University of Virginia School of Law 2011

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
J-Rod

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Postby J-Rod » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:33 am

breanne2011 wrote:what happened to our thread?? Can we talk about Gossip Girl or something again?

No . . . but we can talk college football . . . it's only 3 months away!!

gladiator

Postby gladiator » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:23 am

J-Rod wrote:
breanne2011 wrote:what happened to our thread?? Can we talk about Gossip Girl or something again?

In Peter we trust....because we have no other choice.

Da Stain

Postby Da Stain » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:34 am

Somehow I don't think he'll have as much time to throw against USC as he did there against Duke....

hokiefan

Postby hokiefan » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:19 am

gladiator wrote:
J-Rod wrote:

In Peter we trust....because we have no other choice.

I trust Peter will be able to lead Virginia right back to Boise! Maybe this time they can win.

sialeeds

Postby sialeeds » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:52 am

Hmm. Trip to Birmingham/Memphis and then no power all day yesterday, and this is what I find: the boys have taken over!

Welcome to the newcomers :)

And Breanne... I think the problem is that there is NO TV on anymore. It's tragic, actually. And I missed Top Chef last night due to power outages... the only show I watch that's still on. Boo...

Also, got my login info for law web, so I've been poking around there :)

Da Stain

Postby Da Stain » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:53 am

Also, got my login info for law web, so I've been poking around there

Do tell.....

Wellsfargowagon

Postby Wellsfargowagon » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:05 am

SgtBilko wrote:
Also, got my login info for law web, so I've been poking around there

Do tell.....

Got mine too. Been similarly poking around, particularly the OGI and employment pages, which confirm conventional wisdom that few UVA grads will have difficulty finding a well-paying job.

shadowfish

Postby shadowfish » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:45 am

I was really excited when I thought our sections were up...then I realized they were last year's :(

hokiefan

Postby hokiefan » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:49 am

How did you all get your logins?

rayallen20

Postby rayallen20 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:52 am

Finals start tonight baby!!!! Go Celtics!

P.S. What else can I do besides get a VA license, Plates, Car Insurance, Bank Account, and register to vote to help ensure VA residency for my last 2 years????

CaptainDirtyBird

Postby CaptainDirtyBird » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:56 am

rayallen20 wrote:Finals start tonight baby!!!! Go Celtics!

P.S. What else can I do besides get a VA license, Plates, Car Insurance, Bank Account, and register to vote to help ensure VA residency for my last 2 years????

Marry a local?

goDores06

Postby goDores06 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:58 am

They said at the preview day that you basically can't become a resident in the school's eyes. That is, you will never get the 5k break in tuition.

They did say that marrying an employed VA resident can change your status, but otherwise UVA will always charge you the full amount.

The Commonwealth on the other hand will be glad to accept your taxes from summer employment. :D

nipplehead

Postby nipplehead » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:58 am

greygoose wrote:out of pure curiosity, how do people root for college teams they don't attend? i guess family connection, etc.?

when you grow up in southern california you either are a UCLA or a USC fan.........there's no other choices, unless your parents are Notre Dame alums or something. then, when you go to a college consisting of 1,000 students and division 3 sports, you really have no incentive to abandon your fanship of USC........

nipplehead

Postby nipplehead » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:59 am

satchelGD wrote:
nipplehead wrote:haha c'mon now, hate on SC all you want, but not Pete

that guy is such a good dude. he's saving inner city kids left and right.

and fuck that i am NOT watching that video again. at first i was afraid it was the UT/USC video though - that one is worse.

i just crack on pete carroll for the fun of it. you're right, its rampant everywhere. the big-time college coaches are under such immense pressure, it's not surprising that they either resort to these things or turn a blind eye on it all.

what's wrong with the UT/USC video? that was the greatest game of all time. even if USC had held on, i would pay that game its respect.

if USC wasn't the Yankees/Red Sox of college football for ESPN, i wouldnt dislike them so much. its an impressive program, i just get tired of hearing how impressive.

true, it was a classic.....but it's like how Yankees fans can't talk or see the 2004 WS again.......as great as it was for non-fans, it was a brutal stomach punch for the fans of the losers. WHY COULDN'T YOU PICK UP THE 4TH AND 2, LENDALE?

gladiator

Postby gladiator » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:35 pm

out of pure curiosity, how do people root for college teams they don't attend? i guess family connection, etc.?

