commentary in this casebook.

I think she was at Yale around the same time as Johnson. I wonder if Johnson knows her!

fsohn
Posts: 233
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:06 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby fsohn » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:25 pm

anything but Lochner. How about the wonderfully exciting case of Hamer v Sidway? I'm all for the death of agreement with consideration as a theory of obligation.

LeahNic
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:10 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby LeahNic » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:26 pm

crap if i had done my readings I would know who Hoffman is apparently. I should stop watching TV and playing on TLS...

User avatar
gravity
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:35 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby gravity » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:40 pm

what about Sibbach? lol

i love rachlinski..

User avatar
kn6542
Posts: 833
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby kn6542 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:00 pm

The Cornell Student Chapter of the Animal Legal Defense Fund will be having its first meeting of the year tomorrow, September 17, at 6:15 p.m. in room G81. As originally promised, there will be REAL FOOD, HYPOTHETICAL CANDY, and PICTURES OF CATS. As I understand it, the Cornell Law Democrats will have none of these things. Also, I've heard that they support some sort of sex education for kindergartners. Stay away.


zOMG animals, law, picture of cats.....I'm sooooooo there.

LeahNic
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:10 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby LeahNic » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:04 pm

I am too. I wish I could bring my dog. And I wish it was earlier.

User avatar
kn6542
Posts: 833
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby kn6542 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:05 pm

LeahNic wrote:I am too. I wish I could bring my dog. And I wish it was earlier.

You should bring your dog!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm lobbying for 1L lawcatrep.

User avatar
joonbug
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:14 am

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Postby joonbug » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:16 pm

can i be a rep too?

i promise that all the dogs and cats will have some serious fun, as hinted by my avatar.




Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest