University of Virginia School of Law 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
readinmonotone

New

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by readinmonotone » Thu May 15, 2008 2:09 pm

breanne2011 wrote:
greygoose wrote: I used to play kart and i dominated, but that was like N64 and old school SNES. However, I'm up for Koopa/Toading your asses. Anytime, anywhere.
I call Yoshi. Prepare to be schooled.
Yeah, Yoshi was totally the bomb in the old mario karts.

shadowfish

New

Post by shadowfish » Thu May 15, 2008 2:21 pm

readinmonotone wrote: Yeah, Yoshi was totally the bomb in the old mario karts.
I like the fat guys. I usually played Wario. What can I say, I like running into people. Also, my favorite course was Wario Stadium, so I had to uphold loyalty there. They really should've brought that course back for Mario Kart Wii instead of Waluigi Stadium...it would've been awesome with the new tricks and stuff. Man, I'm going to end up bringing my N64 to Cville as well.

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Thu May 15, 2008 2:45 pm

readinmonotone wrote:
Bun B wrote:I used to play some high quality rpgs. Anyone remember FFVII and Grandia II?
FF VII is probably my favorite game ever. However, my 3rd disc broke so I can't replay it...if you want it used, gamestop and stuff want 60 bucks for it.
I still think FFVII is overrated. I am more of a FFIV / FFVI fan myself. Chrono Trigger is my all-time favorite game :)

greygoose

Bronze

Post by greygoose » Thu May 15, 2008 2:47 pm

breanne2011 wrote:
greygoose wrote: I used to play kart and i dominated, but that was like N64 and old school SNES. However, I'm up for Koopa/Toading your asses. Anytime, anywhere.
I call Yoshi. Prepare to be schooled.
i look forward to it.
shadowfish wrote:
readinmonotone wrote: Yeah, Yoshi was totally the bomb in the old mario karts.
I like the fat guys. I usually played Wario. What can I say, I like running into people. Also, my favorite course was Wario Stadium, so I had to uphold loyalty there. They really should've brought that course back for Mario Kart Wii instead of Waluigi Stadium...it would've been awesome with the new tricks and stuff. Man, I'm going to end up bringing my N64 to Cville as well.
o man i loved wario stadium and doing that hop cheat over the wall at the start. cut my time in 1/2 easily...

man girls playing more video games than me...hot? or am i losing my touch?

MissVirginia

Bronze

Post by MissVirginia » Thu May 15, 2008 2:53 pm

Here I thought you guys made me feel old with all your talk of bar hopping, Gossip Girl and video games... but speaking of video games, this week my my son topped all of you in the making-me-feel-old department.

He had to do a history report, and his chosen topic was the history of video games. In addition to such scholarly sources as Wikipedia, he interviewed me as a "real life first personal [sic] historical witness". Witness to what, you may ask? The debut of NES! Yes, I had a first generation console c. 1985-1986. He had a paragraph on how "my mom's power pad" was the precursor to Dance Dance Revolution. If I wind up at Virginia, and if you guys can keep your gaming parties relatively PG, I've got an adolescent who takes all comers...

He has Zelda on the Wii but can't fathom that Link and I were collecting the eight fragments of the Triforce of Wisdom some 20 years ago...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CaptainDirtyBird

New

Post by CaptainDirtyBird » Thu May 15, 2008 2:56 pm

MissVirginia wrote:Here I thought you guys made me feel old with all your talk of bar hopping, Gossip Girl and video games... but speaking of video games, this week my my son topped all of you in the making-me-feel-old department.

He had to do a history report, and his chosen topic was the history of video games. In addition to such scholarly sources as Wikipedia, he interviewed me as a "real life first personal [sic] historical witness". Witness to what, you may ask? The debut of NES! Yes, I had a first generation console c. 1985-1986. He had a paragraph on how "my mom's power pad" was the precursor to Dance Dance Revolution. If I wind up at Virginia, and if you guys can keep your gaming parties relatively PG, I've got an adolescent who takes all comers...

He has Zelda on the Wii but can't fathom that Link and I were collecting the eight fragments of the Triforce of Wisdom some 20 years ago...
NES is the most awesome system of all time. Evidence (two-words): Duck Hunt.

Da Stain

Bronze

Post by Da Stain » Thu May 15, 2008 2:58 pm

I think I could offer some perspective on the Sega Genesis debut.

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Thu May 15, 2008 2:59 pm

Is this proof we're all nerds or that everybody likes video games?

MissVirginia

Bronze

Post by MissVirginia » Thu May 15, 2008 2:59 pm

In a moment of idiocy, I sold my original (still working as good as the day it was bought- amazingly) NES with gun, pad, two controllers and a big red/blue case of a couple dozen games a few years ago at a yard sale. Now the console alone goes on Ebay for upwards of $300. I could kick myself.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MissVirginia

Bronze

Post by MissVirginia » Thu May 15, 2008 3:00 pm

SgtBilko wrote:I think I could offer some perspective on the Sega Genesis debut.
Dude, one of our dogs is named Sonic.
gladiator wrote:Is this proof we're all nerds or that everybody likes video games?
Both.

shadowfish

New

Post by shadowfish » Thu May 15, 2008 3:06 pm

MissVirginia wrote:Here I thought you guys made me feel old with all your talk of bar hopping, Gossip Girl and video games... but speaking of video games, this week my my son topped all of you in the making-me-feel-old department.

