University of Virginia School of Law 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
gladiator

Silver

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by gladiator » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:57 pm

OldBlue wrote:better yet: "Thread for awesome people who have committed to UVA and a one jerk who hangs out here even though they haven't committed*."

*ie, this guy: :shock:

gladiator, have you been to grad centre? How is it? And what's the basic info on costs? (ie, are utilities included in rent)?
Hopefully going this weekend. Rent is $469-535 depending on which room/floor you're in + $80 for all utilities including internet (not cable though).

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:10 pm

Jesus . . . I go to one class and you people explode into a post-whore fest!

As for that wing eating competition . . . count me in! A buddy and I ordered 100 wings one time . . . polished those babies off no problem. Another time we walked into a McDonalds and asked how many McChickens we could get for $20, they said 18 . . . we ate 18 . . . I think I have a problem. Bilko saw me eat the two double stackers and a spicy chicken crisp after the ASD . . .

We should have a big TLS move-in party on Aug. 1 or 2 . . . beer, bags, food, beer, food, pool, beautiful women, etc.

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:54 pm

Chicken wings? DID SOMEONE SAY CHICKEN WINGS? My friend and I get hot wings every Monday night. Good times! :)

So I submitted the financial aid thing online... do I still need to send them a hardcopy? Or is that it? I'm confused.

MissVirginia -- I'm confused by the BoA GradPLUS as well -- I go to apply for that online and it asks me for loan start date and end date. I have no idea...

aguyingeorgia

Silver

Post by aguyingeorgia » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:09 pm

OldBlue wrote:better yet: "Thread for awesome people who have committed to UVA and a one jerk who hangs out here even though they haven't committed*."

*ie, this guy: :shock:

gladiator, have you been to grad centre? How is it? And what's the basic info on costs? (ie, are utilities included in rent)?
:shock:

aguyingeorgia

Silver

Post by aguyingeorgia » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:10 pm

J-Rod wrote:Jesus . . . I go to one class and you people explode into a post-whore fest!

As for that wing eating competition . . . count me in! A buddy and I ordered 100 wings one time . . . polished those babies off no problem. Another time we walked into a McDonalds and asked how many McChickens we could get for $20, they said 18 . . . we ate 18 . . . I think I have a problem. Bilko saw me eat the two double stackers and a spicy chicken crisp after the ASD . . .

We should have a big TLS move-in party on Aug. 1 or 2 . . . beer, bags, food, beer, food, pool, beautiful women, etc.
I'll regret sharing this, but I ate 32 slices of pizza once in a pizza eating contest with my brother... we tied. :shock:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:12 pm

aguyingeorgia wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Jesus . . . I go to one class and you people explode into a post-whore fest!

I'll regret sharing this, but I ate 32 slices of pizza once in a pizza eating contest with my brother... we tied. :shock:

Nice! You and I are gonna get along well Guy

aguyingeorgia

Silver

Post by aguyingeorgia » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:13 pm

I never had a doubt!

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:14 pm

If I ate 32 pieces of pizza I'd look like a blimp.

...I hate guys :cry:

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:15 pm

Coming soon to a network near you...OldBlue vs. Guy in a Bobby Flay style Throwdown.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

aguyingeorgia

Silver

Post by aguyingeorgia » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:16 pm

I'm currently on fire from eating triple XXX wings.

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:17 pm

sialeeds wrote:If I ate 32 pieces of pizza I'd look like a blimp.

You'd be the prettiest blimp I ever did see!

aguyingeorgia

Silver

Post by aguyingeorgia » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:19 pm

I'd go up in...
wait, what?

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:20 pm

J-Rod wrote:
sialeeds wrote:If I ate 32 pieces of pizza I'd look like a blimp.

You'd be the prettiest blimp I ever did see!
Do these 32 slices of pizza make me look fat?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Wellsfargowagon

Bronze

Post by Wellsfargowagon » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:23 pm

Of course not! The next 32 might, though...

aguyingeorgia

Silver

Post by aguyingeorgia » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:24 pm

I handled the 32 pieces of pizza with no problem. I had ice cream later on. My brother, on the other hand, collapsed on the floor and stayed there for some time.

MissVirginia

Bronze

Post by MissVirginia » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:28 pm

So... were those 32 pieces of pizza tiny little CiCi's buffet type or full size New York style? ;-)
Last edited by MissVirginia on Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:29 pm

So where are you leaning MissVirginia?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:31 pm

MissVirginia wrote:I have not committed, and unfortunately given how the financial reality of making such a choice has fallen into place today, it's looking exceedingly unlikely. My head knew that there was no need-based grant coming, but my heart was holding out hope.
Booo... money.... debt.... :x :cry:

I can't really talk to my boyfriend about it because he flips out at me. It's looking more and more like he'll get his residency in Birmingham (grrrr), and I can't really say anything to the effect of, "It'll be a lot harder to pay down my loans in Bham than somewhere else..." I guess I'll figure it out three years from now :?

aguyingeorgia

Silver

Post by aguyingeorgia » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:33 pm

sialeeds wrote:
MissVirginia wrote:I have not committed, and unfortunately given how the financial reality of making such a choice has fallen into place today, it's looking exceedingly unlikely. My head knew that there was no need-based grant coming, but my heart was holding out hope.

I can't really talk to my boyfriend about it because he flips out at me. It's looking more and more like he'll get his residency in Birmingham (grrrr), and I can't really say anything to the effect of, "It'll be a lot harder to pay down my loans in Bham than somewhere else..." I guess I'll figure it out three years from now :?
If you break up, I'll polish your crutches.

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:39 pm

aguyingeorgia wrote:
sialeeds wrote:

If you break up, I'll polish your crutches.

I see you're an optimist!

aguyingeorgia

Silver

Post by aguyingeorgia » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:40 pm

I'm more of a comforter. If she were my girl, I'd encourage her to go after her dreams. It is all about the support.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:44 pm

aguyingeorgia wrote:I'm more of a comforter. If she were my girl, I'd encourage her to go after her dreams. It is all about the support.
The problem is that I've been going after my dreams for three years, and I promised him if he lets me go to the best school possible, I'll get a job where he gets his residency. So he gets mad at me when I gripe about living in Birmingham, because realistically, UAB is the best place he can get a radiology residency at. Booo.

Any idea if I can start out at a not so great job then transfer to biglaw? Or doesn't it work that way?

aguyingeorgia

Silver

Post by aguyingeorgia » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:46 pm

The phrase "lets me go" makes me very uncomfortable.

I'm going to get a Smoothie instead.

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:48 pm

I'd just put it off and keep quiet about it. Things change so no sense arguing about it now.

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:51 pm

aguyingeorgia wrote:The phrase "lets me go" makes me very uncomfortable.

I'm going to get a Smoothie instead.
Not so much "lets me go," but lets me go without being upset about it. He supports my decision to go to UVA 100% (I swear he was just as excited as I was when I found out... he spent hours on the website researching it and came to the conclusion that it really is the best place for me).
gladiator wrote:I'd just put it off and keep quiet about it. Things change so no sense arguing about it now.
That's the game plan. I'll talk to him about again in like... a year or two. He's just afraid that I'm always going to put myself and my career first over him and our relationship. Which I have been doing. Oh well.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”