University of Virginia School of Law 2011

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
ubuntu
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby ubuntu » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:16 pm

gladiator wrote:
ubuntu wrote:hey all!

like sia, i went away for a few days (to lovely cape cod) with the bf and come back to ... a total sausage fest. sorry to abandon you there, cantwait (and i'm excited about your wrap dress!! what color?)

soooo hi! i just caught up on 7 pages of posts. i'm a little tired now. might need a nap.


Was so bored at work without you to talk to....it's gonna be a long month when you're in SA. You other people have to get on AIM/Gchat during the day to entertain me.



sorry!! i forgot to tell you i was taking a few days off, hahaha. :(

cantwaitforuva
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby cantwaitforuva » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:09 pm

gladiator wrote:Was so bored at work without you to talk to....it's gonna be a long month when you're in SA. You other people have to get on AIM/Gchat during the day to entertain me.


Will do. PM me your screen name.

cantwaitforuva
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby cantwaitforuva » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:14 pm

For those of you in DC, drink plenty of water this weekend. The heat index will be 105 on Saturday and 110 on Sunday and Monday. Gross!

User avatar
hokiefan
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:41 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby hokiefan » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:23 pm

SgtBilko wrote:Is there any reason you talk about UVA in the 3rd person as if you won't now be more a Cavalier than you've ever been a Hokie? :P

I loved St. John's hoops growing up, but I dropped that shit quick when I went to G'Town.


Guess I'm a self-hating Hoo?

cantwaitforuva
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby cantwaitforuva » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:01 pm

Any DCers wanna go out tonight? Jordan and I are gonna go to a latin club.

shadowfish
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 7:09 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby shadowfish » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:09 pm

cantwaitforuva wrote:For those of you in DC, drink plenty of water this weekend. The heat index will be 105 on Saturday and 110 on Sunday and Monday. Gross!

It's 52 and raining where I live. I hate Seattle. HATE.

On a happier note, today was my last day of school!

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby gladiator » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:20 pm

cantwaitforuva wrote:Any DCers wanna go out tonight? Jordan and I are gonna go to a latin club.


Who is Jordan?

User avatar
aguyingeorgia
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:09 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby aguyingeorgia » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:35 pm

I'm not saying NYU is making me feel like I should be going to UVA...

But when NYU matches me with a roomie who is actually going to UVA... it seems to be a sign!!!

I hope you are all well and having great summers!

satchelGD
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:06 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby satchelGD » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:39 pm

I'm not saying NYU is making me feel like I should be going to UVA...

But when NYU matches me with a roomie who is actually going to UVA... it seems to be a sign!!!


That was me. Really random, but I suppose NYU hadn't received my housing cancellation request yet, and they ended up pairing me with aguyingeorgia.

About the most random thing ever. Luckily, you're in Mercer aguy.

satchelGD
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:06 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby satchelGD » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:40 pm

cantwaitforuva wrote:
gladiator wrote:Was so bored at work without you to talk to....it's gonna be a long month when you're in SA. You other people have to get on AIM/Gchat during the day to entertain me.


Will do. PM me your screen name.


same, im generally pretty bored at work. maybe we can just get a group chat going.

User avatar
aguyingeorgia
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:09 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby aguyingeorgia » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:10 am

satchelGD wrote:
I'm not saying NYU is making me feel like I should be going to UVA...

But when NYU matches me with a roomie who is actually going to UVA... it seems to be a sign!!!


That was me. Really random, but I suppose NYU hadn't received my housing cancellation request yet, and they ended up pairing me with aguyingeorgia.

About the most random thing ever. Luckily, you're in Mercer aguy.


That god for TLS bringing us together, only to have our schools tear us apart.

*turns on sad music and lights a candle*

cantwaitforuva
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby cantwaitforuva » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:39 pm

gladiator wrote:
cantwaitforuva wrote:Any DCers wanna go out tonight? Jordan and I are gonna go to a latin club.


Who is Jordan?


She was at one of the DC meet and greets.

User avatar
J-Rod
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:00 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby J-Rod » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:46 pm

aguyingeorgia wrote:
satchelGD wrote:
I'm not saying NYU is making me feel like I should be going to UVA...

But when NYU matches me with a roomie who is actually going to UVA... it seems to be a sign!!!


