University of Virginia School of Law 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
sialeeds

Bronze

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by sialeeds » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:26 pm

J-Rod wrote:
aguyingeorgia wrote:Glad Holly is still welcome. HMPH.
she's prettier than you
I was going to say that!!!!

Have I mentioned lately how much I hate my thesis? I am one page away from meeting the lame, arbitrary new required page length, and then I am DONE. I refuse to add any more. I will edit for grammar and formatting, but that is IT. Screw it.

Da Stain

Bronze

Post by Da Stain » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:28 pm

aguyingeorgia wrote:Wow. Thanks for the burn on the previous page or so.

YIKES. :x :( :cry:
Nothing but love, Guy. I'm more than happy to attend/host the cookout in, say, early August. I for one am looking forward to having your NYU brilliance around via PM to find out answers so I can gun the shit out of the rest of these kids :P
Last edited by Da Stain on Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose

Bronze

Post by greygoose » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:28 pm

^sia, did you learn nothing from writing? BS IT ALL!

Holly Madison

Bronze

Post by Holly Madison » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:29 pm

aw you guys :oops:
i wish we could pick uva up and drop it in the middle of a major metropolis

aguyingeorgia

Silver

Post by aguyingeorgia » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:29 pm

The rest will suffer a quack attack.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

greygoose

Bronze

Post by greygoose » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:35 pm

--LinkRemoved--

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:38 pm

Holly Madison wrote:aw you guys :oops:
If it was I'd probably be attending Michigan or Duke.

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:58 pm

gladiator wrote:
I agree. One of the things I love about UVA is the location. I'm only 2 hours from DC. C-ville is beautiful, serene, and cheap. Not a bad place to spend three years. Plus I can get a bigger apt there, a garden, pumpkin patches, etc. It's perfect for me, but I understand that it's not for everyone.

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Thu May 01, 2008 12:12 am

gladiator wrote:
Agreed. Since we're all going to be lawyers, we have plenty of city life ahead of us... it will be nice to spend three years in a peaceful environment that we may never get the chance to return to until retirement :shock: Sociable, fun people and an excellent quality of life is what makes UVA so appealing to me... after all, the city is only a car ride away.

I AM DONE WITH THIS DAMN THESIS. In summary: hEleN iS sUpeR hAwT LoLz.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Thu May 01, 2008 12:19 am

Congrats, Sia!

nipplehead

Bronze

Post by nipplehead » Thu May 01, 2008 12:28 am

Bun B wrote:
nipplehead wrote:i feel you on that ubuntu

shit, i should get started on looking for housing at UVa, but i'm feeling rather lazy lately

i'm going to keep putting it off until i have no other choice
Nipplehead what apartment complexes are you interested in? JRod and I still need a 3rd in the Woodlands. Only pre-requisite is that you have to be down with a having a fully stocked bar.
i don't know much about the Woodlands. i know Ivy is kinda the go-to for 1Ls so i was leaning that way, but i'm open to anywhere.

and, let's be honest, i pretty much consider a fully stocked bar to be a necessity. seriously though, we should talk. i'm definitely open to joining you gentlemen if the situations fit.

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Thu May 01, 2008 1:01 am

cantwaitforuva wrote:Congrats, Sia!
Thanks!!!!

Actually, the Woodlands seems to be rivaling Ivy next year for the most social place -- a ton of 0L's have already signed there. I think it's conducive for better parties, between the theater and the amazing pools :)

Is anyone getting health insurance through UVA? I just found out today that I roll off of my mom's plan on August 5. This is abnormally bad because I will still be going to physical therapy then, I need to get my wisdom teeth pulled, and I wanted to start invisalign this summer. Ahhhh!

bamabreeze

Bronze

Post by bamabreeze » Thu May 01, 2008 1:35 am

I agree about The Woodlands :) (well, obviously, haha). I think the fact that it doesn't have an established reputation for popularity among 1Ls is because the first tenants moved in early last year. The website makes it clear that they're marketing themselves to us - not only does the big "only 8 minutes from North Grounds - click here for map!" link on the main page suggest that, but if you take a look at the other Woodlands properties in cities across the Southeast, and visit those websites, the company definitely does try to cater to students (which I think is so nice of them! - giving students upscale amenities at an affordable cost is like charity work!... well, sort of :))

And omg Sia, wisdom teeth!!! That was the worst experience of my life - only because I had a crazy surgeon and 2 of mine were impacted - I would definitely get that done way before you leave for UVA just in case, because it is really not fun for a while :( Also, from what I hear about student health insurance from undergrad classmates, it's actually pretty good... I don't know much but I've heard good things!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Thu May 01, 2008 2:01 am

bamabreeze wrote:I
And omg Sia, wisdom teeth!!! That was the worst experience of my life - only because I had a crazy surgeon and 2 of mine were impacted
My experience was terrible, too. Partly because I had it done so young (middle school), so they weren't anywhere near the top of my gums. They also pulled five other teeth, so I had nine total taken out. And I reacted poorly to anesthesia. All in all it took 9 hours.

