University of Virginia School of Law 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
Da Stain

Bronze

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by Da Stain » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:41 am

That's actually not the worst idea, buying a car. Just get a real junker for 500-600 bucks or something just for running around C'Ville to do errands or other stuff.

aguyingeorgia

Silver

Post by aguyingeorgia » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:46 am

Or I could be her personal driver for three years... or her butler...

Da Stain

Bronze

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by Da Stain » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:46 am

sialeeds wrote:
SgtBilko wrote:So far we've ruled out that she had my password. I'm between she asked a mod to do it or I left my computer logged in and leaning towards the latter.

(As a related aside: you should have seen the other picture she was going to use. Dog was absolutely hideous and looked like a doggie corpse. It was gross.)
Occam's razor Bilko, Occam's razor.
Isn't it the NU kids who are obsessed with Occam's Dildo?

EDIT: Marginally related tangent, I watched "Outside Providence" last night.

Da Stain

Bronze

Post by Da Stain » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:47 am

Dood, you have to deposit before you can go whoring yourself out

ubuntu

Bronze

Post by ubuntu » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:50 am

SgtBilko wrote:Dood, you have to deposit before you can go whoring yourself out
hahahaha the man has a point, guy.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:57 am

I've already sent my deposit . . . and I'm gonna live in the Woodlands . . . can I whore myself to Ubuntu?

aguyingeorgia

Silver

Post by aguyingeorgia » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:58 am

Tears... lots of tears... I feel so rejected by my lack of deposit...

This is worse than the time that the circus didn't want me becaues I was "more freakish and hideous than we like".

Sigh.

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:02 pm

J-Rod wrote:
lishi wrote:Ok so this may be kinda creepy, because I'm only waitlisted but I read these UVA threads constatnly.

Has any seen or have any comments on University Heights or Barracks West??

It's definitely no Woodlands, but seems much more affordable for those choosing to live by themselves.
Barracks West is far away, and out in the middle of nothing . . . and for what you pay, it's not that great

Are they dingy? Basically, what's not that great about them??

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:04 pm

lishi wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
lishi wrote:Ok so this may be kinda creepy, because I'm only waitlisted but I read these UVA threads constatnly.

Has any seen or have any comments on University Heights or Barracks West??

It's definitely no Woodlands, but seems much more affordable for those choosing to live by themselves.
Barracks West is far away, and out in the middle of nothing . . . and for what you pay, it's not that great

Are they dingy? Basically, what's not that great about them??
old appliances, no washer/dryer in the unit . . . doors certainly would let in cold air in the winter, flimsy walls . . .

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Da Stain

Bronze

Post by Da Stain » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:04 pm

I fouind them a bit smallish for the money. As in, if you're going to live that "far" away, you can get more space for the same money.

And, no W/D in most units. But you can rent some sort of roll one that hooks up to the sink, right J?

ubuntu

Bronze

Post by ubuntu » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:05 pm

J-Rod wrote:I've already sent my deposit . . . and I'm gonna live in the Woodlands . . . can I whore myself to Ubuntu?
haha YES. i'm just torn - kinda want to live closer to the school because i'm a GIANT NERD. :?

aguyingeorgia

Silver

Post by aguyingeorgia » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:05 pm

I equate no washer and dryer with death.

Far be it from me to post in this thread without putting "ubuntu" somewhere in the post.

Wellsfargowagon

Bronze

Post by Wellsfargowagon » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:06 pm

If you're looking to live in U-Heights, you might as well live in Ivy instead. Ivy is closer and doesn't force you to risk your life walking through the very narrow underpass along Ivy Road, and the apartment styles are nearly identical.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:06 pm

SgtBilko wrote:I fouind them a bit smallish for the money. As in, if you're going to live that "far" away, you can get more space for the same money.

And, no W/D in most units. But you can rent some sort of roll one that hooks up to the sink, right J?
yeah, you can rent them . . . but they probably suck

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:07 pm

Oh ok thanks. I'm trying to think positive, and keep telling myself that UVA will accept me. That and looking at apartments is fun!!!

So far it looks like if I get in, I would like Lakeside. It's in my price range and allows for my kitten. :D

aguyingeorgia

Silver

Post by aguyingeorgia » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:07 pm

Who all is on AIM? PM me some AIM names. I have a lot of you, but always room for more. Yes, I equate you with jello.

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:08 pm

I would look at Ivy, because like ubuntu I'm a nerd that wants to live close to campus, but they don't accepts pets (especially not snobby pets)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

aguyingeorgia

Silver

Post by aguyingeorgia » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:08 pm

lishi wrote:Oh ok thanks. I'm trying to think positive, and keep telling myself that UVA will accept me. That and looking at apartments is fun!!!

So far it looks like if I get in, I would like Lakeside. It's in my price range and allows for my kitten. :D
I'm going to bring your cat some cat-nip to welcome you to C-ville once you get that acceptance!

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:10 pm

aguyingeorgia wrote:Who all is on AIM? PM me some AIM names. I have a lot of you, but always room for more. Yes, I equate you with jello.

sended

Wellsfargowagon

Bronze

Post by Wellsfargowagon » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:11 pm

ubuntu wrote:
J-Rod wrote:I've already sent my deposit . . . and I'm gonna live in the Woodlands . . . can I whore myself to Ubuntu?
haha YES. i'm just torn - kinda want to live closer to the school because i'm a GIANT NERD. :?
As many props as Woodlands and Lakeside are getting, the convenience of living within walking distance of the law school is well worth sacrificing apartment quality, especially around exam time. At least to me. Plus it puts you closer to the fields for softball and most other 1Ls for weekend parties.

I'll probably move somewhere nicer and farther away for 3L and maybe even 2L, but I'm really drawn to the idea of being only a few minute's walk from school and having most of my friends live nearby.

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:15 pm

but no places close to campus except pets. That makes it harder for animal lovers.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ubuntu

Bronze

Post by ubuntu » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:15 pm

Wellsfargowagon wrote:
ubuntu wrote:
As many props as Woodlands and Lakeside are getting, the convenience of living within walking distance of the law school is well worth sacrificing apartment quality, especially around exam time. At least to me. Plus it puts you closer to the fields for softball and most other 1Ls for weekend parties.

I'll probably move somewhere nicer and farther away for 3L and maybe even 2L, but I'm really drawn to the idea of being only a few minute's walk from school and having most of my friends live nearby.
ok phew, i'm not the only one.

aguyingeorgia

Silver

Post by aguyingeorgia » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:16 pm

Wellsfargowagon wrote:
ubuntu wrote:

Any thoughts on condos or townhomes available for sale that are fairly nice NEAR campus?
Yes, the undecided guy is still thinking ahead :(

Da Stain

Bronze

Post by Da Stain » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:17 pm

I'm looking at Arlington Townhomes. 5 min. from campus and they allow pets.

EDIT: I think the undecided guy is becoming closer to deciding

aguyingeorgia

Silver

Post by aguyingeorgia » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:20 pm

I just like you people. Of course, once we all meet and develop hatred and animosity, I'll be the lonely guy in the library drinking beer in the corner. :wink:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”