University of Virginia School of Law 2011

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
User avatar
MissVirginia
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:21 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby MissVirginia » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:08 pm

sialeeds wrote:MissVirginia -- do you think they're just going to give everyone the same thing, i.e. what's listed on the financial aid section of the website? Because that's what I'm kind of counting on here...
Yeah, it looks like loans from here on out. As for the amount of loans, the amount might be affected by EFC- I'm not sure. (Does EFC via Fafsa affect the amount of loans Virginia will offer, like will they subtract EFC from estimated cost of attendance and then offer the rest in loans?)

cantwaitforuva
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby cantwaitforuva » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:09 pm

sialeeds wrote:So jealous that you're done. I need to finish mine this weekend...

Holly -- my dog will totally ignore your cat for awhile, but then they'd get along. He's kind of a snob when it comes to other animals. Other dogs will start barking and lunging at him, and he just sits there and stares at them like, "What's your problem?" But once he gets used to them, he starts to take a liking to them :) He gets along with my neighbor's cat quite well.

Edit: Who wants to make a "UVA Class of 2011 Pets" thread? J/k...


If we start a pets thread I wonder what our tanget would be... But I can't wait to visit the shelters in C-Ville to get a cat!

User avatar
tkm.
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Postby tkm. » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:10 pm

yeah the extra space will be nice :) I'm going down to take a look at one of the rooms on Saturday, so hopefully I like what I see!

User avatar
sialeeds
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:47 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby sialeeds » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:39 pm

Holly Madison wrote:
J-Rod wrote:I'm just saying drop-kicking a cat Doug Flutie style every once in a while might not be a bad idea, just to remind the species who's boss . . .


banned from our place. sorry.


It's okay, my dog is an excellent guard dog. He will defend your cat's honor.

User avatar
J-Rod
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:00 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby J-Rod » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:48 am

Image

melbelle
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:29 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby melbelle » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:23 am

MissVirginia wrote: Yeah, it looks like loans from here on out. As for the amount of loans, the amount might be affected by EFC- I'm not sure. (Does EFC via Fafsa affect the amount of loans Virginia will offer, like will they subtract EFC from estimated cost of attendance and then offer the rest in loans?)


I believe FAFSA EFC just impacts whether a portion of your loans will be subsidized (e.g., cost of attendance > EFC = subsidized loan eligibility). Most aid packages that I've seen simply assume that your EFC will be paid using loans.

User avatar
MissVirginia
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:21 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby MissVirginia » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:34 am

Thanks for the clarification!

User avatar
sialeeds
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:47 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Postby sialeeds » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:58 am

Ahhhh, the Woodlands (two bedrooms) are filling up!!! Stress stress stress!

User avatar
Holly Madison
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:58 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Postby Holly Madison » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:45 pm

sialeeds wrote:Ahhhh, the Woodlands (two bedrooms) are filling up!!! Stress stress stress!


didn't you already submit an app?

User avatar
sialeeds
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:47 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Postby sialeeds » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:48 pm

Holly Madison wrote:
sialeeds wrote:Ahhhh, the Woodlands (two bedrooms) are filling up!!! Stress stress stress!


didn't you already submit an app?


Yeah, but they never got it, so I resubmitted and called today to confirm that they got it. They're just checking out my credit (which is good) then we'll proceed from there... she just warned me that there aren't a lot of 2 bedrooms left :/ I'd consider splitting a 3 bedroom 2-ways and turning the 3rd bedroom into a study, that actually wouldn't be too much more ($825 per person -- what I am paying here in Bmore). But argh, utilities :(

User avatar
Holly Madison
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:58 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Postby Holly Madison » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:53 pm

i definitely wouldn't mind the 3BR split with study... i think i would almost prefer it! but either way :)

User avatar
sialeeds
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:47 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Postby sialeeds » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:56 pm

Holly Madison wrote:i definitely wouldn't mind the 3BR split with study... i think i would almost prefer it! but either way :)


I know, it's actually sounding better and better... but I don't want to do that unless you co-signed the lease. I don't think too many people would want to do that, so I'd get stuck trying to find another roommate, but it won't be bad trying to find another roommate for a 2br.

So Holly... SEND IN YOUR SEAT DEPOSIT AND COME TO UVA!!!

cantwaitforuva
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Postby cantwaitforuva » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:03 pm

sialeeds wrote:
Holly Madison wrote:i definitely wouldn't mind the 3BR split with study... i think i would almost prefer it! but either way :)


I know, it's actually sounding better and better... but I don't want to do that unless you co-signed the lease. I don't think too many people would want to do that, so I'd get stuck trying to find another roommate, but it won't be bad trying to find another roommate for a 2br.

