University of Virginia School of Law 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
aguyingeorgia

Silver

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by aguyingeorgia » Thu May 01, 2008 11:03 am

ubuntu wrote:ugh wisdom teeth. bad time to figure out you have a terrible reaction to anesthesia. i woke up, threw up every 15 minutes for four or five hours....omg the memories. all four were impacted, and a month later my mouth was all swollen again because they LEFT PART OF THE TOOTH BEHIND.

haha sorry if the horror stories freak you out sia, i'm sure i'm a rarity.
This would probably be a bad time to talk about how I came out of anasthesia during the process, as the last tooth was coming out...

:shock: Yeah. Scarred for life.

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Thu May 01, 2008 11:26 am

sialeeds wrote:Canwait, that sucks, I'm sorry :?

Agitator -- yeah, I want to get it done some time in June because they're actually starting to hurt as of a few days ago. But three weeks on Vicodin!?!?! Seriously!?!?! After my ACL-reconstruction in March, I managed to get off of Percocet in five days (well, I was down to one a day, only right before bed). Is pulling teeth really worse than having a someone saw into your leg????? :shock:

This is not my year, medically. Argh.
You'll probably be ok. My friends who have done it recently were up and running within 2 days.

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Thu May 01, 2008 11:27 am

ubuntu wrote:ugh wisdom teeth. bad time to figure out you have a terrible reaction to anesthesia. i woke up, threw up every 15 minutes for four or five hours....omg the memories. all four were impacted, and a month later my mouth was all swollen again because they LEFT PART OF THE TOOTH BEHIND.

haha sorry if the horror stories freak you out sia, i'm sure i'm a rarity.
I'm exactly the same way with anesthesia. So if I ever need surgery in c-ville and I'm not cognizant will you all please let the docs know?

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Thu May 01, 2008 11:29 am

aguyingeorgia wrote:
This would probably be a bad time to talk about how I came out of anasthesia during the process, as the last tooth was coming out...

:shock: Yeah. Scarred for life.
One of my worst fears is waking up during surgery.

I've had to watch some unpleasant stuff as it is - I was awake for my skin graft.

The Agitator

Bronze

Post by The Agitator » Thu May 01, 2008 12:21 pm

You'll probably be ok. My friends who have done it recently were up and running within 2 days.
Never had them done, but maybe you're right. I'm just going off of friends' experiences. I guess I hang out with the kind of people who don't stop taking pain meds even after they feel fine.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Thu May 01, 2008 12:22 pm

The Agitator wrote:

Never had them done, but maybe you're right. I'm just going off of friends' experiences. I guess I hang out with the kind of people who don't stop taking pain meds even after they feel fine.
Haha. I've known about 10 people who had them done in college and none of them were on the meds for more than 3 days.

bamabreeze

Bronze

Post by bamabreeze » Thu May 01, 2008 1:54 pm

Last edited by bamabreeze on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nipplehead

Bronze

Post by nipplehead » Thu May 01, 2008 2:02 pm

Agitator -- yeah, I want to get it done some time in June because they're actually starting to hurt as of a few days ago. But three weeks on Vicodin!?!?! Seriously!?!?! After my ACL-reconstruction in March, I managed to get off of Percocet in five days (well, I was down to one a day, only right before bed). Is pulling teeth really worse than having a someone saw into your leg????? :shock:

you'll be aight. i got all four out at the same time and all four were impacted. i was off vicodin in about two days. the only bad part was (this was back in high school) when my mom invited all my friends over to "cheer me up" and then served them In N Out and pizza. thanks, mom. i'll just go back to my applesauce.

icanspelegood

New

Post by icanspelegood » Thu May 01, 2008 2:36 pm

you should try not going under for the surgery... it doesnt hurt and youll recover a lot faster.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Thu May 01, 2008 4:56 pm

nipplehead wrote: you'll be aight. i got all four out at the same time and all four were impacted. i was off vicodin in about two days. the only bad part was (this was back in high school) when my mom invited all my friends over to "cheer me up" and then served them In N Out and pizza. thanks, mom. i'll just go back to my applesauce.
Ooooof, that's just cruel!

In other news... I AM OFFICIALLY DONE WITH UNDERGRAD CLASSES. Thank god. Now all I have to do is write two 10 page papers and edit my lame-o thesis :)

Wellsfargowagon

Bronze

Post by Wellsfargowagon » Thu May 01, 2008 6:30 pm

Apologies for not having posted more, guys. I've been in New York doing trial prep in a war room, so I have to look like I'm working 99% of the time.

ubuntu

Bronze

Post by ubuntu » Thu May 01, 2008 6:33 pm

i just got into chicago! after 6 original waitlists (i am the waitlist queen) i'm down to 4. holla.

