external scholarships for international students? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
jennie

New

external scholarships for international students?

Post by jennie » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:19 am

Pardon my ignorance: Are there any good databases for external scholarships for international students? I tried Fastweb but couldn't find any--it's mostly for college students and US citizens. I could keep googling, but I wonder if there are some well-known, substantial scholarships or a good database.

QContinuum

Re: external scholarships for international students?

Post by QContinuum » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:58 am

Significant external scholarships are rare for U.S. students. Some foreign countries provide funding opportunities to their students to study in the U.S. or other countries - I'm not sure whether Canada has any such programs, but you'd probably have a better shot there.

I recall from the HLS thread that you have something like a 3.85 GPA and 175 LSAT. That's above both 75ths at CCN and down. If you were a U.S. applicant, you'd be a strong candidate for substantial merit scholarships, including full-tuition scholarships, at CCN and down. (HYS don't award merit aid.) That's probably your best shot, as is also the case for domestic applicants. (I'm inclined to think you'd be treated similarly even though you're international, because - unlike other international students - you still have a reportable GPA which is extremely strong. But admittedly I can't say for sure.)

Return to “Financial Aid”