So Holly... SEND IN YOUR SEAT DEPOSIT AND COME TO UVA!!!


I think splitting the 3BR between 2 people is a good idea. Sorry, I'd go in on it with you, but I really want my own place. :(

User avatar
tkm.
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Postby tkm. » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:19 pm

yeah Holly, send in the deposit already!





actually I'm a slacker and only sent it today

User avatar
RudyGay
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:44 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Postby RudyGay » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:42 pm

i am very excited that we finally signed our lease today. its a house about 5 minutes from the law school i think. already promising a few parties there cause its awesome an dhas a sweet yard

User avatar
sialeeds
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:47 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Postby sialeeds » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:45 pm

RudyGay wrote:i am very excited that we finally signed our lease today. its a house about 5 minutes from the law school i think. already promising a few parties there cause its awesome an dhas a sweet yard


Congrats! That must be such a weight off your shoulders to be 100% sure where you're living next year. I'll be sure to hit up some of your promised parties :)

User avatar
Wellsfargowagon
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:12 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Postby Wellsfargowagon » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:48 pm

Holly! Send your deposit like these fine people are telling you to do! Rudy: congrats on your lease signing! Woooo!

:: trips and spills martini ::

cantwaitforuva
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Postby cantwaitforuva » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:55 am

Wellsfargowagon wrote:Holly! Send your deposit like these fine people are telling you to do! Rudy: congrats on your lease signing! Woooo!

:: trips and spills martini ::


Martini, how classy. Please tell me you like it stirred.

User avatar
aguyingeorgia
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:09 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Postby aguyingeorgia » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:12 am

Wait. I didn't know there were going to be martinis. This changes everything.

User avatar
Wellsfargowagon
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:12 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Postby Wellsfargowagon » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:36 am

cantwaitforuva wrote:Martini, how classy. Please tell me you like it stirred.


Gin, fresh from the freezer, stirred with ice with a shake or two to get just a few ice crystals on top and poured into a glass swirled with a little vermouth. Basically the strongest martini imaginable.

Reminds me of what Jed Bartlet had to say on the shaken-not-stirred slogan: "James Bond was ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

User avatar
Wellsfargowagon
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:12 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Postby Wellsfargowagon » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:39 am

aguyingeorgia wrote:Wait. I didn't know there were going to be martinis. This changes everything.


My very first UVA Law visit involved a martini party... and Street Fighter II, I think.

cantwaitforuva
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Postby cantwaitforuva » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:43 am

Wellsfargowagon wrote:
cantwaitforuva wrote:Martini, how classy. Please tell me you like it stirred.


Gin, fresh from the freezer, stirred with ice with a shake or two to get just a few ice crystals on top and poured into a glass swirled with a little vermouth. Basically the strongest martini imaginable.

Reminds me of what Jed Bartlet had to say on the shaken-not-stirred slogan: "James Bond was ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."


Shaking "bruises" the gin. I pour the vermouth into the shaker so it coats the ice cubes, then pour it out, then add the gin and give it a stir - that way you have a light kiss of vermouth.

One of the reasons Bond likes his shaken, not stirred is that he's not drinking a gin martini, he's drinking a martini that is a mix of both gin and vodka. And vodka martinis are shaken.

And thank god someone else likes gin, i'm tired of this vodka martini crap. Not so much that people drink vodka martinis, but I hate it that if i were to order a martini in most bars and I didn't say "gin" i'd probably get vodka.

cantwaitforuva
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Postby cantwaitforuva » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:01 pm

Wells, do you like Hendrick's?

User avatar
aguyingeorgia
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:09 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Postby aguyingeorgia » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:04 pm

Wellsfargowagon wrote:
aguyingeorgia wrote:Wait. I didn't know there were going to be martinis. This changes everything.


My very first UVA Law visit involved a martini party... and Street Fighter II, I think.


No one said anything about Street Fighter!
Wow!

User avatar
sialeeds
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:47 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Postby sialeeds » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:06 pm

Maybe we should feed the stereotypes some more and create the "UVA Class of 2011 Drinking Thread" ;)

I personally am a whiskey/rum kind of gal. Vodka tends to make me sick, and tequila tends to make me sicker (although I enjoy margaritas). And I don't have too much experience with gin, but the experiences I've had have been positive?




Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest