University of Virginia School of Law 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
cantwaitforuva

Silver

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by cantwaitforuva » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:30 am

J-Rod seems to want to take us back to housing. Hmmm. trying to come up with something to say about housing... anyone here lived alone before? I've always had roommates. Does it get boring?

Wellsfargowagon

Bronze

Post by Wellsfargowagon » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:33 am

I wouldn't guess so, as long as you have friends close by.

Holly Madison

Bronze

Post by Holly Madison » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:35 am

i've always technically had roommates, but they always spend vacations at their parents', so i have lived alone most summers and winter breaks. it's awesome because i hate messiness and excessive noise, but also, i get kind of helpless. if i don't have a job or class or someone around to take care of me, and make sure i wake up at a normal hour, get food at some point, and do something remotely productive, i'll just lounge around and eat chocolate and paint my toenails and watch hgtv and audrey hepburn movies all day.

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:36 am

Wellsfargowagon wrote:I wouldn't guess so, as long as you have friends close by.
I think i'll really enjoy it, but sometimes the quiet might be creepy (i'll miss the sirens of DC at night). And as a woman living alone is kinda creepy for me. I know charlottesville is a pretty safe place, but I don't think I could live on the ground floor of a building without bars on the windows.

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:38 am

Holly Madison wrote:i've always technically had roommates, but they always spend vacations at their parents', so i have lived alone most summers and winter breaks. it's awesome because i hate messiness and excessive noise, but also, i get kind of helpless. if i don't have a job or class or someone around to take care of me, and make sure i wake up at a normal hour, get food at some point, and do something remotely productive, i'll just lounge around and eat chocolate and paint my toenails and watch hgtv and audrey hepburn movies all day.
Holly we might be the same person!!! I painted my toenails yesterday while watching hgtv!!!. I love hgtv, it allows me to dream of what i will someday have!! And Roman Holiday is my fave audrey hepburn movie, because I looooove gregory peck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Holly Madison

Bronze

Post by Holly Madison » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:40 am

mmm i love that one too... also, sabrina, and of course, breakfast at tiffany's!

i basically lounged around doing nothing all weekend, and now i'm going to pay dearly for it :cry:

Wellsfargowagon

Bronze

Post by Wellsfargowagon » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:41 am

Having a pet helps with the occasional loneliness. I'm strongly considering getting a greyhound - I grew up with whippets (basically miniature versions), and greyhounds make fairly good apartment dogs as long as they're walked regularly.

Gregory Peck is the man. I heard that he could lift a Volkswagen over his head and that he once made Castro cry just by staring him down.
Last edited by Wellsfargowagon on Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Holly Madison

Bronze

Post by Holly Madison » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:42 am

oh right, i have my cat, but she is even worse. she is so sweet and cuddly and makes me want to stay in bed and sleep with her all day!

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:45 am

Holly Madison wrote:mmm i love that one too... also, sabrina, and of course, breakfast at tiffany's!

i basically lounged around doing nothing all weekend, and now i'm going to pay dearly for it :cry:
same. I've got three papers and a presentation due this week and I didn't do much yet.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:48 am

Wellsfargowagon wrote:Having a pet helps with the occasional loneliness. I'm strongly considering getting a greyhound - I grew up with whippets (basically miniature versions), and greyhounds make fairly good apartment dogs as long as they're walked regularly.

Gregory Peck is the man. I heard that he could lift a Volkswagen over his head and that he once made Castro cry just by staring him down.
I'm going to get a talkative cat to keep me company. I think greyhounds are a great idea, especially if you get a retired racing one. They are such a sweet breed.

I heard Mr. Peck was responsible for the smallpox vaccine and that he disassembled the berlin wall all by himself.

Wellsfargowagon

Bronze

Post by Wellsfargowagon » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:14 am

cantwaitforuva wrote:I'm going to get a talkative cat to keep me company. I think greyhounds are a great idea, especially if you get a retired racing one. They are such a sweet breed.

I heard Mr. Peck was responsible for the smallpox vaccine and that he disassembled the berlin wall all by himself.
My little sister is looking into getting a retired racer, too. The ones she's seen so far have been great dogs: friendly, relaxed, and even amenable to being caged. Guess the training process makes them great pets.

Gregory Peck and Chuck Norris once challenged each other to a fight to the death. By the last round, both had been so weakened that neither could land a killing blow. Peck won by decision, though, drawing on his Atticus-like persuasive skills to sway the judges.