MissVirginia

Bronze

Post by MissVirginia » Thu May 01, 2008 6:39 pm

ubuntu wrote:i just got into chicago! after 6 original waitlists (i am the waitlist queen) i'm down to 4. holla.
uh oh! congrats! what's the plan?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SWilson

New

Post by SWilson » Thu May 01, 2008 6:39 pm

I'm seriously considering UVa... Will anyone booze with me on the weekends if I end up there??

ubuntu

Bronze

Post by ubuntu » Thu May 01, 2008 6:41 pm

MissVirginia wrote:
ubuntu wrote:i just got into chicago! after 6 original waitlists (i am the waitlist queen) i'm down to 4. holla.
no clue. honestly, i'm waiting to hear about $$ from both places before i start to freak out. but in the end, my passion is international human rights, and uva wins hands down on that. it's still a nice feeling to be wanted .... even if you were wanted off the waitlist ... humph.

MissVirginia

Bronze

Post by MissVirginia » Thu May 01, 2008 6:42 pm

icanspelegood wrote:you should try not going under for the surgery... it doesnt hurt and youll recover a lot faster.
And it's much cheaper. I had to get mine out in two sittings 'cause I couldn't afford all 4 at once. Both times my dentist tried so hard to convince me to do the anesthesia, but the price difference was astronomical. (I guess if you have dental insurance that's less of a concern...)

I didn't read the whole convo, but Sia if they aren't impacted you recover much much quicker. If they are impacted, well... enjoy the meds!

aguyingeorgia

Silver

Post by aguyingeorgia » Thu May 01, 2008 6:43 pm

Tell me about having a bad year, medically. LOL :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MissVirginia

Bronze

Post by MissVirginia » Thu May 01, 2008 6:44 pm

ubuntu wrote:
MissVirginia wrote:
no clue. honestly, i'm waiting to hear about $$ from both places before i start to freak out. but in the end, my passion is international human rights, and uva wins hands down on that. it's still a nice feeling to be wanted .... even if you were wanted off the waitlist ... humph.
No need to freak out. It's a wonderful dilemma. (I have one myself. :( ) Have you already paid a deposit? And did either school tell you when you would hear about merit aid?

Also, didn't you turn down GULC? You would consider Virginia's Intl HR to be stronger than Georgetown's? Why? (not being rhetorical; I'm genuinely interested)

Sorry so many questions!

ubuntu

Bronze

Post by ubuntu » Thu May 01, 2008 6:46 pm

MissVirginia wrote:
ubuntu wrote:
MissVirginia wrote:
No need to freak out. It's a wonderful dilemma. (I have one myself. :( ) Have you already paid a deposit? And did either school tell you when you would hear about merit aid?

Also, didn't you turn down GULC? You would consider Virginia's Intl HR to be stronger than Georgetown's? Why? (not being rhetorical; I'm genuinely interested)

Sorry so many questions!
yea, i deposited at virginia, turned down GULC because they were trying to lock me into a scholarship a month ago. i just got an overall better feel at virginia - looking at the international scope, perhaps GULC is better in some ways, but i like virginia's atmosphere, topped with the better overall ranking, topped with the human rights clinic, first amendment clinic, and supreme court clinic, and had to go with my gut and fight for virginia.

yea, the sweet $$ and the boyfriend are at GULC, but he supported my decision 100%. :)

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Thu May 01, 2008 6:47 pm

Congrats, Ubu! I hope you stay with us, but Chicago is also an amazing school :) (how does this work though w/ your special admittance to UVA? Didn't you tell them you'd definitely go? Or am I confusing things?)

SWilson -- of course.

MissVA -- yeah, anesthesia is not my thing. I had them load me up on anti-nausea meds for my knee surgery so it was fine, but I still don't like the idea of it. Also, when are we going to hear your final decision!?!

ubuntu

Bronze

Post by ubuntu » Thu May 01, 2008 6:53 pm

thanks sia! yes i did tell them i'd definitely go, which meant i'd deposit there. which i've done. nothing binding.

99% sure i will stick with virginia. i just need to see how the financial aid thing pans out, you know? such a dilemma. but the way i'm feeling, i'm way too emotionally invested in virginia. :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Thu May 01, 2008 6:53 pm

Don't leave me/us! :(

greygoose

Bronze

Post by greygoose » Fri May 02, 2008 7:36 am

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Fri May 02, 2008 10:58 am

sialeeds wrote:
In other news... I AM OFFICIALLY DONE WITH UNDERGRAD CLASSES. Thank god. Now all I have to do is write two 10 page papers and edit my lame-o thesis :)
Doesn't it feel nice not be expected in a classroom? I finished on Wed. But I still have 6 papers and 4 tests, so argh.

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Fri May 02, 2008 11:02 am

SWilson wrote:I'm seriously considering UVa... Will anyone booze with me on the weekends if I end up there??
You have to be kidding! :D We'll booze with you on the weeknights (sometimes).

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”