Tight Negotiation Window Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
breyersringtone

New

Tight Negotiation Window

Post by breyersringtone » Thu May 25, 2017 10:08 am

Last edited by breyersringtone on Thu May 25, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cavalier1138

Re: Tight Negotiation Window

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu May 25, 2017 10:31 am

You're in. They aren't going to revoke your acceptance for asking them to speed up their process.

Just explain the situation. You really want to go to Duke, but you can't justify it without a scholarship, especially since you're sitting on a full ride from WashU. WashU has a deadline coming up, and in order to make an informed decision, you need to know if you would be paying sticker at Duke. The worst possible outcome is that they tell you they can't give you an answer in time, in which case you need to decide if Duke is worth that much debt.

saf18hornet

Bronze

Post by saf18hornet » Thu May 25, 2017 10:47 am

breyersringtone wrote:I'm hoping someone has some wisdom for me, as I'm not quite sure how to handle this situation. I was accepted off the waitlist for Duke a few days ago and I've submitted a scholarship application. I also have a full tuition scholarship at WUSTL. I would love to attend Duke, but I'm worried I won't hear back about a scholarship (if I get one, I realize my chances aren't great) before the WUSTL seat deposit deadline.

I could email Duke explaining the situation, but it feels rude to do so when I've had no prior communication and I'm a WL acceptance. Any ideas how I should proceed?
1) Does WUSTL require you to withdraw from all your other schools if you place a deposit?
2) In addition to what cav said above, you could ask for an deposit extension from WUSTL explaining your situation in the other direction, that you just got off a waitlist and are waiting scholarship information

breyersringtone

New

Post by breyersringtone » Thu May 25, 2017 1:25 pm

Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”