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:24 am

Wellsfargowagon wrote:
cantwaitforuva wrote:I'm going to get a talkative cat to keep me company. I think greyhounds are a great idea, especially if you get a retired racing one. They are such a sweet breed.

My little sister is looking into getting a retired racer, too. The ones she's seen so far have been great dogs: friendly, relaxed, and even amenable to being caged. Guess the training process makes them great pets.

Gregory Peck and Chuck Norris once challenged each other to a fight to the death. By the last round, both had been so weakened that neither could land a killing blow. Peck won by decision, though, drawing on his Atticus-like persuasive skills to sway the judges.
Greyhounds are very relaxed and therefore great with kids. Although you may not be thinking about that for a long time, dogs can live for quite a while, so something to consider... I have a friend who has three retired races and they are so well behaved and nice.

Gregory Peck used his legal skills to such success in the Supreme Court that Justice Thomas did not once fall asleep and Justice Scalia sided with Justice Ginsburg.

Wellsfargowagon

Bronze

Post by Wellsfargowagon » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:01 am

I was about to reiterate the awesomeness of greyhounds and Gregory Peck, but I didn't want to spur calls for us to get a room ;)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:14 am

cantwaitforuva wrote:
Holly Madison wrote:mmm i love that one too... also, sabrina, and of course, breakfast at tiffany's!

same. I've got three papers and a presentation due this week and I didn't do much yet.
Ahhhh, I was horrible this weekend!!! Good thing Mondays are still part of my weekend... 8)

greygoose

Bronze

Post by greygoose » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:15 am

weekend in nyc, fun yet so unproductive. time to write my last paper ever as an undergrad. *cue Bittersweet symphony...

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:18 am

greygoose wrote:weekend in nyc, fun yet so unproductive. time to write my last paper ever as an undergrad. *cue Bittersweet symphony...
Not fair! I still have about four more... oh the life of an English major... :x

greygoose

Bronze

Post by greygoose » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:21 am

yea i hear ya, this semester has been only 2 papers (3 econ/1 poli sci seminar). i must say when i wrapped up last semester, writing my last history paper, it was a sad moment. i've always loved history far more than poli sci.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Wellsfargowagon

Bronze

Post by Wellsfargowagon » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:27 am

Being graded on papers alone is one aspect of undergrad that I'll miss in law school. Some law school classes are paper based, but not many.

greygoose

Bronze

Post by greygoose » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:30 am

word: in other news updated the list (checked on tls 2011 by sock and our thread)

Attending:

1hellUVAlawyer
Bun B
cantwaitforuva
doublehoo22
greygoose
J-Rod
MarkTwain
melbelle
Nike6075
OldBlue
Probity
rsr28
RudyGay
SgtBilko
Shake&Bake
sialeeds
The Agitator
tkm.
triadolpho
ubuntu
Wellsfargowagon

we got one hell of a group, though sausage stacked, i'm too lazy to run the #'s but that more than 60% guys IMO...
Last edited by greygoose on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Da Stain

Bronze

Post by Da Stain » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:34 am

We're coming close to matching Mich. for best TLS representation. Guy, we need you!

Da Stain

Bronze

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by Da Stain » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:35 am

aguyingeorgia wrote:
sialeeds wrote:
aguyingeorgia wrote:I'll admit it. The UVA people are winning me over, bit by bit.
Are you sure it's not just Bilko's ugly dog av that's winning you over??? :lol:
It scares me. It looks like a cross between Yoda, an angry Gremlin, and Ozzy
My GF changed it, but I can't remove it until I figure out how. Shouldn't be long now!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:36 am

We need Holly and MissVirginia, too! That will help a bit with the guy/girl ratio...

greygoose

Bronze

Post by greygoose » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:37 am

still waiting on gladiator, holly, guy, probably a few more. hope we reach 25
Last edited by greygoose on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Da Stain

Bronze

Post by Da Stain » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:38 am

When all is said and done, it looks like there will be 20-25, which is a lot of people. We'll have to take a TLS "class" photo for Ken to put on our profile page!

Da Stain

Bronze

Post by Da Stain » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:40 am

In a more topical note, I'm heavily leaning towards the Arlington Townhomes on Arlington Blvd.

Ultimately, I can't be more than walking distance from class or there's a decent chance I won't go.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”