I root for the UGA football without any connection to UGA whatsoever. I just like Richt and the players. I liked Miami pre-Kyle Wright also. USC (both South Carolina and Southern California), NC State, Oklahoma, and Alabama are on my shit list.

I'm bored at work so I'm gonna go too far and list out all the teams...

My preferred standings:
SEC West- LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Mississippi State, Alabama
SEC East- Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, South Carolina
SEC Title- Georgia over LSU
ACC Atlantic- Boston College, Maryland, Florida State, Wake Forest, Clemson, NC State
ACC Coastal- Virginia, Miami, UNC, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Duke
ACC Title- Virginia over Boston College
PAC 10- UCLA, Oregon, Cal, Oregon State, Arizona, Arizona State, Stanford, Washington State, Washington, USC
Big 12 North- Missouri, Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa State, Kansas State
Big 12 South- Texas, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Baylor, Texas A & M, Oklahoma
Big 12 Title- Texas over Missouri
Big 10- Ohio State, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Purdue, Iowa, Penn State, Northwestern, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota
Big East- Rutgers, South Florida, Louisville, Connecticut, Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Syracuse, Cincinnati

That was a nice waste of 15 minutes.

shadowfish

Postby shadowfish » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:54 pm

hokiefan wrote:How did you all get your logins?

Mine was in my Virginia email following payment of my 2nd deposit.

Da Stain

Postby Da Stain » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:03 pm

Yep. If you haven't created your UVA e-mail account yet, do that and it will be in there.

hokiefan

Postby hokiefan » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:13 pm

out of pure curiosity, how do people root for college teams they don't attend? i guess family connection, etc.?

I lived in Blacksburg, VA for my entire life and had attended every Virginia Tech home game for 13 years up until when I went to college. Both of my parents also went to Virginia Tech.

MissVirginia

Postby MissVirginia » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:14 pm

shadowfish wrote:Mine was in my Virginia email following payment of my 2nd deposit.
(And for some of us, after our first deposit.) Hokiefan, have you already looked yourself up at Virginia.edu in the people search and activated your email account?
Last edited by MissVirginia on Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cantwaitforuva

Postby cantwaitforuva » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:41 pm

brittanyg wrote:I will be there on Saturday too. Let me make sure my family has no plans for me and I will send you my number. I would love to go out. Straight also.

haha. sounds good.

cantwaitforuva

Postby cantwaitforuva » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:46 pm

well we did hijack it with girly stuff before so they're getting back at us with sports. Makeup, shoes, purses... say something quick!! :D

cantwaitforuva

Postby cantwaitforuva » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:48 pm

sialeeds wrote:Hmm. Trip to Birmingham/Memphis and then no power all day yesterday, and this is what I find: the boys have taken over!

Welcome to the newcomers :)

And Breanne... I think the problem is that there is NO TV on anymore. It's tragic, actually. And I missed Top Chef last night due to power outages... the only show I watch that's still on. Boo...

Also, got my login info for law web, so I've been poking around there :)

It was a travesty of justice!!!!! We were screaming we were so upset. Consider yourself warned for when you watch the repeat.

hokiefan

Postby hokiefan » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:16 pm

(And for some of us, after our first deposit.) Hokiefan, have you already looked yourself up at Virginia.edu in the people search and activated your email account?

I got my login now. I created my email acount a while ago but overlooked the email that had the login info in it.

Da Stain

Postby Da Stain » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:18 pm

cantwaitforuva wrote:

well we did hijack it with girly stuff before so they're getting back at us with sports. Makeup, shoes, purses... say something quick!! :D

Awwww hell no! This is man-town right now.

sialeeds

Postby sialeeds » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:27 pm

I'm an Alabama fan because of my boyfriend (if you live in Alabama, you're an Alabama or an Auburn fan... and why would you want to be an Auburn fan????), and because I can't argue with the fact that they're the most historically successful football team of all time.

Gladiator, what's with hating Alabama? Just because you like Georgia and Alabama >>>>>>> Georgia????

Cantwait -- if Richard was eliminated, I will be furious. I hate freakin' Lisa. And I wanted a Richard vs. Dale finale... waaaaah :(

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”