University of Virginia School of Law 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
doublehoo22

New

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by doublehoo22 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:14 pm

Approved at Lakeside :) The bad news is that I may have to move back home for a couple of weeks in between leases.

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:28 pm

doublehoo22 wrote:Approved at Lakeside :) The bad news is that I may have to move back home for a couple of weeks in between leases.
Congrats (isn't it such a relief to know where you'll be living next year?)! Living at home for a few weeks shouldn't be bad... especially because your family is in Cville (right?).

aguyingeorgia

Silver

Post by aguyingeorgia » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:32 pm

Are there any duck-proof apartments? Just in case.

doublehoo22

New

Post by doublehoo22 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:35 pm

sialeeds wrote:
doublehoo22 wrote:Approved at Lakeside :) The bad news is that I may have to move back home for a couple of weeks in between leases.
Congrats (isn't it such a relief to know where you'll be living next year?)! Living at home for a few weeks shouldn't be bad... especially because your family is in Cville (right?).

Thanks.... It won't be that bad at all. I have a "cool" mom 8) . It will be a little wierd though after being on my own.

hokiefan

New

Post by hokiefan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:37 pm

aguyingeorgia wrote:I literally didn't know where I was when I typed that. I had to pull my laptop out at a free wi-fi spot to figure it out.
I too need some cleats. I've been brushing up on my softball skills but haven't invested in them yet. Anyone else think the most exciting part about going to UVA is the softball?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:45 pm

hokiefan wrote:
aguyingeorgia wrote:I literally didn't know where I was when I typed that. I had to pull my laptop out at a free wi-fi spot to figure it out.
I too need some cleats. I've been brushing up on my softball skills but haven't invested in them yet. Anyone else think the most exciting part about going to UVA is the softball?
Better be...if Contracts class is the best part of my day I'll die.

Waterman47

Bronze

Post by Waterman47 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:19 am

Question for anyone who cares to answer:

If I'm planning to take out loans to pay for tuition+rent, what do I write on these apartment applications that ask for proof of employment/income? Do they have separate apps for students with loans? I doubt I'll be working at any point during my first year.

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:27 am

Waterman47 wrote:Question for anyone who cares to answer:

If I'm planning to take out loans to pay for tuition+rent, what do I write on these apartment applications that ask for proof of employment/income? Do they have separate apps for students with loans? I doubt I'll be working at any point during my first year.
The Woodlands doesn't require employment for graduate students, I'd assume it's the same for the rest. They pretty much know you'll be getting loans.

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:35 am

sialeeds wrote:
Having your application approved does not equal knowing where you'll be living next year. I've been approved at CH and they're still not sure if they will have anything available and I'm freaking out.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

WahooThunder

New

Post by WahooThunder » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:58 am

Hey guys, this is my first post. I just recently made my decision and can't wait to join you guys at UVA Law.

WahooThunder

New

Post by WahooThunder » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:00 am

Waterman47 wrote:I'll be joining you guys in Charlottesville next fall. :D

Anyone else here moving down with a significant other? Suggestions on suitable apartment complexes?
I'm moving with my wife and we're looking at Carriage Hill and Lakeside.

tkm.

Bronze

Post by tkm. » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:03 am

Carriage Hill is getting popular

Holly Madison

Bronze

Post by Holly Madison » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:03 am

welcome wahoo!

how is everyone today??

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:06 am

WahooThunder wrote:Hey guys, this is my first post. I just recently made my decision and can't wait to join you guys at UVA Law.
Welcome! Glad you'll be joining us :)

WahooThunder

New

Post by WahooThunder » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:16 am

tkm. wrote:Carriage Hill is getting popular
I better get my application in then. Where are you looking? We didn't really get a chance to look around much during the ASW, so I'm basically just going off what I've seen on the internet.

bamabreeze

Bronze

Post by bamabreeze » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:42 am

Last edited by bamabreeze on Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ubuntu

Bronze

Post by ubuntu » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:16 am

yay more people!! welcome!

i just mailed out my deposit and my application fee to graduate centre. (woo!!!) so excited!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

doublehoo22

New

Post by doublehoo22 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:22 am

WahooThunder wrote:
I better get my application in then. Where are you looking? We didn't really get a chance to look around much during the ASW, so I'm basically just going off what I've seen on the internet.

I will be at Lakeside next year, but to be honest I would agree with Cantwait and say that Carriage Hill has a more updated interior. Depending on what your price range is, I would also look into Stone Creek Village, Avemore, and the new townhouses at the Hollymead Town Center.... oh and of course the Woodlands. These are good websites for housing in the Charlottesville area: http://www.brac.com and http://www.mycaar.com

Good luck

tkm.

Bronze

Post by tkm. » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:25 am

WahooThunder wrote:
My boyfriend and I put in an application for "The Hamilton" 2 bedroom at Carriage Hill. It's very spacious (with tons of closet space and a huge master bedroom) and reasonably priced. Carriage Hill seems like a nice community, I just wish the gym was bigger. But, we have access to the UVA gyms so that's not a problem.

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:58 am

Nike6075 wrote:Two questions:

If i'm going to ask the fin. aid office to increase my COA budget after I get a new computer, I need to wait until then to apply for these loans, right? Because the bank won't just arbitrarily increase the amount of the loan later on, will it?
Ok guys, I got the info from the school. Go ahead and apply for loans with the current COA. After you have bought the computer and have the receipt and whatnot then you ask for the budget increase. Then you can get an increased loan - what really happens is that you then get 2 loans, instead of one. If you want me to send you exactly what the Fin Aid department sent, then PM me.

melbelle

New

Post by melbelle » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:10 pm

Waterman47 wrote:Question for anyone who cares to answer:

None required for grad students. I'll be at Avemore and they just asked me for a copy of my acceptance letter.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Da Stain

Bronze

Post by Da Stain » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:45 pm

I was approved today for Arlington Townhomes. I have a nice little yard and will be offering Ubu up as a free pet-sitter while your pooch runs around :P

Still need to work on the roommate situation, but it is early.

Da Stain

Bronze

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by Da Stain » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:50 pm

I'm bumping this since I know there a bunch of people to add (Waterman, etc.).

I think we're close to topping Michigan's TLS representation. Yet one name still remains unaccounted for....Whenever you're ready Guy, you let us know. 8)

J-Rod

Silver

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by J-Rod » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:57 pm

SgtBilko wrote:I'm bumping this since I know there a bunch of people to add (Waterman, etc.).

I think we're close to topping Michigan's TLS representation. Yet one name still remains unaccounted for....Whenever you're ready Guy, you let us know. 8)

guy isn't goin to UVA . . . he told me it's now between NYU and NU

ubuntu

Bronze

Post by ubuntu » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:59 pm

yes! i'm babysitting a dog right now here in my office.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”