Fun fact: I've only lost one tooth naturally, all the rest were pulled.

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Thu May 01, 2008 2:05 am

So i just stood outside for an hour because my building was evacuated. Apparently someone started a fire in the trash room and all the sprinklers went off and now the hall is flooded. At least it wasn't anything too bad. What pisses me off is no one gave us any info. I had to wait to ask someone what happened, and i was one of only 10 people they told. All residents are entitled to that info.

The Agitator

Bronze

Post by The Agitator » Thu May 01, 2008 8:20 am

Is anyone getting health insurance through UVA? I just found out today that I roll off of my mom's plan on August 5. This is abnormally bad because I will still be going to physical therapy then, I need to get my wisdom teeth pulled, and I wanted to start invisalign this summer. Ahhhh!
cantwaitforuva wrote: My experience was terrible, too. Partly because I had it done so young (middle school), so they weren't anywhere near the top of my gums. They also pulled five other teeth, so I had nine total taken out. And I reacted poorly to anesthesia. All in all it took 9 hours.
You should REALLY get that done soon. Getting them pulled won't hurt as badly since you're older; however, the issue is whether you want to spend 2-3 weeks during first semester F'ed-up on Vicodin! (This may make you a blast to hang out with but will probably affect your grades/studying).

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Thu May 01, 2008 9:14 am

Canwait, that sucks, I'm sorry :?

Agitator -- yeah, I want to get it done some time in June because they're actually starting to hurt as of a few days ago. But three weeks on Vicodin!?!?! Seriously!?!?! After my ACL-reconstruction in March, I managed to get off of Percocet in five days (well, I was down to one a day, only right before bed). Is pulling teeth really worse than having a someone saw into your leg????? :shock:

This is not my year, medically. Argh.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tkm.

Bronze

Post by tkm. » Thu May 01, 2008 9:17 am

After having my wisdom teeth pulled I really don't think that I was on Vicodin for more than 2 days. I did look like a chipmunk though!

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Thu May 01, 2008 9:20 am

tkm. wrote:After having my wisdom teeth pulled I really don't think that I was on Vicodin for more than 2 days. I did look like a chipmunk though!
My cousin had all four at once, she looked like a chipmunk too! I remember walking into the room, looking at her, then screaming. She was sitting there watching tv with blood all down her face and shirt, and she didn't even realize it because her mouth was so numb. Eeek!

tkm.

Bronze

Post by tkm. » Thu May 01, 2008 9:23 am

haha ew that must have been traumatic

ubuntu

Bronze

Post by ubuntu » Thu May 01, 2008 9:28 am

ugh wisdom teeth. bad time to figure out you have a terrible reaction to anesthesia. i woke up, threw up every 15 minutes for four or five hours....omg the memories. all four were impacted, and a month later my mouth was all swollen again because they LEFT PART OF THE TOOTH BEHIND.

haha sorry if the horror stories freak you out sia, i'm sure i'm a rarity.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

maxar334

New

Post by maxar334 » Thu May 01, 2008 9:43 am

@ Holly Madison

Along with probably most on this board, I agonized over the Georgetown-Virginia decision for weeks (my dad is a Hoya, and I live in/work in/crush hard on DC). I talked to everyone I could about it, but among the responses I got, only one really helped me decide, because it put everything in perspective so nicely. If you think it would help, I'd be happy to send it to you.

@ Everyone else

Hi! I've been watching this DB for a while, and I am really excited to meet you all in the fall!

greygoose

Bronze

Post by greygoose » Thu May 01, 2008 10:35 am

fwiw, i got all 4 wisdom teeth pulled sometime my senior year of high school. no problems... i didn't even take the prescribed pain meds after. i think my doctor being from uva med school made a difference :D

tehCheat

New

Post by tehCheat » Thu May 01, 2008 10:40 am

I realize that this thread long ago stopped being about housing, but I'm actually looking for housing in Cville for next year, and will be down at Cville on May 3rd to check out some housing options. If anybody on this thread is looking for a roommate for next year, please send me a PM.

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Thu May 01, 2008 11:00 am

Welcome Max and tehCheat! Don't worry, we still talk about housing quite a bit ;) Let us know if you have any specific questions about different places, between all of us, we've visited most of Charlottesville's best apartments :shock:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”