That might be a dumb question but maybe someone can explain me a couple things about GI BILL and UCLA Law School:
1. It says on their website that the actual cost for J.D Program is $44,922 per year for in state students ( https://www.law.ucla.edu/current-studen ... fault.aspx
Does it mean that I need: $44,922 X 3 years = $134 766 for all 3 years to complete J.D. Program or $44,922 is the total cost of 3 years UCLA J.D. Program.
Cause according to the Department of Veterans Affairs concerning the amount of tuition and fees, there is no way $134 766 can be covered:
"Effective August 1, 2011 the amount of tuition and fees payable changes for degree programs offered by Institutions of Higher Learning (graduate or undergraduate) as follows:
U.S. Public Schools: We pay the actual net cost for in-state tuition and fees after the application of any waiver, scholarship, aid, or assistance [other than loans and funds provided under section 401(b) of the Higher Education Act of 1965]
Private and Foreign Schools: The lesser of the actual net cost for tuition and fees after the application of any waiver, scholarship, aid, or assistance [other than loans and funds provided under section 401(b) of the Higher Education Act of 1965], or $18,077.50 for the academic year beginning on August 1, 2012
Please note that the above is subject to proration based upon the benefit. "
2. Can anybody, please, give me a rough idea of how many month during the year BAH will be paid by post 9/11 GI Bill?
3. As a part of UCLA admission you have to pass LSAT and send all transcripts to the LSAC Credential Assembly Service.
3.1. Is it possible to use VA benefits to pay for LSAT test?
3.2. is it possible to use VA benefits to pay for evaluation and translation of my transcripts, since I went to school in Europe ?
4. Which bill will be better to use for UCLA Law school - Montgomery GI Bill or Post 9/11 GI Bill ?
My guess is Post 9/11 GI Bill even though that I opted and paid $600 Buy-Up Program.
5. How difficult is it to get to UCLA Law school after the army and pay for it with Gi Bill ?