Asking for more merit based scholarship money without leverage? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
cdarosa

New

Asking for more merit based scholarship money without leverage?

Post by cdarosa » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:54 am

Hello. Recently admitted to Lewis & Clark with a $33k/year merit based scholarship. L&C was the only law school I applied to, but I’m also considering a masters program (but the cost difference between the two year MS and three years at L&C would be negligible once cost of living was taken in to account). Wondering if reaching out asking for any more scholarship money without having other schools offers to leverage is a total waste of time? I’ve gotten multiple calls from alumni, admissions, and professors so it definitely seems like they’re trying to entice me. Just curious if anyone has had any luck getting extra $$$ when they’ve only applied to one school.

3.84 GPA and 162 LSAT for what it’s worth.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Re: Asking for more merit based scholarship money without leverage?

Post by sparkytrainer » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:07 am

You should not attend at that price point. You have a great GPA. Do not waste it with that eh lsat score and that dumpster fire of a school. Plus you need leverage to get more money, so you are gonna be out of luck.

Study harder and retake the lsat, get 7 more questions right, then get a scholarship to the t13

Return to “Financial Aid”