Well, from reviewing this thread it looks like it has been hijacked beyond belief from its original intent, but it's good to see that everyone is getting to know each other through pointless banter.
I'll post anyway:
1. Some info about yourself
Where I'm at in my life, and where I hope a roommate would be: Mid-20's, couple years out of school. Really excited about UVA for the social scene - I like to drink and have a good time. That having been said, I'm past the point in my life where I think just getting trashed is interesting in itself. I don't judge the coolness of a party by the number of kegs anymore. So ideally a roommate would be someone who would share my love of Sam Adams Seasonal brews and unwinding in a bar, but who wouldn't feel the need to brag about how many bongs they took the night before, and wouldn't think the appropriate furnishing for our apartment includes Bud Light posters or alcohol-themed decorative lighting.
2. How many roommates you're looking for
I generally prefer to live with people rather than alone, but that having been said, I was going to live alone, since I personally know no one going to UVA and have never before lived with a stranger. However, I wouldn't be averse to living with like 2 or 3 people if it could work out, so if anyone here reads this and is like-minded, PM me.
3. What apartment complexes you are looking at
Going down to look at places this weekend, hopefully.
4. Whether you want to live in walking distance, or don't mind driving.
I'll have a car, but it may be on its last legs. If it breaks down and requires major repairs, it's getting scrapped. So, I don't want to live so far away that if this happens, I can't bike it to school. (So no further than 2-3 miles or so?)
5. Smoking preference
I smoke about a pack per week, and only when I drink, and even so I'm actively trying to quit. I respect my current roommate's request that I don't smoke 99% of the time. I don't smoke during the week nor when we are pre-gaming or something in the apartment, though I may occasionally sneak one in after coming home from a late night out. (My inhibitions get weak when I'm at >10 beers, and we don't have a patio/balcony for me to smoke on.)
Long story short: if you're the type of militant non-smoker for whom finding one cigarette butt in the apartment every two weeks is a major deal-breaker, it is best we not live together. If we can move past the issue (if it happens) by you calling me an asshole, and me apologizing and spraying some Febreeze around in the morning, I think we could make a good team.
6. Anything else you might think is useful.
-I'll be bringing down two or three guitars with me.
-I have a lot of books.
-I like ridiculous, ridiculous comedy, such as Mr. Show or Kids in the Hall.
-I exclusively watch the following television stations and no others: Comedy Central, National Geographic, History Channel, Discovery Channel, Telemundo and Univision.
-I'm generally a neat person and don't need a roommate who is neat but I expect them to not be a slob.
- City boy by nature.
- I'm not passive aggressive - if there's a problem I'll bring it up directly with a person, though not in an asshole way or anything.
- My only real pet peeve with living with someone is if they wake me up at night by yelling or something. I usually can't fall back to sleep, and this infuriates me. Other than that, you would have to do something really bad to make me angry.
- I'm big on working out and will be hitting up the gym consistently.
- I'm highly, highly allergic to cats.
- I'm somewhat allergic to some types of dogs, but I love them so I would put up with occasional stuffiness.