University of Virginia School of Law 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
SteelersandGators

New

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by SteelersandGators » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:34 pm

Hey Rudy Gay, I just wanted to let you know that I was very impressed with you when I saw you play the Magic in person. I think you had a career night against us....something like 35 points. I shouldn't have picked that game to go to....I figured playing the Grizzlies was a sure win.

But anyways, I went to Knoxville two years ago when UF played there. Had a really great time there....just another Saturday in the SEC. Also was treated surprisingly well there....although there were the usual jerks that every fanbase has. But overall a very good experience.

IvyGardenHero

New

Post by IvyGardenHero » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:36 pm

No Idea how to quote properly, I'll give it a go anyway... If this comes out horribly wrong, can someone let me know how to do this?
also the guys that were thinking about playing ball come fall, how are you maintaining your skills?
Most important part of summer. Games to 100 every Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday--now that the Pittsburgh humidity is kicking in it's getting rough. I'm hoping there's a strong evening hooping group at North Grounds so we don't have to make the trek to the AFC and play with the ugrads.

Speaking of Pittsburgh, Go Pens!

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:38 pm

greygoose wrote:
satchelGD wrote:bold (see: biased) prediction: dj augustin is the next chris paul.

also, am i going to be disappointed by intramurals at UVA? was just looking at the IM website and it seems so small.
gladiator went to uva for undergrad and he told me IM is huge there. i'm looking forward to softball, bball, football.
I did? Haha.

Umm...softball is a pretty big deal for law students. As for football and basketball, it's good though I wouldn't go so far to say it's "huge."

SteelersandGators

New

Post by SteelersandGators » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:42 pm

IvyGardenHero wrote: Speaking of Pittsburgh, Go Pens!
Go Pens! and Go Steelers! and Go........Pirates :oops:

nipplehead

Bronze

Post by nipplehead » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:52 pm

RudyGay wrote:
satchelGD wrote:im going to retreat, since i have this feeling there are a lot more SEC'ers around these parts than Big XII.

also, ill walk with you so people can give weird looks to the guy with the terrier in a Gay jersey walking next to the guy with a Great Dane in a Pujols jersey... (think about it.)

if the grizzlies draft kevin love this year, I am making my roommate get a love jersey. that could stop some traffic. i thought gay standing next to love would be immaturely funny enough.
haha......that'd be almost as good as when this happened during the WVU/OU bowl game

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

brittanyg

New

Post by brittanyg » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:05 pm

I didn't know you were "the Rudy Gay" I am greatly impressed. I love basketball. You are the Uconn and Memphis Rudy Gay.

brittanyg

New

Post by brittanyg » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:26 pm

I am new to this site is Rudy Gay really going to be living in C'ville.

SteelersandGators

New

Post by SteelersandGators » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:30 pm

No it's not Rudy Gay himself. That's just his username.

I was just joking about that really being him....sorry if I confused you and got your hopes up :(

brittanyg

New

Post by brittanyg » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:32 pm

Now I feel stupid.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SteelersandGators

New

Post by SteelersandGators » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:34 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't worry about it...we won't judge you!!

greygoose

Bronze

Post by greygoose » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:35 pm

gladiator wrote:
greygoose wrote:
satchelGD wrote:bold (see: biased) prediction: dj augustin is the next chris paul.

also, am i going to be disappointed by intramurals at UVA? was just looking at the IM website and it seems so small.
gladiator went to uva for undergrad and he told me IM is huge there. i'm looking forward to softball, bball, football.
I did? Haha.

Umm...softball is a pretty big deal for law students. As for football and basketball, it's good though I wouldn't go so far to say it's "huge."
i was under the impression these schools had a big IM life...my bad.

rudy gay is too busy crying about how terrible his team is...

brittanyg

New

Post by brittanyg » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:40 pm

Thank you. I feel better at not being judged for being so gullible.

satchelGD

New

Post by satchelGD » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:42 pm

ah, was really hoping for a big IM scene. theyre huge at Texas. looking forward to football, basketball, soccer, softball, and volleyball.

im up for some once or twice a week basketball on the north grounds. we'll have to get a group together when people start moving up there.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

IvyGardenHero

New

Post by IvyGardenHero » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:55 pm

Steelers and Gators,

Nothing ruins my day like mentioning the sad fate of my favorite franchise... the Pittsburgh Pirates. If there is any good in this world we'll see a winning season before Sid the Kid is an old man.

