Negotiating Scholarships for Santa Clara

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
irlaxgirl

Negotiating Scholarships for Santa Clara

Postby irlaxgirl » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:54 pm

Does anyone know how feasible negotiating with Santa Clara is? They gave me 27k not renewable (despite being well over 75th percentile) but I have other schools​ that are closely ranked to them offering much larger scholarships like Loyola Chicago for 30k a year renewable and Syracuse similarly. I really want into Santa Clara's​ IP program. Any help would be appreciated.

cavalier1138

Re: Negotiating Scholarships for Santa Clara

Postby cavalier1138 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:23 am

Don't bother negotiating, because you shouldn't go to Santa Clara if you want to be a lawyer. Over half their graduating class wasn't working as a lawyer after school, and most of that group was unemployed.

You should be focusing on a region based on the schools you're looking at, so focus on schools in the area you want to work. And don't go to any of these institutions for less than a full ride, because none of the places you listed offer you realistic chances at a salary that will help you pay off your debt.

goldenbear2020

Postby goldenbear2020 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:50 pm

Are you eligible to take the patent bar? If so, Santa Clara may be worth attending with a full ride and a desirable STEM degree.

cavalier1138

Postby cavalier1138 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:54 pm

goldenbear2020 wrote:Are you eligible to take the patent bar? If so, Santa Clara may be worth attending with a full ride and a desirable STEM degree.

Is the half of the class with a legal job after graduation the half which passed the patent bar?

There is no such thing as a bad school that's actually great for patent law.

Return to “Financial Aid”