Post 9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act(New G.I. Bill)

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Lyov Myshkin

Re: Post 9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act(New G.I. Bill)

Postby Lyov Myshkin » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:24 am

helfer snooterbagon wrote:Under the old system it did not matter if you were getting a scholarship, as long as you were attending 3/4 time or more you got the corresponding amount. Under the new system I am not sure, because the tuition payment will be sent to your school. If the amount sent exceeds your tuition I imagine it will be sent back and you won't see it. For someone like me, with a full scholarship and working full time, I will probably just stay with the old system and pocket the extra $1000 a month. However, I have to check about the BAH, because that would be even more money.

the BAH should be significantly more money.

at least in NY or california.

LSATfromNC

Postby LSATfromNC » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:20 pm

Does anyone have any confirmed information on this and how it applies to graduate studies? I have 24 months left under the old system.

jlnoa0915

Postby jlnoa0915 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:40 am

To those who have received the bill already:

When did your funds for tuition/BAH disburse? Was their a delay in your payments? If they were did you have to take out loans to cover the late payments?

Thanks in advance.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:59 pm

jlnoa0915 wrote:To those who have received the bill already:

When did your funds for tuition/BAH disburse? Was their a delay in your payments? If they were did you have to take out loans to cover the late payments?

Thanks in advance.

You will find a much more active thread with more people responding at viewtopic.php?f=15&t=53547

Return to “Financial Aid”