By the way, UVA intramural sports is really top notch. Highlights of the year are Fall 3 on 3 Hoops and Flag Football and Winter/Spring Co-ed Volleyball and Floor Hockey. North Grounds Softball of course speaks for itself.

SteelersandGators

New

Post by SteelersandGators » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:49 pm

IvyGardenHero,

If it makes you feel any better, at least we have an awesome stadium! And Primanti Bros...

OldBlue

New

Post by OldBlue » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:37 pm

nipplehead wrote: haha......that'd be almost as good as when this happened during the WVU/OU bowl game

LOL Nip; including quotes, that's the fourth time that photo has been posted in this thread. which just goes to show what a giant clusterf*ck this thread has become.

and stick a fork in Carroll, he's done (at USC). I wouldn't be surprised if he's so checked out he hands the opener to us.

And yeah, coats and sundresses aside, Groh has really been pushing for a "sea of orange" at Scott.

nipplehead

Bronze

Post by nipplehead » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:49 pm

you'd like to think that, Blue, being that both your alma mater and your current school are both going to be smashed by Carroll and the juggernauts :wink:

can't keep Pete down!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

satchelGD

New

Post by satchelGD » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:53 pm

nipplehead wrote:you'd like to think that, Blue, being that both your alma mater and your current school are both going to be smashed by Carroll and the juggernauts :wink:

can't keep Pete down!
well, i'd be able to attract top recruits if i let them take hundreds of thousands of dollars while in school also.

nipplehead

Bronze

Post by nipplehead » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:57 pm

satchelGD wrote:
nipplehead wrote:you'd like to think that, Blue, being that both your alma mater and your current school are both going to be smashed by Carroll and the juggernauts :wink:

can't keep Pete down!
well, i'd be able to attract top recruits if i let them take hundreds of thousands of dollars while in school also.
let's be honest, that's how all the schools roll. ain't you seen Blue Chips? that movie is the NCAA recruiting Bible.

OldBlue

New

Post by OldBlue » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:00 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S3yul8G ... re=related

Enjoy, nip! I sure did.

Carroll was whining to the LAT the other day about how he can't go watch HS players under the Saban rule. If only he had an army of assistants... oh wait.

"Let me ask you coach, are you Southern Baptist or First Baptist? Cause Southern Baptists and First Baptists don´t get along too well in these parts."
"Well, [cough]...I´m First...baptist, of course."
"Thank the Lord, 'cause for a moment there I thought you were one of them."

Edited out of respect for Carroll.
Last edited by OldBlue on Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

nipplehead

Bronze

Post by nipplehead » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:02 pm

haha c'mon now, hate on SC all you want, but not Pete

that guy is such a good dude. he's saving inner city kids left and right.

and fuck that i am NOT watching that video again. at first i was afraid it was the UT/USC video though - that one is worse.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

satchelGD

New

Post by satchelGD » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:14 pm

nipplehead wrote:haha c'mon now, hate on SC all you want, but not Pete

that guy is such a good dude. he's saving inner city kids left and right.

and fuck that i am NOT watching that video again. at first i was afraid it was the UT/USC video though - that one is worse.
i just crack on pete carroll for the fun of it. you're right, its rampant everywhere. the big-time college coaches are under such immense pressure, it's not surprising that they either resort to these things or turn a blind eye on it all.

what's wrong with the UT/USC video? that was the greatest game of all time. even if USC had held on, i would pay that game its respect.

if USC wasn't the Yankees/Red Sox of college football for ESPN, i wouldnt dislike them so much. its an impressive program, i just get tired of hearing how impressive.

greygoose

Bronze

Post by greygoose » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:29 pm

out of pure curiosity, how do people root for college teams they don't attend? i guess family connection, etc.?

USCtrojan86

New

Post by USCtrojan86 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:48 pm

and stick a fork in Carroll, he's done (at USC). I wouldn't be surprised if he's so checked out he hands the opener to us.
Yes. This will definitely happen. :roll:

<insert massive ROFLCOPTER>

breanne2011

New

Post by breanne2011 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:08 am

what happened to our thread?? Can we talk about Gossip Girl or something again?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”