That was me. Really random, but I suppose NYU hadn't received my housing cancellation request yet, and they ended up pairing me with aguyingeorgia.

About the most random thing ever. Luckily, you're in Mercer aguy.


That god for TLS bringing us together, only to have our schools tear us apart.

*turns on sad music and lights a candle*


it's a sign . . . you should have come to UVA

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby gladiator » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:18 pm

Times set for first 3 UVA football games...

August 30 USC@UVA, 3:30 PM EST (ABC/ESPN2)
September 6 Richmond@UVA, 3:45 PM EST (ESPNU)
September 13 UVA@UConn, 7:30 PM EST (ESPNU)

Thanks for making the night game on the road while we languish in the heat. :roll:

User avatar
OnceLost
Posts: 186
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:16 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby OnceLost » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:19 pm

Is anyone else scanning the scholarships at Fastweb? Access Group is offering $10,000 for a sub-4 minute YouTube video titled "One Less Worry," or something of that nature. It kinda makes my camcorder finger itch...

greygoose
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:57 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby greygoose » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:35 pm

had dinner with a friend of mine yesterday who works at a V10 firm in nyc. he was talking about a deal that forced all the associates involved to stay in the office from monday till saturday. these individuals did not go home and slept in their office. so i'm just passing advice: enjoy your free time while you still can.

User avatar
OnceLost
Posts: 186
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:16 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby OnceLost » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:07 pm

I hope their office has a shower.

ubuntu
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby ubuntu » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:40 pm

phew. i just finished teaching my fourth and final powerscore weekend course. i'm pooped. but now i have my weekends back! :mrgreen:

triadolpho
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:54 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby triadolpho » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:51 pm

I just finished up the least productive week of my life. Slept until noon+ everyday, ate, ran, played video games, and watched movies. It's rather disgusting.

I need to find some sort of constructive hobby for while my friends are at work. Suggestions?

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby gladiator » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:55 pm

Get a job ya slacker, those burgers aren't going to flip themselves.

triadolpho
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:54 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby triadolpho » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:00 pm

Haha. Fast-food service <<<<< boredom/sloth.

Although, I might have to break down and get some sort of job.

User avatar
J-Rod
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:00 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby J-Rod » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:05 pm

--ImageRemoved--

That's what I did with my day. A big S2000 meet in central IL. About 25 s2k's, a new vette, an RUF Porsche, single turbo supra, etc.

Oh, and I've decided to skip law school, and go back to being a sponsored racing driver. Schumacher never spent a day in open-wheel racing before testing for F1, I figure I'm just gonna follow in his footsteps.

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby gladiator » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:08 pm

triadolpho wrote:Haha. Fast-food service <<<<< boredom/sloth.

Although, I might have to break down and get some sort of job.


Go to a temp agency, that's what I did.

User avatar
sialeeds
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:47 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby sialeeds » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:09 pm

It's next to impossible to get a job for just the summer, unless you've worked at the place before. One summer I was desperate, so I worked at a daycare camp. Since then, I've given up. It's easier for me to get into law school than it is to get a job at Olive Garden... they didn't seem to understand the concept of working in the summer and then leaving for school in the fall. They were like, "So in the fall you're going to drive down from Baltimore every day for work?" Uhhh, no. Plus, if you're going to have a short term job, then say goodbye to any type of vacation...

Enjoy your last summer of freedom!!! After this, we'll have summer associate positions and whatnot...

cantwaitforuva
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby cantwaitforuva » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:17 pm

sialeeds wrote:It's next to impossible to get a job for just the summer, unless you've worked at the place before. One summer I was desperate, so I worked at a daycare camp. Since then, I've given up. It's easier for me to get into law school than it is to get a job at Olive Garden... they didn't seem to understand the concept of working in the summer and then leaving for school in the fall. They were like, "So in the fall you're going to drive down from Baltimore every day for work?" Uhhh, no. Plus, if you're going to have a short term job, then say goodbye to any type of vacation...

Enjoy your last summer of freedom!!! After this, we'll have summer associate positions and whatnot...


I agree - enjoy the summer - it's your last one.

But the summer job thing isn't necessarily true. It depends on where you live. Finding something in DC isn't that hard.




Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest