University of Virginia School of Law 2011

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
User avatar
J-Rod
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:00 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby J-Rod » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:38 pm

Most college kids go drinking down at The Corner. There are a couple bars downtown, I think X-Lounge is one of them


And I have seen a few hobos . . . but none that had just shit themselves, and I haven't been hassled by drug dealers either. They were probably just hoping you'd pull out your wallet so that they could grab it and run

User avatar
rayallen20
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby rayallen20 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:48 pm

Yeah, I figured they were just trying to rob me. Very interesting experience, though. Is the Corner near University Ave.? We live in Avemore so I'm not too familiar with the downtown area too much. We're kind of isolated out here and never have to go outside of a 2 mile radius to get anything.

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby gladiator » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:50 pm

The Corner is on University Ave after you pass the Rotunda going east. It's the shops, restaurants, and bars essentially lining the north side of the street.

Downtown Mall is weird in that it's supposed to be nice but it also seems to attract the weirdos sometimes. Thankfully the grounds (campus) area doesn't seem to attract those types (except for the crazy students who unfortunately can't be avoided).

User avatar
rayallen20
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby rayallen20 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:55 pm

OK wow, that's a relief. I thought the downtown mall was the primary spot for nightlife in Charlottesville. We'll have to check out the Corner.

jdrian
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:15 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby jdrian » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:00 pm

Hey guys... some of us are meeting at the Paramount downtown at 7:00 to check out this concert. Afterwards we are probably going out... so feel free to meet up with us

Josh

Wahoo99
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:02 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby Wahoo99 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:35 pm

doublehoo22 wrote:the list:

J-Rod
greygoose
bamabreeze
triadolpho
triadolpho's lady friend
nymets2011
the1dukegirl
Gooner
OnceLost, Ms. OnceLost, the little 'Losts.
sialeeds
kwatlington
BunB
Khordis
rsr28
ouva
tkm
rach2828
breanne
gillespiea23
wesleybs
MarkTwain +1
lets-go-p-s-u
Waterman +2
doublehoo22 (50%)
Wahoo99

Brady2Moss
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:37 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby Brady2Moss » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:39 pm

Great idea! Thanks

doublehoo22 wrote:the list:

J-Rod
greygoose
bamabreeze
triadolpho
triadolpho's lady friend
nymets2011
the1dukegirl
Gooner
OnceLost, Ms. OnceLost, the little 'Losts.
sialeeds
kwatlington
BunB
Khordis
rsr28
ouva
tkm
rach2828
breanne
gillespiea23
wesleybs
MarkTwain +1
lets-go-p-s-u
Waterman +2
doublehoo22 (50%)
Wahoo99
Brady2Moss

satchelGD
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:06 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby satchelGD » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:14 pm

the list:

J-Rod
greygoose
bamabreeze
triadolpho
triadolpho's lady friend
nymets2011
the1dukegirl
Gooner
OnceLost, Ms. OnceLost, the little 'Losts.
sialeeds
kwatlington
BunB
Khordis
rsr28
ouva
tkm
rach2828
breanne
gillespiea23
wesleybs
MarkTwain +1
lets-go-p-s-u
Waterman +2
doublehoo22 (50%)
Wahoo99
Brady2Moss
satchelGD

User avatar
OnceLost
Posts: 186
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:16 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby OnceLost » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:07 pm

Sorry, rayallen, no fecally-inclined residentially-impaired for me. We went from 5:30 to 6:45, though, so maybe you caught an early bird special.

CowboyDude86
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:45 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby CowboyDude86 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:52 pm

Hey all. Long time lurker, first time poster. I don't get in until next weekend, but I know one of the 2Ls, and I asked him for bar recommendations. He told me that there are kind of two "law school" bars. Buddhist Biker is traditionally the law school bar, but I guess a lot of 2Ls go to Biltmore as well. They have $2 pitchers on Tuesdays, too. Yummy. He also said Coupe's was good, but it tends to get very undergrady during the year. He said a bunch of the 2Ls should be at Biltmore and Buddhist Biker this weekend, so thought I'd give y'all the heads up if you wanted to meet some of them. Wish I could come party this weekend!

triadolpho
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:54 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby triadolpho » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:00 pm

CowboyDude86 wrote:Hey all. Long time lurker, first time poster. I don't get in until next weekend, but I know one of the 2Ls, and I asked him for bar recommendations. He told me that there are kind of two "law school" bars. Buddhist Biker is traditionally the law school bar, but I guess a lot of 2Ls go to Biltmore as well. They have $2 pitchers on Tuesdays, too. Yummy. He also said Coupe's was good, but it tends to get very undergrady during the year. He said a bunch of the 2Ls should be at Biltmore and Buddhist Biker this weekend, so thought I'd give y'all the heads up if you wanted to meet some of them. Wish I could come party this weekend!


$2 pitchers are ridiculous. I'm sold.

User avatar
J-Rod
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:00 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby J-Rod » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:23 am

triadolpho wrote:
CowboyDude86 wrote:Hey all. Long time lurker, first time poster. I don't get in until next weekend, but I know one of the 2Ls, and I asked him for bar recommendations. He told me that there are kind of two "law school" bars. Buddhist Biker is traditionally the law school bar, but I guess a lot of 2Ls go to Biltmore as well. They have $2 pitchers on Tuesdays, too. Yummy. He also said Coupe's was good, but it tends to get very undergrady during the year. He said a bunch of the 2Ls should be at Biltmore and Buddhist Biker this weekend, so thought I'd give y'all the heads up if you wanted to meet some of them. Wish I could come party this weekend!


$2 pitchers are ridiculous. I'm sold.


we've already found $2 pitchers on Tues. Wed. and Thurs. So we're covered!

Da Stain
Posts: 520
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:50 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby Da Stain » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:39 am

Thought I'd pop in and say hello from Ireland with my remaining 2 minutes of internet time. Having a blast although it looks like a lot of you have been having fun without me. I'll be down in C-ville on Wednesday I think so try not to tire yourselves out before my arrival :P

-The Artist Formerly Known as Major Payne

kwatlington
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby kwatlington » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:19 am

Hi All!

So it sounds like some people are interested in going to a winery... How about tomorrow at 2 PM? We can meet at Ivy and head out from there. Just let me know how many people are interested so I can call ahead and we can figure out carpooling. I can fit three more people in my car. Also if anyone has a preference on a vineyard please let me know. Thanks!

the1dukegirl
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:01 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby the1dukegirl » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:59 pm

kwatlington wrote:Hi All!

So it sounds like some people are interested in going to a winery... How about tomorrow at 2 PM? We can meet at Ivy and head out from there. Just let me know how many people are interested so I can call ahead and we can figure out carpooling. I can fit three more people in my car. Also if anyone has a preference on a vineyard please let me know. Thanks!



I'll go tomorrow if that's what a lot of people prefer, but it might be cool to do a tour and not just the tasting, which means we need to go on a weekday. What about Wednesday afternoon? I don't know which ones are best, but Sugarleaf, First Colony, and Kluge Estate seem to be the closest to us. (I've been to Pollak and Veritas so I'd prefer to go to different ones if possible!)

User avatar
OnceLost
Posts: 186
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:16 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby OnceLost » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:23 pm

There's one about 5 miles up Barracks Road from 29 - I don't remember the name, but I pass the "Vineyard - 3 miles" sign every time I come home.

User avatar
Wellsfargowagon
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:12 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby Wellsfargowagon » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:38 pm

I'd also suggest adding Keswick and Barboursville vineyards to the list.

User avatar
OnceLost
Posts: 186
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:16 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby OnceLost » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:48 pm

Barboursville makes an incredible Sangiovese; no tannin, very little oak, excellent spice and fruit flavor!

wesleybs
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:53 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby wesleybs » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:40 pm

Just finished moving into Avemore! Stealing a nieghbor's internet for the next 24 hours or so. If anyone wants to hang out, send me a pm.

User avatar
SteelersandGators
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:23 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby SteelersandGators » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:42 pm

So jealous of everyone there already....I'll be leaving Tuesday and get there on Wednesday.

For all Avemore residents, how does everyone like it?

User avatar
rayallen20
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby rayallen20 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:56 pm

Avemore's great. Me and my fiance have been here for two weeks. Everything is around the complex (Food, Grocery, Gas) so you don't have to venture downtown if you don't want to. For all my fellow Avemore people that are here: where have you guys been?? I'm usually by the pool or at the gym. PM me and we'll get together

satchelGD
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:06 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby satchelGD » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:06 pm

anyone wanna play some basketball or hit baseballs tomorrow? PM me. i live at barracks and buckingham.

kwatlington
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby kwatlington » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:33 pm

Hi All!

I would love to go to a winery during the week, but my fiance has to work... but seeing as there are so many wineries, I think multiple trips are in order!! :) We still plan on going tomorrow, though if anyone is interested. We are planning on going to King Family Vineyards (link below). There is a tasting room and some food there, but you can bring your own food and have a picnic out on there patio area. Just let me know if your are interested and we can meet at Ivy at 2.


--LinkRemoved--

User avatar
rayallen20
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby rayallen20 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:39 pm

satchelGD wrote:anyone wanna play some basketball or hit baseballs tomorrow? PM me. i live at barracks and buckingham.


I've been dying to play some basketball since I've been here. But Avemore doesn't have any hoops and we don't get gym access for a few weeks. Where could we play?

User avatar
MissVirginia
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:21 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby MissVirginia » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:22 pm

If tradition holds, sections will all also have a wine-tasting trip in the first week or so of school; so everyone should have an opportunity to vineyard-visit soon, even if they can't make a gathering this week.

BLSA is having a trip to Sugarleaf Vineyards (which is owned by UVA alums) this Saturday, and I imagine other orgs do the same. One can't really have too much wine. :wink:




Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest