Are you given loans for university dormitory? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
yeah

New

Are you given loans for university dormitory?

Post by yeah » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:37 pm

Can you take a dormitory for granted once you go got to Law School?

lymenheimer

Gold

Is this even a sentence

Post by lymenheimer » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:36 pm

yeah

New

Re: Is this even a sentence

Post by yeah » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:41 pm

lymenheimer wrote:...................
??????????

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:47 pm

yeah wrote:
??????????
You ask almost exclusively dumb and incoherent questions. HTH.

ETA: Oh, and your use of super ellipsis is really weird

yeah

New

Post by yeah » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:59 pm

UVA2B wrote:
yeah wrote:
??????????

I asked the question the subject line.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:10 am

yeah wrote:
UVA2B wrote:
yeah wrote:
??????????

I asked the question the subject line.
Yes you did, but your question makes very little sense. I'll outline why and how you can better use TLS in the future.

1. The great majority of law students don't live in dormitories. Generally professional schools will not even offer them. You'll get a loan disbursement at the beginning of each semester that will cover tuition with the remainder going to you to pay for your life (although you seem to be an international student, so how the loan program works will vary beyond my understanding of international students getting loans). So no, loans are not given for a university dormitory.

2. What do you mean by take a dormitory for granted? If the school you choose offers housing as part of tuition and fees, it's up to you whether you take them. No law school I'm aware of forces students to live in dormitories, so all they'll do is work with you through financial aid to ensure you can pay for school and pay for the life that surrounds school. The rest is up to you.

3. You can make as many threads as you want, but every time you throw up a new thread with a question that isn't at all pointed or specific, and doesn't provide additional information for that question, people will not want to or be able to help you in your question. Think carefully about the questions you have, why you have them, and whether you've done the necessary research into a particular school and how they might handle your particular issue. If you can't find the answer, ask it here with amplifying info as to why you're asking the question. People can only be helpful so long as you ask questions that aren't immediately available on the university you're considering's website while providing enough information as to why you're asking the question.

In summation, get better at asking questions in the future and you'll get better responses. Or expect consternation and continued snark in the future otherwise.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”