LSAT score linked to scholarships???

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
LjakW

Re: LSAT score linked to scholarships???

Postby LjakW » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:28 pm

ec2444 wrote:when schools offer scholarships, are they only for the first year? or do their offers apply to all three years total? or is that number per year?

Every scholarship offer I got was for all three years.

To the OP:
Scoring high on the LSAT could earn you as much as $150,000 at some schools.

00Lawgirl00

Postby 00Lawgirl00 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:23 pm

rmyoun06 wrote:I got a 171. I was offered a 75k scholarship for Northwestern and a 15k scholarship from Indiana University - Bloomington. Nowhere else offered me scholarships, including my local law school (which pissed me off! :mrgreen: )

What was your UGPA? I know people are careful about mentioning race but it is possible a minority with a high score or slightly lower may have beat you. Just because we dont want to talk about it does not negate the fact that top, second, and third tier schools arent discussing it. NO ONE wants their school to hit front page news as only giving scholarships to young white males. So you may have been beaten by a woman, a black woman, chinese, hispanic.....you get the picture.

Mack.Hambleton

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:29 pm

00Lawgirl00 wrote:
rmyoun06 wrote:I got a 171. I was offered a 75k scholarship for Northwestern and a 15k scholarship from Indiana University - Bloomington. Nowhere else offered me scholarships, including my local law school (which pissed me off! :mrgreen: )

What was your UGPA? I know people are careful about mentioning race but it is possible a minority with a high score or slightly lower may have beat you. Just because we dont want to talk about it does not negate the fact that top, second, and third tier schools arent discussing it. NO ONE wants their school to hit front page news as only giving scholarships to young white males. So you may have been beaten by a woman, a black woman, chinese, hispanic.....you get the picture.

They posted that six years ago

Why would you bump this to make a shitty AA comment

PoopNpants

Postby PoopNpants » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:57 pm

Mack.Hambleton wrote:
00Lawgirl00 wrote:

Hell of a first post btw

00Lawgirl00

Postby 00Lawgirl00 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:54 pm

My apologies. I only use the internet to study, research, or work so I have no "Internet etiquette" that most have. I did not realize that thread was so old but Ill make sure to not comment on older discussions.

It just seems like the moderator would disable comments from items we are not meant to make replies to. If I was able to comment, I guess I didnt break any rules. YOU let me know what the rules are. I read them but maybe I missed this one. I hope to God you are not in my law group.

I didnt mean to offend anyone with my "shitty" comment. OBVIOUSLY we dont discuss too many issues in depth here. Hey, I can do as the Romans. I didnt realize there would be so many shallow people on the board.

What should my first comment have been, by the way? No, let me know what to say, how to say it, when to say it, and I will. I thought I'd join in on law convo (since Im a bit removed from chatting on the net) but guess not. Thanks for letting me know I'm welcomed!!!! You all are the best!!!!

00Lawgirl00

Postby 00Lawgirl00 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:00 pm

Mack.Hambleton wrote:
00Lawgirl00 wrote:

You all are SH**! Disrespectful law kids

Iwanttolawschool

Postby Iwanttolawschool » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:11 pm

Hey, I like your style. Keep it up. 2nd and 3rd posts show potential

Mack.Hambleton

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:27 am

why dont u make like a banana and split

Clemenceau

Postby Clemenceau » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:00 am

You damn law kids!

-lawgirl

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:20 am

Having this show up in popular threads and falling for it feels > back to back rickrolls used to.
Last edited by zhenders on Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:32 am

I can't tell if this question is serious. Answer: Hell yes.

I applied 2 straight cycles. In terms of the schools that I got into on both cycles, I got way more $$$ during the second cycle. Schools that I got wait listed at during the first cycle I ended up getting into during the second cycle with $$$. Only difference during my 2nd cycle is a higher LSAT score.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:18 am

The OP of this thread is looooooong gone. Please don't bump old threads unless you have good reason (like you have the same question and would like additional input, particularly if you're wondering if the advice is still good).

Nebby

Postby Nebby » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:30 pm

Law girl has the social skills of a home schooled kid.

PoopNpants

Postby PoopNpants » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:39 pm

00Lawgirl00 wrote:My apologies. I only use the internet to study, research, or work so I have no "Internet etiquette" that most have. I did not realize that thread was so old but Ill make sure to not comment on older discussions.

It just seems like the moderator would disable comments from items we are not meant to make replies to. If I was able to comment, I guess I didnt break any rules. YOU let me know what the rules are. I read them but maybe I missed this one. I hope to God you are not in my law group.

I didnt mean to offend anyone with my "shitty" comment. OBVIOUSLY we dont discuss too many issues in depth here. Hey, I can do as the Romans. I didnt realize there would be so many shallow people on the board.

What should my first comment have been, by the way? No, let me know what to say, how to say it, when to say it, and I will. I thought I'd join in on law convo (since Im a bit removed from chatting on the net) but guess not. Thanks for letting me know I'm welcomed!!!! You all are the best!!!!

If you wanna trash AA, there's a forum here for that. I'm sure you'd fit right in over there

TheSpanishMain

Postby TheSpanishMain » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:42 pm

"You may have been beaten by a Chinese."

fats provolone

Postby fats provolone » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:45 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:"You may have been beaten by a Chinese."

she was just trying to join in on law convo

jfernandes16

Postby jfernandes16 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:11 pm

fats provolone wrote:
TheSpanishMain wrote:"You may have been beaten by a Chinese."

she was just trying to join in on law convo

The person she was replying to may have already graduated from law school, worked two years at big law, realized it's miserable and sold all possessions to go travel the world and learn yoga

Strong 6 year bump/ first post. I cringed

Return to “Financial Aid”