Your son is AWESOME. I'd love to game with him some time. :D I started out on the NES years ago too. I do have Duck Hunt and gun!

I actually have every Nintendo console except for the Virtual Boy, but I'm probably leaving most of them at home. I'll get the Cube, 'cause nobody wants it any longer, and maybe one of our N64s (likely the original launch date one that can barely turn on).

This makes me feel soooo much better about coming to law school. I was worried that everybody would be way too normal to talk about this stuff with me. :mrgreen:

readinmonotone

New

Post by readinmonotone » Thu May 15, 2008 3:08 pm

We got an N64 the day it came out and it works great. I accidently dropped a TV on it and all that happened was a little scratch. That thing was built like a beast.

CaptainDirtyBird

New

Post by CaptainDirtyBird » Thu May 15, 2008 3:08 pm

shadowfish wrote: I actually have every Nintendo console except for the Virtual Boy, but I'm probably leaving most of them at home. I'll get the Cube, 'cause nobody wants it any longer, and maybe one of our N64s (likely the original launch date one that can barely turn on).

This makes me feel soooo much better about coming to law school. I was worried that everybody would be way too normal to talk about this stuff with me. :mrgreen:
Didn't that thing give kids seizures.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hokiefan

New

Post by hokiefan » Thu May 15, 2008 3:17 pm

I've got a Wii with four Wiimotes and two Wheels for Mario Kart. I'm not too good at Mario Kart though, sports games are where its at.

In other news, Jameel Sewell is no longer on the team at UVA. I hadn't heard about it until recently. Looks like UVA football will once again slide back into mediocrity.

Waterman47

Bronze

Post by Waterman47 » Thu May 15, 2008 3:19 pm

Anyone here play basketball? If so, I would definitely love to get some pick-up games going when we all move in.
Hell yeah. I try to play as much basketball as my schedule allows. I haven't played that much in the last few months, but I'm hoping to start back up at UVA.

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Thu May 15, 2008 3:23 pm

Sewell was already mediocre. We'll be better off with Lalich because he can actually throw the ball more than 10 yards. I swear the entire season Sewell probably didn't complete a long pass. We have 2 good RBs returning and a good WR coming off of an injury that made him miss all of last season.

That being said, it should be a down year since we won't win 5 super close games again this year and all 3 D-linemen from last year are gone.

So we now have a large following for basketball, poker, video games, BBQs, and softball. Who wants to volunteer for the TLS flag-football team?

CaptainDirtyBird

New

Post by CaptainDirtyBird » Thu May 15, 2008 3:25 pm

gladiator wrote: So we now have a large following for basketball, poker, video games, BBQs, and softball. Who wants to volunteer for the TLS flag-football team?
Will it be...Evil flag football?...mmm...mmmmuah....muaaaahhahaha

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Thu May 15, 2008 3:33 pm

If by evil, you mean that I'll be on the team and I reffed flag football in UG so I know all the rule loopholes...then yes.

CaptainDirtyBird

New

Post by CaptainDirtyBird » Thu May 15, 2008 3:34 pm

gladiator wrote:If by evil, you mean that I'll be on the team and I reffed flag football in UG so I know all the rule loopholes...then yes.
Than once more into the good breech my friend.

wesleybs

New

Post by wesleybs » Thu May 15, 2008 4:09 pm

The bundles are now up for the cavalier computers. Just Dells and a Mac, no Thinkpads :-(. I'll probably go with the mac just because I hate dell.

greygoose

Bronze

Post by greygoose » Thu May 15, 2008 4:11 pm

i got dibs on nipplehead conditioned on him being healthy. 6'6'' guy in the end zone is unbeatable...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

hokiefan

New

Post by hokiefan » Thu May 15, 2008 4:14 pm

I'll be on the team. I'm looking to improve upon my last season in which our team went 1-1 (Plus two wins by forfeit and two loses by forfeit).

greygoose

Bronze

Post by greygoose » Thu May 15, 2008 4:18 pm

i've had a rotator cuff problem for quite a number of years, i can still toss decent; however, after 1 game i'm out for like 4 days. should be fun.

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Thu May 15, 2008 4:20 pm

Luckily games are only once a week.

Da Stain

Bronze

Post by Da Stain » Thu May 15, 2008 4:24 pm

wesleybs wrote:The bundles are now up for the cavalier computers. Just Dells and a Mac, no Thinkpads :-(. I'll probably go with the mac just because I hate dell.
My only thing is, they say it's subject to change, etc.

It's a pretty accepted fact that the MacBook will be updated in June and I'm wondering if we'll be getting that update. I can wait to order regardless since the earliest we could get it is July or so. I just hope we're getting the goods so to speak in the end.

EDIT: I am a sure-handed receiver, FWIW. Kind of like Mark Chmura in his prime, without the pedophilia.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”